GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise?

+17
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
NEELY
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
tim1_2
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bob McKenzie said:

No real talks have taken place between Parise and the Devils with regards to a contract extension. This could become a big story heading into the trade deadline.

So, the next question is pretty obvious: are the Sens far enough along now to think about making a move for him before this summer? The reason this is being brought up is that the Devils will likely not wait until he hits the open market, or even bother with trading his rights, this is an important player, if they feel it's not gonna happen, they'll likely trade him.

Ideally for the Sens, they bid on him in the summer, but realistically, should they try for him at the deadline?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Devils are going to be going in a different direction I think. They are pretty much going to have to rebuild. Brodeur's done, they got no real replacement for him. Other than Kovalchuk, Larsson, Parise and Zajac, they suck. They have a few other decent players, but meh.

Will Parise want to stick around? And I', not sure Ottawa would be the top of his list.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Like I said before, Tallon is as aggressive as they come. Parise to Florida?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Only major problem I see with them is that Brodeur seems done and they have no replacement.

Henrique is pretty good as well I do not think they are that bad. Remains to be seen if deBoer is a long term solution for them. I dont know their prospect pool so I have no idea if they have any good players in the system.

I really doubt they will rebuild given their financial situation and the (lack of) a fanbase. I think Parise will resign, Lou is a good GM, he will not let him walk.

Ottawa is not a top free agent destination, Parise will pretty much have his choice of teams to go to and we will be on the bottom of the list regardless how well we do this year.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

San Jose, Colorado, Nashville, Rangers, Leafs

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see the sense in giving up a 1st rounder ++ for Parise at the deadline. We will pursue him in free agency if he is available. We are one of the few teams with the cap space (and owner willing to shell out) required to go after him.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I can only Drool at the thought of him on the team.

A top 6 with Spezza, Turris, Michalek, Parise?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:San Jose, Colorado, Nashville, Rangers, Leafs

San Jose - no cap space
Colorado - they are cheap and I doubt anyone wants to play there
Nashville - they are cheap as well, also doubtful they can keep Weber and Suter much less get Parise
Rangers - blew their cap space on Richards
Leafs - LOL no one wants to play there and Burke wont offer the kind of borderline illegal frontloaded contract it would take

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, you have to think that any trade for Parise starts with a 1st rounder + high-end prospect / good young player.

Anyway, with Parise, because he signed a 1-year deal as an RFA this summer, I don't think NJ can technically even start to talk to him about a new contract until the new year. Pretty sure that's in the CBA.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Anyway, with Parise, because he signed a 1-year deal as an RFA this summer, I don't think NJ can technically even start to talk to him about a new contract until the new year. Pretty sure that's in the CBA.

My understanding is they can't sign anything until the new year, they can talk and even come to a verbal agreement.

MacKenzie mentioned last night it's a little odd they have not even talked. However I believe Lou has a policy of not negotiating during the season. They have lots of time.

With all the bankruptcy rumors the big question is whether they can afford to pay him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I actually think Ottawa will be a really valid destination for Parise. He'll want to win, but he's young enough to take the steps with the team as they rise to a contender - not to mention that he alone would make the Sens at least a playoff team IMO.

Plus, these guys aren't dumb, he knows that we have Karlsson and Cowen as a nucleus for the D in the future, and Gonchar and Phillips to help. Spezza would be a slight attraction, but the depth of the team would be another - and certainly Paul MacLean has to be looked at as a player's coach.

So, I think we really might have an opportunity to get him - IF he ever makes it to free agency.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I actually think Ottawa will be a really valid destination for Parise. He'll want to win, but he's young enough to take the steps with the team as they rise to a contender - not to mention that he alone would make the Sens at least a playoff team IMO.

Plus, these guys aren't dumb, he knows that we have Karlsson and Cowen as a nucleus for the D in the future, and Gonchar and Phillips to help. Spezza would be a slight attraction, but the depth of the team would be another - and certainly Paul MacLean has to be looked at as a player's coach.

I really doubt players like Parise know anything about Ottawa besides our position in the standings. Until this team reaches the same point we were at the time of the lockout(where every media outlet saw us the team to beat and predicted us to win the Cup) I don't think any major FA will seriously consider us. This is Ottawa, a small town and one of the most boring NHL cities.

We will make a big offer to Parise and his agent will use it as a bargaining chip with the other teams. That will be the extent of our involvement with Parise if he hits UFA on July 1st.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I actually think Ottawa will be a really valid destination for Parise. He'll want to win, but he's young enough to take the steps with the team as they rise to a contender - not to mention that he alone would make the Sens at least a playoff team IMO.

I really doubt players like Parise know anything about Ottawa besides our position in the standings. Until this team reaches the same point we were at the time of the lockout(where every media outlet saw us the team to beat and predicted us to win the Cup) I don't think any major FA will seriously consider us. This is Ottawa, a small town and one of the most boring NHL cities.

We will make a big offer to Parise and his agent will use it as a bargaining chip with the other teams. That will be the extent of our involvement with Parise if he hits UFA on July 1st.

I think you sell everyone short here. Parise would know the situation before he signs with any team, Ottawa is a great place to raise a family and sometimes the smaller the better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the Sens are indeed "all in", will they be wearing some idiotic looking dark glasses and a hat with some low-rent gambling web site ad?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I think you sell everyone short here. Parise would know the situation before he signs with any team, Ottawa is a great place to raise a family and sometimes the smaller the better.

Is Parise even married ? I don't think he's at the age where raising a family is a top priority, that's more of an issue for older players.

I am not trying to sell anyone short. This team is just potential right now. I don't think potential is enough to get him to sign on the dotted line considering most NHL teams will have offers in front of him. Parise will not spend the prime years of his career on a team who has potential to be a contender within a couple of years when he'll have offers just as good from teams that are legit contenders right now.

I think this team is a more favorable destination for younger, unestablished players considering the age of our future core and we're one of the better teams when it comes to developing players and giving them a legit shot and that's the type of guys Murray is after.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum