GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Alright people. Who do we draft at 19? Do we keep the pick or trade up or down? What are you projections and who would you like to see the Sens target

22019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:04 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

19 is a precarious pick. If somebody like Krebs falls to the 13th or 14th pick, I think the Sens should trade to move up. I think he could very well go 10-12 with 12 being a more likely landing place. Soderstrom is another player I would move up for, as is Newhook.

32019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Im happy staying at 19 but if we can somehow move up 5-7 or more spots without costing too much(a second rounder and maybe some sort of prospect) I’d be down. Those are hard moves in my opinion to pull. Moving up 3-4 spots is easier. It’s all about who remains on the board.

42019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:03 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Dorion is a wheeler and dealer and he has a lot of picks...and a Ceci. I expect him to be active on draft day.

52019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Dorion is a wheeler and dealer and he has a lot of picks...and a Ceci. I expect him to be active on draft day.

He is a wheeler and dealer but hasn’t shown he’s especially good at it.
He overpaid when trading for duchene, there isn’t a reason we needed to include a 2nd rounder in the Brassard trade, that move to move one spot in the draft was completely unnecessary (especially when both Brown and Bean were still on the board), that trade for burrows.... we probably don’t need to revisit the other trades as they will be par at best.

He hasn’t shown me he’s good at anything past drafting. I think it’s because he doesn’t keep his cards close enough to his chest when the time comes. I think GM’s can take advantage of him or he just makes foolish decisions.

62019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ceci is unsigned. Even though he's RFA he becomes unrestricted after next season (I think). They don't have a ton of leverage, especially if they don't plan on keeping him.

72019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If Krebs is available at 13, absolutely Florida should be contacted about their pick. They should have interest in Ceci.

Without trying to guess trades though, I think the Sens will keep in their comfort zone and draft out of the Q again and take Lavoie. He would join his Q leaguemates in Chabot and Batherson. It’s either Lavoie here or Moritz Seider in my opinion.

With the Sens 1st overall pick in the 2nd round, the only name I want to hear called is Albin Grewe. Seeing a future line with Tkachuk and Grewe on the wings and Batherson at C would be crazy. Opposition D would need extra padding for the forecheck of our wings. Grewe is all I want at 32nd overall. If he’s gone, Nicholas Robertson will still make me happy here.

With our Florida 2nd, the Sens will grab Nathan Legare.

There are my guesses. And wish list when it comes to Grewe.

82019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:30 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Unlike last year where there was one guy I wanted at 4, there’s way too many options for me to even try and guess. I like what I hear about Lavoie, Tomasino, Seider, Harley, York, etc

92019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Unlike last year where there was one guy I wanted at 4, there’s way too many options for me to even try and guess. I like what I hear about Lavoie, Tomasino, Seider, Harley, York, etc

Who did you want at 4 last year? Sarcasm

102019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Unlike last year where there was one guy I wanted at 4, there’s way too many options for me to even try and guess. I like what I hear about Lavoie, Tomasino, Seider, Harley, York, etc

Who did you want at 4 last year? Sarcasm

Brady, if Dahlin and Svechnikov didn’t drop

112019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Empty Re: 2019 NHL Draft - Ottawa Senators Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Decent call I guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum