GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls

+10
tim1_2
Riprock
rooneypoo
spader
asq2
Ev
wprager
shabbs
NEELY
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Vote_lcap269%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Vote_rcap2 69% [ 9 ]
POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Vote_lcap223%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Vote_lcap28%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Assuming Landeskog, Couturier, Larsson, RNH and Huberdeau are off the table, who do the Sens take (and why if you wish)?

Strome, Zibanejad, Hamilton

2POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:52 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think Zibanehad is probably a safer pick and could be a better fit in The NHL but like most people I don't know enough or have seen enough about the guy to make a super educated choice. I think he is on par with Landeskog in terms of most intangibles.

3POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If Zib wasn't Swedish, I'd say Strome 100%. But, I think his SEL pedigree and our "Swedish" connection with Alfie, Karlsson, Lehner etc... make for a most tempting choice. I too don't know enough about him, but have heard rave reviews of Strome's mad skills... so, I'll say it's Strome... by a hair.

4POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:37 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

"Zib" has a nice sound to it doesn't it? Yeah...

5POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:38 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:If Zib wasn't Swedish, I'd say Strome 100%. But, I think his SEL pedigree and our "Swedish" connection with Alfie, Karlsson, Lehner etc... make for a most tempting choice. I too don't know enough about him, but have heard rave reviews of Strome's mad skills... so, I'll say it's Strome... by a hair.

Yah but people are starting to talk about Zibanejad's skill level too. He might be a notch below Strome in terms of the high level of skill but it's isn't that big of a notch... add in everything else, I honestly think they go with a guy who has the character, skill, work ethic, and all the intangibles. We'll see on Friday though.

That's an NHL type goal and that was against men.

IMO, the Zibanejad goal is more impressive than that Strome goal.

Last edited by NEELY on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

6POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:If Zib wasn't Swedish, I'd say Strome 100%. But, I think his SEL pedigree and our "Swedish" connection with Alfie, Karlsson, Lehner etc... make for a most tempting choice. I too don't know enough about him, but have heard rave reviews of Strome's mad skills... so, I'll say it's Strome... by a hair.

Yah but people are starting to talk about Zibanejad's skill level too. He might be a notch below Strome in terms of the high level of skill but it's isn't that big of a notch... add in everything else, I honestly think they go with a guy who has the character, skill, work ethic, and all the intangibles. We'll see on Friday though.

Agreed, and we weren't in the interviews so we really can't say either way on those characteristics. Either way, if it boils down to those two, we really can't go too wrong.

7POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Look at the goal I just posted, I'll take that over any Strome youtube clip. The more I read about the guy and the more clips I see the more I like him... getting on par with Landeskog.

Also, the way he slides that puck in after he steals it is a thing of beauty too. NHL hands.

8POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

My top 5 list would look like this

Landeskog
Larsson
RNH
Zibanejad
Hamilton

9POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like that kid a lot, there's a long thread on HF about him that I was reading. Sounds incredible. I'm not sure there's a 'loser' in these three personally. I like them, so either I'm an optimist, or there are three really nice prospects there.

That said, if pushed I'd say Zibanedjad, then Strome/Hamilton toss up, but leaning towards Strome I think.

EDIT: I don't know if I can say Zibanedjad over Strome yet. I need more time before I vote. Ahhhhh!

10POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Look at the goal I just posted, I'll take that over any Strome youtube clip. The more I read about the guy and the more clips I see the more I like him... getting on par with Landeskog.

Also, the way he slides that puck in after he steals it is a thing of beauty too. NHL hands.
A Youtube video does not a player make... shall I post a "sick" Peter Schaefer goal video?

Wink

11POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I like that kid a lot, there's a long thread on HF about him that I was reading. Sounds incredible. I'm not sure there's a 'loser' in these three personally. I like them, so either I'm an optimist, or there are three really nice prospects there.

That said, if pushed I'd say Zibanedjad, then Strome/Hamilton toss up, but leaning towards Strome I think.

EDIT: I don't know if I can say Zibanedjad over Strome yet. I need more time before I vote. Ahhhhh!

Oh I am. Can't stand Couturier.

Either way, I think you have to look at who projects to be a better NHL player and after some reading, watching, and basing my opinion on what I think makes players successful, I'll go with Mika Zibanejad. Like Ev said, Strome is a douche extreme and that does hurt players and in the long run, teams. Look at Philly.

12POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:03 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:Look at the goal I just posted, I'll take that over any Strome youtube clip. The more I read about the guy and the more clips I see the more I like him... getting on par with Landeskog.

A Youtube video does not a player make... shall I post a "sick" Peter Schaefer goal video?

Wink

Highlight reel goals, no they don't. Show me one youtube goal where a 18 year old kid knocks a full grown man off the puck in a 2nd effort to get the puck, make a move on the goalie to get him to bite, and make a slick play to slid it under the goaltender.

The best part of that goal isn't the goal itself, it's how he got the puck to score the goal. The skill level that he shows scoring the goal is impressive no doubt but not what will make him successful. Kids like that only get better.

13POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh, well, hopefully the Sens have some their homework and know what they want. We can only watch it all unfold...

14POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:08 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Heh, well, hopefully the Sens have some their homework and know what they want. We can only watch it all unfold...

Absolutely. If it's one thing The Sens and The Murray's know how to do, it's draft. Both know exactly what they are going to get out of a player. Zibanejad seems more in the Murray mold than Strome does.

15POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here he finishes his check in style:

Here he pulls a disappearing act on Larsson (huh, what? where'd he go?):

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum