GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Buffalo @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Tuesday, December 20, 2011

+18
LeCaptain
Vandelay
Da lil Guy
Ev
stempniaksen
Riprock
KidKarlsson
wprager
SensHulk
spader
PTFlea
Hoags
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
shabbs
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:Wonder how bad winch is injured...didn't look too good. Should been boarding at least....

Enter butler.

Sens say he has a concussion.

Non-calls like that really, really pi$$ me off. Hope the ref gets called on that.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To quote the 8-year old who was sitting behind me at the game, when his Grandfather asked him how Turris was playing: "He's pretty good."

Sums it up right there, he did not look out of place at all...a tad weak on the puck maybe, but he's pretty slick out there.

Hope Winchester is OK, don't know how that was a non-call.

Great game overall, and the Sabres really suck.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'm just happy Roy didn't get a point.

Snoopydance

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:Wonder how bad winch is injured...didn't look too good. Should been boarding at least....

Enter butler.

Fack this guy just can't catch a break. Good thing we got that depth thingy...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Enter butler.

Fack this guy just can't catch a break. Good thing we got that depth thingy...

He's pretty injury-prone for sure.

As for depth, that will be tested as the injuries continue to pile up. The rest of the league surely has taken notice that it's open season on Ottawa Senators.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Back in 8th. Certainly within striking distance of Toronto and New Jersey, now. Florida is a third seed but how much of that is really the division they are in? They played us pretty tough in the middle of that 6 game winning streak. Versteeg tied it up with 47 seconds to go only to have Foligno stick a knife in their hearts with 2.5 seconds to go. That was before Markstrom got sent back down. You know, I kind of like our chances.

They're good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beauty of a win, top to bottom. Turris was impressive.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:
wprager wrote:Back in 8th. Certainly within striking distance of Toronto and New Jersey, now. Florida is a third seed but how much of that is really the division they are in? They played us pretty tough in the middle of that 6 game winning streak. Versteeg tied it up with 47 seconds to go only to have Foligno stick a knife in their hearts with 2.5 seconds to go. That was before Markstrom got sent back down. You know, I kind of like our chances.

They're good.

Yeah, I was looking at some of the teams they beat. Early on in the season the schedule was quite kind to them. Recently, though, they've been playing some better teams. Four of their last six games have gone into extra time, two of those wen to the shootout. They should be a little tired.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Beauty of a win, top to bottom. Turris was impressive.

Turris was fine. Spezza was impressive, and not even a third star (Miller got that, behind Anderson and Condra, of course). Anyone notice that he's stepped it up since Michalek has been out?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Beauty of a win, top to bottom. Turris was impressive.

Turris was fine. Spezza was impressive, and not even a third star (Miller got that, behind Anderson and Condra, of course). Anyone notice that he's stepped it up since Michalek has been out?

Yeah, Spezza was great, probably the star of the show with Karlsson tonight, but still thought Turris stepped in and made a couple of goal-saving plays, then stepped up and had a nice assist on what turned out to be the game winning goal. To me that's impressive in your first game in a new (hockey crazed) city.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe that's why they said Turris would be better in the bottom of the lineup

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

toooo many Erik's

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Karlsson on top of being fantastic defensivly put up his 31st point of the season. Only on pace for 70 points, no big deal.

More like 74.

That was a good game. Turris looks good. As he gets more comfortable, we'll see what we've got there. Condra was awesome, as was Zmith. Karlsson is unreal. Spezza's rolling.

Neil had 6 shots on net and an assist. Ahhhhh!

Anderson was great. Every night that he plays like that, they can win the game.

Last edited by spader on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm pretty sure that Condra GWG should not have happened. Delayed offside yet Turris was hacking away at the Sabres forward. Should have been blown dead I believe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very pleased, that was a big, big win! Lalalala

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Seriously...Jared Cowen is a stud. Stud! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:I'm pretty sure that Condra GWG should not have happened. Delayed offside yet Turris was hacking away at the Sabres forward. Should have been blown dead I believe.

Are you an expert? You're not an expert.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:The Voice just said that these are the first three lines:

Greening-Spezza-Alfie
Foligno-Turris-Condra
Smith-Regin-Neil

Condra on the second line? Interesting. We'll see, I guess. Expect a lot of shuffling.

Looks like that line two was the right call after all. 2 goals for Condra and an assist for the new guy Turris.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum