GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1

+8
Ev
jawal
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
TheAvatar
sandysensfan
SensHulk
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1

Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Vote_lcap215%Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Vote_rcap2 15% [ 2 ]
Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Vote_lcap285%Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Vote_rcap2 85% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're gonna assume that the "worst case scenario" happens here, meaning:

1.RNH
2.Larsson
3.Huberdeau
4.Couturier
5.Landeskog

Are gone...

These polls will be simple - who would you choose between Prospect A and Prospect B, with the winner moving on to go head to head with the next in line.

PART ONE:

Strome vs Zibajenad

EDIT: Feel free to put in a reason why you chose one over the other.

2Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:43 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Strome is still very young, has played the north american game AND I believe has a higher ceiling than zibanahasapeemapetelan. Plus, there's one thing to have a player raise his stock and another to ballistically claim that he should be in the top 3. This guy came out of nowhere and is being hyped to no tomorrow. No thanks.

3Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:04 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Don't know a lot about these two.. but from what I read.. Strome is the guy.

Don't want to pull the nationality card.... but I think we need to get a little more Cdn. Although, I still love our Swedes.

4Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:12 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not qualified to answer this poll ...

5Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Strome is still very young, has played the north american game AND I believe has a higher ceiling than zibanahasapeemapetelan. Plus, there's one thing to have a player raise his stock and another to ballistically claim that he should be in the top 3. This guy came out of nowhere and is being hyped to no tomorrow. No thanks.

I don't feel quite as strongly about Zibby, but yes, a meteoric rise like this can be a slight warning.

6Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seems that the players in this particular pole are reversed in therms of nationality. Strome plays a very high risk, offensive type game while Zabinejed plays a very solid 2 way, physical game.

I have flip flopped on every player in the draft aside from Landeskog the entire way, so I really have no idea. I think they will go with Strome if given the choice between the two, but Landeskog is still their guy.

7Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Seems that the players in this particular pole are reversed in therms of nationality. Strome plays a very high risk, offensive type game while Zabinejed plays a very solid 2 way, physical game.

I have flip flopped on every player in the draft aside from Landeskog the entire way, so I really have no idea. I think they will go with Strome if given the choice between the two, but Landeskog is still their guy.

Yeah, it's Cussed all of a sudden. I can't answer the poll I don't think, each guy brings a different set of skills. Strome would probably be my choice, but Zibby is a hell of a player by all accounts.

8Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:32 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Seems that the players in this particular pole are reversed in therms of nationality. Strome plays a very high risk, offensive type game while Zabinejed plays a very solid 2 way, physical game.

Didn't I read somewhere that the upside for Lando was a solid 3liner?

9Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:34 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I have never read or heard anyone suggest that.

10Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
Didn't I read somewhere that the upside for Lando was a solid 3liner?

Definitely not. His ceiling is a top line player who scores 30 goals, his low point would be a 20 goal guy who contributes on the PP and PK on the 2nd line.

11Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Strome for me. As for the 3rd liner ceiling for Lando that was one scouts report out of how many scouts out there? I don't put a lot of weight in what was said from one guy.

12Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

Zibby, just because recently the sens took an unknown fast rising swede with their first pick and that worked out well

13Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I have never read or heard anyone suggest that.

This has actually been said, Avatar probably read it from the same thing I did. Edmonton's head scout Stu MacGregor said it.

14Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Strome for me, I don't really like him as a person but he has twitter, and we need a player with twitter.

15Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Empty Re: Ottawa Draft Poll: Part 1 Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

But I don't think he meant UPSIDE I think he meant REALISTIC PROJECTION

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum