GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise?

+17
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
NEELY
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
tim1_2
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can't argue with that, if guys don't like the pressure, there's nothing you can do. Parise and Suter should at least look at Ottawa as a potential destination.

Parise on Spezza's wing would be a match made in heaven IMO. Nice give and take there, Parise has a nice snipe, but he's also a decent playmaker and Spezza's an exceptional playmaker who can also snipe.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:On top of that, if somehow Ottawa does decide to or Parise decides to play in Ottawa how much room would a 2nd line of Silfverberg/Turris/Alfi get?

I was gonna say the same, nice support from the Alfie, Turris and presumably Silfverberg line. And not to mention Zibanejad coming up soon to support as well. Nice blend of grit and leadership and skill IMO.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Honestly, if Ottawa wins a round or God forbid 2, Parise may very well consider Ottawa along with other UFA's if he chooses to leave NJ. Could you imagine a top line of Michalek/Spezza/Parise? Hell, there isn't a lot of teams that can offer him 7 years at 7.5 mil and not worry about icing a team.

Ottawa should and very well could be the top landing spot for a UFA hockey wise for the next few years. That said, Ottawa is cold, it's a smaller market, and some guys don't like the pressure of playing in Canada.

With global warming, Hudson's Bay may very well be prime resort beachfront property in a few years. For now, Ottawa is nowhere near as cold as Winnipeg or Quebec City, warmer than it used to be even 5-10 years ago, and Kanata *is* a good place to bring up kids.

154Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:05 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

If Ottawa was to get ZP to sign here, do the Sens contend immediately, or is the D still too young? Assuming, of course, that they don't shore up the blue line with a UFA signing or a trade this summer.

155Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:If Ottawa was to get ZP to sign here, do the Sens contend immediately, or is the D still too young? Assuming, of course, that they don't shore up the blue line with a UFA signing or a trade this summer.

So no Kuba, just Boroweicki in there? Probably not there yet in that case, getting pretty dangerous though.

156Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
So no Kuba, just Boroweicki in there? Probably not there yet in that case, getting pretty dangerous though.

No way are we winning anything with that D. The amount of giveaways and breakdowns on a nightly basis is unthinkable.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just looked at Detroit's cap situation. Those Diddlers have $20M available next year, and already have 17 guys signed. So, yeah, they have the space to make a run at both Parise and Suter. Both being Americans, perhaps they would prefer the sense of excitement that would come with living in Detroit, and always being afraid for your life, as compared to boring Ottawa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

No way are we winning anything with that D. The amount of giveaways and breakdowns on a nightly basis is unthinkable.

I think we'll be fine. Don't forget we had Carkner rehabbing knee surgery for half the season so we had a Rundblad, Lee and Gilroy all out there at various points in time. And they were all paired with Phillips. I think we need Phillips out there a lot more than as a third-pairing guy and we also need a bit more consistency in terms of who is out there. Can Phillips replace Kuba up front with Karlsson or do you roll the dice and hope Cowen gets into #beastmode out of camp?

Phillips - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar
Borowiecki - Carkner

Better team defensive play as well. Whenever they lost the puck they seemed to have a devil of a time getting it back. They were consistently out of position and late to the puck every time.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did someone say "all in?"

Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 All_in10

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think Boroweicki will surprise a lot of people here in Ottawa. People look at him as a 5th round draft pick that could make it in the bottom 6. Truth be told he may very well be a 20 min a night D man that goes against other teams top lines each night. The kid is legit and the only reason they got him in the 5th round was because of the league he played in at the time. CJHL. If he's a freshman in college or in the OHL he's a 2nd rounder at worst.

161Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I think Boroweicki will surprise a lot of people here in Ottawa. People look at him as a 5th round draft pick that could make it in the bottom 6. Truth be told he may very well be a 20 min a night D man that goes against other teams top lines each night. The kid is legit and the only reason they got him in the 5th round was because of the league he played in at the time. CJHL. If he's a freshman in college or in the OHL he's a 2nd rounder at worst.

but you could say there was a reason he was in the CJHL at the time. My hunch is Ottawa doesn't even select him if he isn't from Ottawa.

162Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:12 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I think Boroweicki will surprise a lot of people here in Ottawa. People look at him as a 5th round draft pick that could make it in the bottom 6. Truth be told he may very well be a 20 min a night D man that goes against other teams top lines each night. The kid is legit and the only reason they got him in the 5th round was because of the league he played in at the time. CJHL. If he's a freshman in college or in the OHL he's a 2nd rounder at worst.

but you could say there was a reason he was in the CJHL at the time. My hunch is Ottawa doesn't even select him if he isn't from Ottawa.

The reason was he wanted to go to college. It's becoming a more and more popular route. OHL/CHL isn't for everyone, especially guys that are not a sure thing. The tier II ranks and being more and more heavily scouted by both Universities and NHL teams.

As for your hunch, you may be right as Ottawa got to see him play a ton being in the CJHL. That's the benefit of being in a hockey city such as Ottawa. Gives you an advantage over a lot of other teams.

163Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

The reason was he wanted to go to college. It's becoming a more and more popular route. OHL/CHL isn't for everyone, especially guys that are not a sure thing. The tier II ranks and being more and more heavily scouted by both Universities and NHL teams.

As for your hunch, you may be right as Ottawa got to see him play a ton being in the CJHL. That's the benefit of being in a hockey city such as Ottawa. Gives you an advantage over a lot of other teams.

Agreed.

Also, did you mean Bottom 4?

164Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:33 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, meant bottom 2 pairing. Either way, I think Boroweicki may end up being the new A Train with a better outlet pass and a little more hockey sense and more of an edge.

165Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:36 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well it looks like they won't be all-in for anybody as Melnyk just said they can't spend toe-to-toe with high market teams.

go Diddle yourself bub. I thought you were rich. I thought you would spend if needed.

166Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:well it looks like they won't be all-in for anybody as Melnyk just said they can't spend toe-to-toe with high market teams.

go Diddle yourself bub. I thought you were rich. I thought you would spend if needed.

At least he finally admits it. I've been saying this for months now. Beer

167Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No reason to spend stupid amounts of money, hasn't worked for NYR for 20 years and their MVP was a draft pick.

Anyways, the cap is probably coming down again with the new CBA and players money won't go into the "just in case" fund.

The way to build a team is with intelligence, anyone can throw money at a player.

168Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 11 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:No reason to spend stupid amounts of money, hasn't worked for NYR for 20 years and their MVP was a draft pick.

Anyways, the cap is probably coming down again with the new CBA and players money won't go into the "just in case" fund.

The way to build a team is with intelligence, anyone can throw money at a player.

Fair enough. I just happen to think that part of building with intelligence might take a little spending.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum