GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls

+10
tim1_2
Riprock
rooneypoo
spader
asq2
Ev
wprager
shabbs
NEELY
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Vote_lcap269%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 69% [ 9 ]
POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Vote_lcap223%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Vote_lcap28%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I'm fairly certain Edmonton takes RNH and Florida takes Huberdeau. Colorado makes a choice between Larsson and Landeskog and if they go with Larsson I think it's possible for the Sens to trade up to NJ's spot (if it's true the Devils want Zib) but if the Avs go with Landeskog I think it'd be hard for NJ to pass up the opportunity to take Larsson. In which case Ottawa probably stands pat and chooses between Strome, Couturier, and Zibanejad.

Of course Edmonton could take Larsson or Colorado could take Huberdeau. and what NYI does (Couturier? Strome? Hamilton?) is anyone's guess.

So basically I have no clue what's going to happen. Laugh1

62POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:35 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

asq2 wrote:I'm fairly certain Edmonton takes RNH and Florida takes Huberdeau. Colorado makes a choice between Larsson and Landeskog and if they go with Larsson I think it's possible for the Sens to trade up to NJ's spot (if it's true the Devils want Zib) but if the Avs go with Landeskog I think it'd be hard for NJ to pass up the opportunity to take Larsson. In which case Ottawa probably stands pat and chooses between Strome, Couturier, and Zibanejad.

Of course Edmonton could take Larsson or Colorado could take Huberdeau. and what NYI does (Couturier? Strome? Hamilton?) is anyone's guess.

This post makes more sense than anything ever written.

63POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I'm fairly certain Edmonton takes RNH and Florida takes Huberdeau. Colorado makes a choice between Larsson and Landeskog and if they go with Larsson I think it's possible for the Sens to trade up to NJ's spot (if it's true the Devils want Zib) but if the Avs go with Landeskog I think it'd be hard for NJ to pass up the opportunity to take Larsson. In which case Ottawa probably stands pat and chooses between Strome, Couturier, and Zibanejad.

No on knows what will happen Friday, but this makes the most sense of course.

64POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:40 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

BTW I had a dream a couple nights ago that the Sens went way off-board to draft someone named, um, Jonathan Henderson, while the Leafs managed to trade up to take Adam Larsson. Laugh1 Suspect

65POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:BTW I had a dream a couple nights ago that the Sens went way off-board to draft someone named, um, Jonathan Henderson, while the Leafs managed to trade up to take Adam Larsson. Laugh1 Suspect

Book it!

66POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:52 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

stempniaksen wrote:
asq2 wrote:BTW I had a dream a couple nights ago that the Sens went way off-board to draft someone named, um, Jonathan Henderson, while the Leafs managed to trade up to take Adam Larsson. Laugh1 Suspect

Book it!

A 6'5, 250 lbs Offensive Tackle who runs the 40 in 4.85 seconds?!?!?! We could do a lot worse:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jonathan-Henderson-81621

67POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:That goal NEELY posted was a one-man production. This is not a Stamkos who needs to be set up. This guy caught a puck carrier from behind, showed skill by taking the puck away and doing a 180 before the puck carrier realized he lost the puck, then more skill sliding it in. The goal I posted he used a great move to get around Larsson -- he didn't try to blow through him. And the goal itself -- nice delay there, freezing the goalie and then a quick release.

I think this kid could manufacture offense by himself, and if you put him on with a good passer (center as well as D) he will flourish.

I don't know what kind of passer he is, though.

These are some highlights of young Mr. Fish. A lot of skill involved in some of those plays but he couldn't do it on a regular basis and most of his offence (back in his good days) came from just being around the net.

I'll bet Zib is going to end up with a very similar highlight reels. He'll score some nice goals just as a result of being a big, explosive guy with reasonably nice hands and a big shot. But I don't know if he has the offensive instincts or IQ to be a big-time scorer. I certainly don't think he's going to be an Ovechkin-style sniper. I think his bread and butter at the NHL level is going to be his net-crashing and physical play. BUT he could end up being more productive than Fisher simply as a result of playing on the wing, since he won't be responsible for play-making. Fisher's lack of vision kind of sucked the offensive life out of his line at times.

Take this analysis with a saltshaker, though.

EDIT: So I guess in his best years he'll be producing between 50 and 60 points, depending on the situation. Maybe on a super-stacked team he could put up 70.

But if those numbers seem a little disappointing, remember how huge an impact Fisher used to have on games. Before he started thinking he was a skill guy.

68POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:09 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

strome all the way. He's projected to be a high point getter and is still very young. He really seems like top-end talent. For Ziba, its tough to gauge because I don't like the mike fisher comparisons. You can get someone like that in another spot. Hell Silfverberg sounds like that too. Big body, great two way game, nice hands....?

Really feel at 6th position, we need to nail as much offense as possible. Strome is it.

69POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:strome all the way. He's projected to be a high point getter and is still very young. He really seems like top-end talent. For Ziba, its tough to gauge because I don't like the mike fisher comparisons. You can get someone like that in another spot. Hell Silfverberg sounds like that too. Big body, great two way game, nice hands....?

Really feel at 6th position, we need to nail as much offense as possible. Strome is it.

Mike Fisher on the wing, though. As far as Zibanejad v. Silfverberg, I think Zib will be better offensively and he's also way more physical. But yeah, maybe Strome would be a better pick. I don't know if the worries that he'll be too perimeter-y in the NHL are valid.

By the way, if it hasn't been posted (I had a hard as hell time trying to find it again because it's unlisted), here's the best Zibanejad highlight reel I could find. You have to supply your own music though.

As you can see, he's a ****ing beast out there. His vision looks pretty good too, although I guess it's a best of comp from the SEL so I don't know if his passing is always that inventive. Even Fisher has some nice passing plays (like those two goals against the Leafs this past year).

Zibanejad *could* boom as a prospect but I don't know if it's as likely he'll be a good point producer as it is for some of the other top guys. FWIW I feel like he's more explosive than Landeskog and I can see why a team like NJ picking 4th would still be really interested in him. Although he reminds me a lot of Fisher in the way he stick-handles I guess it's not inconceivable that he could end up like Kesler. He certainly has the body for it; I guess it depends on whether he has the instincts.

The MacLean hiring probably signals an attempt to try to imitate the Wings, but if we were interested in trying the Nashville approach (not being a regular-season power but being a nightmare opponent in the playoffs) having Lehner in goal, Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Wiercioch etc. on the blue-line and guys like Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Condra, Greening etc. up front would go a long way. Maybe take a guy like JT Miller at 21.

Again, I'm just going to trust our scouts.

70POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 5 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well I hope our scouts have seen more of him than 30 second youtbue clips lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum