GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Would you trade for Parise?

+15
DefenceWinsChampionships
Da lil Guy
wprager
Riprock
rooneypoo
garblar
Flo The Action
spader
tim1_2
stempniaksen
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

POLL: Would you trade for Parise?

POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Vote_lcap238%POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Vote_rcap2 38% [ 5 ]
POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Vote_lcap262%POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Vote_rcap2 62% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Where there's smoke, there's fire. That's been the way to look at this NHL off-season thus far. Havlat being traded - everyone saw it, it was a matter of time. Burns being traded - it had been rumoured for a while. It's getting to the point where it's hard to keep these kind of things on the down low. Sure, when it happens, we're always surprised and excited that it actually went down, but trace the steps back and rumour followers can show you a pretty fair timeline where they knew something was coming.

That leads to Parise, he's not signed yet, he's arbitration eligible, where he can ask for a 1 year contract and the Devils can ask for 2 years (I believe) and there is smoke on this one. I would NOT be surprised if he re-signed with the Devils at all, but there's an off-chance he's on the market.

So, this is the question:

Would you trade Erik Karlsson as part of the base of a trade for Zach Parise?

2POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:31 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The Answer is no.

Parise will be in his early 30s by the time we're contenders (wasting his peak years).

I'd only trade for someone like Stamkos, who's just getting started in the NHL.

I wouldn't trade Karlsson either(I think that'd be a huge mistake, he's a very unique player) especially to another team in the East.

3POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
I wouldn't trade Karlsson either(I think that'd be a huge mistake, he's a very unique player) especially to another team in the East.

My initial reaction was yes, I'll do it, but then Mel and I were chatting about it and I completely changed my mind on dealing Karlsson - even if it's for someone as special as Parise. I can't bring myself to move one of the best young D-men in the league, no matter what the return, especially because offense is being generated more and more from the backend.

EDIT: Which is why I put this poll here, I'm curious what people think.

4POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:39 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Karlsson for Parise? In a second.

5POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Karlsson for Parise? In a second.

What about Karlsson + next year's 1st?

Plus, colour me slightly surprised you'd do it that quickly. Offense from the backend is such a huge thing in this NHL and Karlsson's one of the best young offensive D-man in the game.

6POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Parise is a legit franchise player and probably has 10 plus years in him. Karlsson as of yet is not.

7POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Parise is a legit franchise player and probably has 10 plus years in him. Karlsson as of yet is not.

How far away is Karlsson from being a franchise player? 45 points on the worst offensive team in the league = huge numbers when the offense starts coming along. He's not great defensively - yet, but I can see that changing as he adds on some weight and gets more comfortable in the league.

8POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:56 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Parise is a legit franchise player and probably has 10 plus years in him. Karlsson as of yet is not.

Karlsson will be a franchise player for 15-20 more years.

Rebuilding teams don't trade draft picks and prospects.

Only scenario I could see Karlsson getting traded is somewhere down the road when/if Rundblad and/or Weircioch make him redundant.

As it stands now Karlsson is not redundant and one of the top point getters on the team and still 6 years from UFA status.

Jersey won't let Parise go anyway.

9POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:10 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For sure I'd do it. Parise is a game-breaker.

10POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:11 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

No I wouldn't do it. So fuuck that shiit. I would have however been willing to trade the 6th overall pick plus some more picks and prospects for him.

11POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:16 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"you don't trade picks and prospects" in a rebuild is illogical. You DO if it improves your team for the next 10 years.

12POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:For sure I'd do it. Parise is a game-breaker.

Isn't Karlsson as well?

13POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:22 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:"you don't trade picks and prospects" in a rebuild is illogical. You DO if it improves your team for the next 10 years.

That means the Kessel trade was a home run right ? Sarcasm

You don't trade prospects unless they are redundant.

You don't trade draft picks unless you are 110% sure the team will go far and it will be a late 1st round pick (in a weak draft preferably).

Neither of these are true in this case.

Big Ev wrote:For sure I'd do it. Parise is a game-breaker.

Karlsson isn't ?

14POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:25 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not as much as Parise.

Have people lost their minds? Parise is a Top 10 legit NHL who is still not even in his prime. If he's on the Sens, the team isn't a bottom feeder next year.

Sayign you don't trade prospects unless they are redundant is stupid, it really is. You wouldn't trade any prospects for Parise?

Parise is 10x the player Kessel is.

15POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Empty Re: POLL: Would you trade for Parise? Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

People obviously don't realize how good Parise is. That's a guy who was considered a top 10 player in the league last year and probably still is.

People need to get a grip, I love Karlsson as much as anyone and it would take a very special player to even get someone to consider trading Karlsson... Parise is a franchise, elite, number 1 winger, type of player.

Alfi didn't even play in the league until he was 23, 24 and The Sens got 15 years out of him. Parise is more than Alfi was at his age by a mile.

The only people who would make that deal are die hards that have a love fest that can only be considered unhealthy for their players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum