GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Buffalo @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Tuesday, December 20, 2011

+18
LeCaptain
Vandelay
Da lil Guy
Ev
stempniaksen
Riprock
KidKarlsson
wprager
SensHulk
spader
PTFlea
Hoags
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously...Jared Cowen is a stud. Stud! Ahhhhh!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:I'm pretty sure that Condra GWG should not have happened. Delayed offside yet Turris was hacking away at the Sabres forward. Should have been blown dead I believe.

Are you an expert? You're not an expert.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:The Voice just said that these are the first three lines:

Greening-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Turris-Condra
Smith-Regin-Neil

Condra on the second line? Interesting. We'll see, I guess. Expect a lot of shuffling.

Looks like that line two was the right call after all. 2 goals for Condra and an assist for the new guy Turris.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That Winchester injury has bought some of the fringe forwards a bit more time it would seem.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

stempniaksen wrote:He is extremely weak on the puck, and that is the one thing that has stuck out to me. He seems to rely on his speed to win puck battles (Why wouldn't he though) but if he doesn't get there first he doesn't usually come away with it. He won the battle on the Condra goal, so hopefully that shows him that success will come when he fights for every inch.

He is still young, and obviously he has a ton of time to bulk up, but it's something I'd like to see him start doing sooner rather than later.

That's just my two cents, I'm probably nitpicking a bit.

Ya...he did what I was hoping he would- competed hard, seemed engaged all night, and made some nice defensive plays. However, he is weak! He's come to the right place to bulk up though...Ottawa training staff- commence!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wow the media here is awful. I wonder what it would be like if we traded for an actual supserstar lol

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:wow the media here is awful. I wonder what it would be like if we traded for an actual supserstar lol

They don't know what a superstar is. They've been making up their own definition of stardom in Ottawa for over a decade now.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Turris should train with Gary Roberts (unless he has a rule about no Sens).

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:wow the media here is awful. I wonder what it would be like if we traded for an actual supserstar lol

I know media is awful here...but what kind of 'awful' are you talking about?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

I count three stories on Turris on the Sun's Sports home page.

"Turris Sparks Sens Win".

"Turris has memorable debut"

"Turris deal good?"

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vandelay wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:He is extremely weak on the puck, and that is the one thing that has stuck out to me. He seems to rely on his speed to win puck battles (Why wouldn't he though) but if he doesn't get there first he doesn't usually come away with it. He won the battle on the Condra goal, so hopefully that shows him that success will come when he fights for every inch.

He is still young, and obviously he has a ton of time to bulk up, but it's something I'd like to see him start doing sooner rather than later.

Ya...he did what I was hoping he would- competed hard, seemed engaged all night, and made some nice defensive plays. However, he is weak! He's come to the right place to bulk up though...Ottawa training staff- commence!

T.Murray basically said exactly this when we first got him. Needs a summer with our training staff.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:

I count three stories on Turris on the Sun's Sports home page.

"Turris Sparks Sens Win".

"Turris has memorable debut"

"Turris deal good?"

Jury's still out on that last title, but the other two don't seem to be too far fetched. He did help 'spark' a victory by driving to the net and collecting his rebound. Memorable might be a stretch...might. But new team, new city, new jitters and lack of training camp means its not a bad debut.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I was impressed. For someone who missed training camp, only played a few games this year I thought he played really well. His defensive play and faceoff skills are good. Hope to see more that killer shot he has.

As for his lack of strength, I thought I heard on the broadcast last night that he went up from 170-ish lbs to his current 194 lbs (TSN says he is 188). Sounds like was really underweight in Phoenix. Randy Lee and the staff here can fix that over the summer.

He made a difference in his first game, I'd say that's a good sign.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I thought his game was conservative, but that is not a bad thing. He was focused on playing smartly in a tight game.

Rundblad did not play for Phoenix last night.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

T.Murray basically said exactly this when we first got him. Needs a summer with our training staff.

You guys and your "bulking up." Laugh1 Laughing3

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

My favorite part in the game was Carkner dropping Pominville on his Donkey late in the game. He threw him back a few feet as well Laugh1

Of course no one on the Sabres did anything Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:My favorite part in the game was Carkner dropping Pominville on his Donkey late in the game. He threw him back a few feet as well Laugh1

Aside from the goals, that was the best part for sure. Move Wing Dang Doodle!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:My favorite part in the game was Carkner dropping Pominville on his Donkey late in the game. He threw him back a few feet as well Laugh1

Oh, and like anyone did anything to Gaustad after he put Winchester on the IR?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum