GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls

+10
tim1_2
Riprock
rooneypoo
spader
asq2
Ev
wprager
shabbs
NEELY
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Vote_lcap269%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 69% [ 9 ]
POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Vote_lcap223%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Farfetched only because you rarely see a team trade down twice.

32POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

I'm just going to trust our scouts.

I will say that most of what I've seen of Zibanejad is not slick goals like that one but a lot of net-crashing. IMO Zib is Mike Fisher pre-"I'm a skill player lol" phase, but on the wing where Fisher always belonged.

He's going to be ****ing hard to play against in the NHL but I don't think he's going to be super-productive although that depends on the situation of the team that drafts him and who he plays with.

I definitely think Strome is more talented but whether all that talent translates to the NHL remains to be seen. He is quite young relative to some of the other prospects.

33POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:46 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Farfetched only because you rarely see a team trade down twice.

It is a bit farfetched, but I think it's a great idea. It would make a lot of sense for them.

34POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:I'm just going to trust our scouts.

I will say that most of what I've seen of Zibanejad is not slick goals like that one but a lot of net-crashing. IMO Zib is Mike Fisher pre-"I'm a skill player lol" phase, but on the wing where Fisher always belonged.

He's going to be ****ing hard to play against in the NHL but I don't think he's going to be super-productive although that depends on the situation of the team that drafts him and who he plays with.

I definitely think Strome is more talented but whether all that talent translates to the NHL remains to be seen. He is quite young relative to some of the other prospects.

That goal NEELY posted was a one-man production. This is not a Stamkos who needs to be set up. This guy caught a puck carrier from behind, showed skill by taking the puck away and doing a 180 before the puck carrier realized he lost the puck, then more skill sliding it in. The goal I posted he used a great move to get around Larsson -- he didn't try to blow through him. And the goal itself -- nice delay there, freezing the goalie and then a quick release.

I think this kid could manufacture offense by himself, and if you put him on with a good passer (center as well as D) he will flourish.

I don't know what kind of passer he is, though.

35POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:34 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Farfetched only because you rarely see a team trade down twice.

It is a bit farfetched, but I think it's a great idea. It would make a lot of sense for them.

If I remember right, the Isles traded down twice 3 years ago or so, when they selected Bailey and TOR got Schenn. It does happen.

EDIT: yeah, there it is. TOR traded their 7th overall + 2nd + 3rd for NYI's 5th overall, and then NYI traded that 7th overall for NSH's 9th overall + 2nd. So, they moved back 4 spots and picked up 2 2nds and 1 3rd in the process. That's probably a pretty good indicator in terms of what it should cost the Sens to move up, say, 2 spots -- a 2nd+. Filatov was still on the board when that trade was made, too.

36POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:22 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, that is pretty good indicator for what the Sens would have to pay to move up 2 spots. Worth it?

37POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Yeah, that is pretty good indicator for what the Sens would have to pay to move up 2 spots. Worth it?

A 2nd + 3rd + 6th overall? Sure, it's a little steep, but I would do it and be done with it if your guy is there at 4.

38POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:29 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's not like we're hurting for draft picks...if moving up means Landeskog over Strome/Zib, then why wouldn't we do it, if the cost is a 2nd and a 3rd?

39POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:It's not like we're hurting for draft picks...if moving up means Landeskog over Strome/Zib, then why wouldn't we do it, if the cost is a 2nd and a 3rd?

It actually sounds likely too. Why wouldn't NJ trade down to 6th, take the 2nd (not ours hopefully) and a 3rd, draft Hamilton, then use those extra 2nd and 3rd rounders to go for organizational depth. In fact, if not NJ, then the Isles, if not the Isles, then Florida. It doesn't hurt too much if you like Strome or Hamilton or Zibanedjad.

40POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:It's not like we're hurting for draft picks...if moving up means Landeskog over Strome/Zib, then why wouldn't we do it, if the cost is a 2nd and a 3rd?

Exactly. I don't think a lot of people truly believe quality is greater than quantity. Yah, I would love to see The Sens stock pile a ton of draft picks but fact remains there are only a handful of guys that will be impact players in The NHL, Landeskog is one of those guys.

Also, if Ottawa does indeed trade a 2nd, they can easily move up in the 2nd round as well if there is a player they like that's still available. They have an extra 3rd to play with next year as well... not to mention the 21st they still have to use.

41POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:55 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

It actually sounds likely too. Why wouldn't NJ trade down to 6th, take the 2nd (not ours hopefully) and a 3rd, draft Hamilton, then use those extra 2nd and 3rd rounders to go for organizational depth. In fact, if not NJ, then the Isles, if not the Isles, then Florida. It doesn't hurt too much if you like Strome or Hamilton or Zibanedjad.

I'm operating under the assumption that we only try to move up if Landeskog is still available. He will need to squeak past COL and FLA for the 'moving up' scenario to even become a possibility, I'd say. And that means, hopefully, that BM will have a potential deal lined up with NJ if, and only if, Landeskog happens to be available at 4th -- and that a trade, if one is made, will happen between picks 3 and 4, and not before. So much depends on what COL and FLA want, and do, really.

42POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Colorado would be insane to pass up on Larsson.

43POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
I'm operating under the assumption that we only try to move up if Landeskog is still available. He will need to squeak past COL and FLA for the 'moving up' scenario to even become a possibility, I'd say. And that means, hopefully, that BM will have a potential deal lined up with NJ if, and only if, Landeskog happens to be available at 4th -- and that a trade, if one is made, will happen between picks 3 and 4, and not before. So much depends on what COL and FLA want, and do, really.

Yeah, this all comes down to RNH, Larsson and Huberdeau going 1-2-3. I can't see it any other way, maybe I'm wrong, but I can't see the Panthers passing on Huberdeau (or Larsson if Colorado passes on him), and I can't see the Avs passing on Huberdeau (an excellent LW to go with Duchene) or Larsson and Edmonton would be crazy not to take Larsson or RNH. Landeskog really shouldn't be in that top 3, so 4 should be the pick where he goes - and if NJ wants Hamilton - and they should IMO - then they move down to 6. The Isles take Couturier, the Devils then take Hamilton and gain 2 extra picks.

I don't see how that scenario doesn't at least make some sense.

44POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

some Avs fan was pissed that TSN took RNH and Zibanejad with the Avs' picks because they don't need centres Laugh1

45POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:37 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm pooping my pants with anticipation.

46POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So why don't the Devils want a forward?

47POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:some Avs fan was pissed that TSN took RNH and Zibanejad with the Avs' picks because they don't need centres Laugh1

My immediate thought was: that just won the Avs a Cup.

48POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:So why don't the Devils want a forward?

They might, but Josefson's the real deal as a 2nd line C and Tedenby is the real deal as a 2nd line W. What they lack is a mobile D-man to QB their PP. That could be Murphy, but they might want a bigger guy who has a similar skill set to Murphy, but with room to grow and fill out his 6'4" frame. I see Hamilton as a perfect fit for the Devils personally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum