GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

You Call 'em

+15
NEELY
SensGirl11
Hobiesens
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Riprock
Ev
dennycrane
PTFlea
rooneypoo
tim1_2
SensHulk
wprager
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

106You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:17 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:Here are my projections (goal wise) for a few Sens:

Bobby Butler: 22
Jason Spezza: 29
Milan Michalek: 24
Erik Karlsson: 14
Daniel Alfredsson: 21

Gun to the head I would say VERY similar numbers:

Butler - 24
Spezza - 36
Michalek - same as you
Karlsson - same as you
Alfredsson - same as you (which is AWESOME that he scores 20+).

Sad day, if you think it'll be awesome if Alfie scores 20.

107You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:I guess i've got some serious wishful thinking with Alfie there, but it's certainly not impossible for him to do that, especially if the surgery was as successful as it sounds and that he's back to being healthier than he was last season...i mean, that was a brutal season for him injury-wise

From what I've been reading he may even be on the top line. I just want him to rest during the PK situations.

108You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SensGirl11 wrote:I guess i've got some serious wishful thinking with Alfie there, but it's certainly not impossible for him to do that, especially if the surgery was as successful as it sounds and that he's back to being healthier than he was last season...i mean, that was a brutal season for him injury-wise

From what I've been reading he may even be on the top line. I just want him to rest during the PK situations.

109You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:Here are my projections (goal wise) for a few Sens:

Bobby Butler: 22
Jason Spezza: 29
Milan Michalek: 24
Erik Karlsson: 14
Daniel Alfredsson: 21

Gun to the head I would say VERY similar numbers:

Butler - 24
Spezza - 36
Michalek - same as you
Karlsson - same as you
Alfredsson - same as you (which is AWESOME that he scores 20+).

Sad day, if you think it'll be awesome if Alfie scores 20.

Sad days are here Prags, but he'll ALWAYS be the MAN in Ottawa.

110You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:02 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

sorry to be buzz killington here, but if we have 4 different 20-goal scorers as many are projecting, shouldn't we be talking playoffs and not Nail Yakupov?

111You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:sorry to be buzz killington here, but if we have 4 different 20-goal scorers as many are projecting, shouldn't we be talking playoffs and not Nail Yakupov?

4 20 goal scorers and 14 other 4 goal scorers should off set that quite well.

112You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:47 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:sorry to be buzz killington here, but if we have 4 different 20-goal scorers as many are projecting, shouldn't we be talking playoffs and not Nail Yakupov?

That's 80 goals... not a whole lot.

If you are looking at the bigger picture, teams with 7 or 8 20 goal scorers get in, teams with 35-50 goal scorers get in as well... having your top 4 goals score less than 100 goals, not the best situation. YOu are asking for 100-130 goals from your 3rd and 4th lines along with your D. That's a lot.

113You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:57 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Butler and Filatov can get a combined 40 goals between them, we will be talking about the playoffs and The Sens come March and April. If a guy like Greening can put in 15-20, we might be talking about the playoffs.

It breaks down like this IMO, if the top 6 in Ottawa can scorer 120-140 goals, The Sens will be able to sneek in. You will probably get 45-50 goals from the blueline assuming Karlsson and Gonchar can somehow get 20-25 between them. The 3rd and 4th lines, if they can get you 40-50 goals as well, that's what they will need.

So you are looking at on the low end 205 goals, MAYBE that gets them in if Anderson plays the way Thomas did last year. On the high end, 240 goals will get The Sens in without much trouble. If they can score over 220 goals I think they make it. If not, it's a stretch.

114You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:01 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

That's 80 goals... not a whole lot.

If you are looking at the bigger picture, teams with 7 or 8 20 goal scorers get in, teams with 35-50 goal scorers get in as well... having your top 4 goals score less than 100 goals, not the best situation. YOu are asking for 100-130 goals from your 3rd and 4th lines along with your D. That's a lot.

we're not talking exactly 80 goals or 20 per person, you'd at least see 90 goals between them. And you have others like Foligno, Regin, Greening, Condra, Filatov who very well have a chance at getting more than 10 goals (again that doesn't mean it's exactly 50 goals between these guys). Basically I would say having Alfie, Spezza, Butler, Michalek get 20 + goals gets the remaining 5 get 10 or more will net you 150-160 goals. Anywhere in that range. That's not even counting defenseman scoring or 4th liners.

My basic thought here is that we had ONE 20 goal scorer last year and even that wasn't enough to land us in the bottom (thanks to craig anderson in the end). Matter of fact, only two players last year were over 15 goals (Michalek and Spezza). No I don't think I'm out to lunch when I say having 4 players get 20+ goals is going to mean playoff contention.

115You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:If Butler and Filatov can get a combined 40 goals between them, we will be talking about the playoffs and The Sens come March and April. If a guy like Greening can put in 15-20, we might be talking about the playoffs.

It breaks down like this IMO, if the top 6 in Ottawa can scorer 120-140 goals, The Sens will be able to sneek in. You will probably get 45-50 goals from the blueline assuming Karlsson and Gonchar can somehow get 20-25 between them. The 3rd and 4th lines, if they can get you 40-50 goals as well, that's what they will need.

So you are looking at on the low end 205 goals, MAYBE that gets them in if Anderson plays the way Thomas did last year. On the high end, 240 goals will get The Sens in without much trouble. If they can score over 220 goals I think they make it. If not, it's a stretch.

There's one part of that I don't get. 45-50 goals from the blueline, when Karlsson and Gonchar get 20-25 between them. That's 25 goals for Phillips/Lee and Kuba/Carkner/Lee. Phillips used to get around 5 goals playing as a top-pairing guy. I don't expect more than 5-8 goals from the two of them. Kuba/Carkner would probably be even less.

116You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Leafs had four 20+ goal scorers. That got them a 21st overall finish.

117You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:

Would have been a different story if they had Reimer playing the whole season, though. Same as Anderson here.

118You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:44 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:

And if i recall, they were in playoff contention thanks to late surge with the addition of reimer. they didnt get eliminated till the last week iirc

119You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, but that's just using a variable as an excuse. There's too many what if's... what if Alfie didn't get injured? What if Spezza didn't get injured? Michalek... etc etc...

There are at least a couple of teams that nearly had four 20 goal scorers if not for missing some games. Those few extra goals would not have made much difference if any in the teams standings.

120You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:49 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Dash wrote:

And if i recall, they were in playoff contention thanks to late surge with the addition of reimer. they didnt get eliminated till the last week iirc

Still changes nothing... four 20+ goal scorers and no playoffs, thus the argument that multiple 20 goal scorers does not mean playoffs holds true.

121You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:38 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Dash wrote:

Still changes nothing... four 20+ goal scorers and no playoffs, thus the argument that multiple 20 goal scorers does not mean playoffs holds true.

i said playoff contention, not making the playoffs. Talking about playoffs is at the opposite end of the nail yakupov spectrum, which was my point

122You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:26 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:If Butler and Filatov can get a combined 40 goals between them, we will be talking about the playoffs and The Sens come March and April. If a guy like Greening can put in 15-20, we might be talking about the playoffs.

There's one part of that I don't get. 45-50 goals from the blueline, when Karlsson and Gonchar get 20-25 between them. That's 25 goals for Phillips/Lee and Kuba/Carkner/Lee. Phillips used to get around 5 goals playing as a top-pairing guy. I don't expect more than 5-8 goals from the two of them. Kuba/Carkner would probably be even less.

Philips: 5
Kuba: 5
Lee: 3
Carkner: 2
Rundblad: 5
Cowen: 2
Borowiecki/Gryba: 2

Total: 24

There will be 8-9 D playing, with injuries/trade etc (like every year), so it's possible.

123You Call 'em - Page 8 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In relation to the NFL, the Sens want to be TB this year. Young, but shock teams and win their fair share on work ethic + Anderson. The goals are gonna be hard to come by, but we're likely not gonna let teams waltz into our zone and score at will - especially with guys like Greening, Condra, Z.Smith, et. all finally getting their full chance to show what they can do over a year. And Anderson, always back to him in the end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum