GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise?

+17
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
NEELY
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
tim1_2
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 13]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I actually think Ottawa will be a really valid destination for Parise. He'll want to win, but he's young enough to take the steps with the team as they rise to a contender - not to mention that he alone would make the Sens at least a playoff team IMO.

Plus, these guys aren't dumb, he knows that we have Karlsson and Cowen as a nucleus for the D in the future, and Gonchar and Phillips to help. Spezza would be a slight attraction, but the depth of the team would be another - and certainly Paul MacLean has to be looked at as a player's coach.

I really doubt players like Parise know anything about Ottawa besides our position in the standings. Until this team reaches the same point we were at the time of the lockout(where every media outlet saw us the team to beat and predicted us to win the Cup) I don't think any major FA will seriously consider us. This is Ottawa, a small town and one of the most boring NHL cities.

We will make a big offer to Parise and his agent will use it as a bargaining chip with the other teams. That will be the extent of our involvement with Parise if he hits UFA on July 1st.

I think you sell everyone short here. Parise would know the situation before he signs with any team, Ottawa is a great place to raise a family and sometimes the smaller the better.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the Sens are indeed "all in", will they be wearing some idiotic looking dark glasses and a hat with some low-rent gambling web site ad?

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I think you sell everyone short here. Parise would know the situation before he signs with any team, Ottawa is a great place to raise a family and sometimes the smaller the better.

Is Parise even married ? I don't think he's at the age where raising a family is a top priority, that's more of an issue for older players.

I am not trying to sell anyone short. This team is just potential right now. I don't think potential is enough to get him to sign on the dotted line considering most NHL teams will have offers in front of him. Parise will not spend the prime years of his career on a team who has potential to be a contender within a couple of years when he'll have offers just as good from teams that are legit contenders right now.

I think this team is a more favorable destination for younger, unestablished players considering the age of our future core and we're one of the better teams when it comes to developing players and giving them a legit shot and that's the type of guys Murray is after.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The title of the thread should be: Are the Sens ready to trade their 1st rounder and Mika Zibanejad

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:The title of the thread should be: Are the Sens ready to trade their 1st rounder and Mika Zibanejad

For a signed Parise? Probably.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKid wrote:The title of the thread should be: Are the Sens ready to trade their 1st rounder and Mika Zibanejad

Yeah I would only do that if/once Turris actually produces more than 60+ points in a season. Even then, I would still hesitate cuz I liked what I saw from Zibby.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Nope, they won't do it.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Nope, they won't do it.

Assuming ur talking about Ottawa? I would agree then.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would not trade for him but i'd offer him a fat contract on july 1st.

I partially agree with spez that Ottawa does stand a chance.
I think agents make it their job to inform their players coming into FA of what the situation is with interested teams.

Ottawa is an interesting destination just for the fact that we are a few steps ahead in our rebuilding process and probably a few years away of replenishing our roster internally with good players.

let's keep our 1st rounders.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Nope, they won't do it.

Wouldn't trade Zib and our 1st for a signed Parise? Are you serious? I'd do that with my eyes closed. Parise's the Dung. Zib's probably gonna be good, but I wonder if he'll be more of a Fisher type. I can't imagine them turning that down. Also, if the Sens continue playing like they've been, that 1st will be middle of the pack.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I would not trade for him

Not even if he was signed?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Nope, they won't do it.

Really hard to say that with any conviction. Parise would be a gargantuan piece anywhere.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:
LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Nope, they won't do it.

Wouldn't trade Zib and our 1st for a signed Parise? Are you serious? I'd do that with my eyes closed. Parise's the Dung. Zib's probably gonna be good, but I wonder if he'll be more of a Fisher type. I can't imagine them turning that down. Also, if the Sens continue playing like they've been, that 1st will be middle of the pack.

Me too. Almost zero hesitation.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

it's actually the 1st that bothers me more then Zib. I too think zib could turn out to be a fisher type player. now as a winger that could be interesting.
it really depends with our 1st rounder where we sit. if we're fringe playoff we could possibly bomb downwards after the trade deadline. giving up a top 10 pick doesn't sound good to me.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

it's actually the 1st that bothers me more then Zib. I too think zib could turn out to be a fisher type player. now as a winger that could be interesting.
it really depends with our 1st rounder where we sit. if we're fringe playoff we could possibly bomb downwards after the trade deadline. giving up a top 10 pick doesn't sound good to me.

Ya, with a top-10 pick, you might get lucky and pick a Parise-type player. Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

Ya, with a top-10 pick, you might get lucky and pick a Parise-type player. Sarcasm
wel... ya! but without the huge price tag. I know this is dreaming but i'm still hoping we draft fosberg this upcoming draft. I'm kind of hoping he falls a bit in the ranking if some of these D.men can rise a little.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

wel... ya! but without the huge price tag. I know this is dreaming but i'm still hoping we draft fosberg this upcoming draft. I'm kind of hoping he falls a bit in the ranking if some of these D.men can rise a little.

Ha. I'll take the safe option and trade for a signed Parise. Every time.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

OR...we could wait till Free agency period and not give up jack Dung to get him Smile

I know the odds are much lower for that to happen, but I'd say it's about the same to trade for a 'signed' parise. Why would NJ do that? If we want him just for a rental...then that trade makes no sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum