GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

You Call 'em

+15
NEELY
SensGirl11
Hobiesens
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Riprock
Ev
dennycrane
PTFlea
rooneypoo
tim1_2
SensHulk
wprager
spader
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

136You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:23 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:I think "Jumbo" Joe Thornton's gonna win the Art Ross. I'm hoping Rick Nash wins the Rocket.

+1, I think Nash has a good shot of putting it all together and scoring 50.

137You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:23 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

^That's SD up there, I'm logged in as SG Smile

138You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:27 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:
shabbs wrote:It's flippin' awesome.
+1. It's full of aweseomeness
Love my 9900.

139You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:57 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:I'll make a bold prediction that Alfie will be on the top line and top PP unit, but will play far less PK time. He'll get 28/45/73 in 75 games.

I agree to be honest. I think that's exactly what's gonna happen and very close to precisely the amount of points I would predict him at. I'd lean more towards mid-60s, but I think he'll be more effective than most think.

That said, I want to tone down my expectations for a lot of guys. It'll be a rough year offensively again presumably, so that's ripple through to Alfie as well - if he's even healthy.

We could be wrong, but if you think of it, pairing up a rookie with a vet to bring him along is, perhaps, something you do when you have a stacked team and you do that on the third line. Perhaps what the Sens need more is not production this year (like, who cares, since they'll be golfing in April) but building chemistry for next season. So load up your top line with Spezza, Alfie and Michalek (that also takes some heat off the 2nd/3rd lines) and let the chips fall where they may. Yes, Im even advocating moving Butler away from Spezza.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson
Filatov - Regin/Zibanejad/DaCosta - Butler
Foligno/Greening - Smith - Condra
Greening/Foligno - Konopka - Neil

I hate putting either Foligno or Greening on the 4th line but someone's gotta go there. And, yes, Winchester isn't in there. Perhaps I should throw him into that dog's breakfast at 2C. I really, really want Zibanejad to make the team, even if that means slotting Winchester or Smith at 2C and starting Zibanejad at 3rd. Zibanejad also plays the wing, though, doesn't he?

If you want to build chemistry for next season, shouldn't you have Filatov and/or Butler on the first line? If we're expecting them to play together, wouldn't the chemistry-building method demand that they play together this year?

140You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who knows next year. Maybe move Michalek to the 2nd line and Butler/Filatov to the top? Or maybe Filatov is not re-signed and Butler stays on the 2nd or is lapped by the Swedes on the depth chart.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

141You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:56 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:I'll make a bold prediction that Alfie will be on the top line and top PP unit, but will play far less PK time. He'll get 28/45/73 in 75 games.

I agree to be honest. I think that's exactly what's gonna happen and very close to precisely the amount of points I would predict him at. I'd lean more towards mid-60s, but I think he'll be more effective than most think.

That said, I want to tone down my expectations for a lot of guys. It'll be a rough year offensively again presumably, so that's ripple through to Alfie as well - if he's even healthy.

We could be wrong, but if you think of it, pairing up a rookie with a vet to bring him along is, perhaps, something you do when you have a stacked team and you do that on the third line. Perhaps what the Sens need more is not production this year (like, who cares, since they'll be golfing in April) but building chemistry for next season. So load up your top line with Spezza, Alfie and Michalek (that also takes some heat off the 2nd/3rd lines) and let the chips fall where they may. Yes, Im even advocating moving Butler away from Spezza.

Michalek - Spezza - Alfredsson
Filatov - Regin/Zibanejad/DaCosta - Butler
Foligno/Greening - Smith - Condra
Greening/Foligno - Konopka - Neil

I hate putting either Foligno or Greening on the 4th line but someone's gotta go there. And, yes, Winchester isn't in there. Perhaps I should throw him into that dog's breakfast at 2C. I really, really want Zibanejad to make the team, even if that means slotting Winchester or Smith at 2C and starting Zibanejad at 3rd. Zibanejad also plays the wing, though, doesn't he?

If you want to build chemistry for next season, shouldn't you have Filatov and/or Butler on the first line? If we're expecting them to play together, wouldn't the chemistry-building method demand that they play together this year?

Yeah, one of them should probably be there... maybe Filatov - Spezza - Alfredsson, or Michalek/Greening - Spezza - Butler?

Not sure anymore, but I'd have a big guy + Filatov/Butler up there personally. However, I'm sure we'll see every single combo soon enough.

142You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:57 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

^ Dammit, that's SD again, not SensGirl.

143You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:^ Dammit, that's SD again, not SensGirl.
You guys need to sort your sessions out...

144You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

Communal laptop, what can we do. Laugh1

145You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Configure two user accounts and enable fast user switching.

146You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:14 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Here's a prediction that may seem bold to some, but I believe will happen. Milan Michalek will lead the Sens in Goals this year.

147You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:37 am

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

you could each use a different browser

148You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

garblar wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

you could each use a different browser

IOW no excuses, anymore. It's against the forum rules to use someone else's account, after all Wink

149You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Silfer Server wrote:Here's a prediction that may seem bold to some, but I believe will happen. Milan Michalek will lead the Sens in Goals this year.
He'll need to play more than 66 games...

150You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
The Silfer Server wrote:Here's a prediction that may seem bold to some, but I believe will happen. Milan Michalek will lead the Sens in Goals this year.
He'll need to play more than 66 games...

He will. He was second on the team last year and probably will be, again (especially if he plays on the top line with Spezza and Alfie. And if he stays healthy while Spezza/Alfredsson have injuries, he could well end up leading the Sens in scoring.

But I don't think that happens.

151You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:40 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:I'm calling Vokoun for the Vez this year. I was just looking at his stats. In 632 NHL games with the Preds and the Panthers, he's 262-267-35-41 with a career .917 SV%. Imagine what his splits'll look like after a season playing in front of a team that's built to score goals. He's gonna be lights out. Barring another "Tim Thomas 2010-11" performance from someone like--oh, I don't know--Tim Thomas, he's gonna walk away with the hardware next off-season.

Book it.

Anyone else have a bold claim about the next award winners? Let's hear it. Cheering

Quick is complicating things.

152You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:52 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

It's not exactly a bold prediction at this point, but Malkin sure looks like he's having a Hart Trophy season. If they stay in playoff position, my money's on him. He's really put that team on his back this year.

153You Call 'em - Page 10 Empty Re: You Call 'em Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:It's not exactly a bold prediction at this point, but Malkin sure looks like he's having a Hart Trophy season. If they stay in playoff position, my money's on him. He's really put that team on his back this year.

Hard to argue with that right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum