GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls

+10
tim1_2
Riprock
rooneypoo
spader
asq2
Ev
wprager
shabbs
NEELY
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls

POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Vote_lcap269%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 69% [ 9 ]
POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Vote_lcap223%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 23% [ 3 ]
POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh, well, hopefully the Sens have some their homework and know what they want. We can only watch it all unfold...

17POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:08 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Heh, well, hopefully the Sens have some their homework and know what they want. We can only watch it all unfold...

Absolutely. If it's one thing The Sens and The Murray's know how to do, it's draft. Both know exactly what they are going to get out of a player. Zibanejad seems more in the Murray mold than Strome does.

18POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Here he finishes his check in style:

Here he pulls a disappearing act on Larsson (huh, what? where'd he go?):

19POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:20 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Prags, you forgot to mention that those plays and hits are against men, not OHL kids. The numbers are not there for Zibanejad for good reason, but every aspect of his game seems to be at a good level or better.

20POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I like that kid a lot, there's a long thread on HF about him that I was reading. Sounds incredible. I'm not sure there's a 'loser' in these three personally. I like them, so either I'm an optimist, or there are three really nice prospects there.

That said, if pushed I'd say Zibanedjad, then Strome/Hamilton toss up, but leaning towards Strome I think.

EDIT: I don't know if I can say Zibanedjad over Strome yet. I need more time before I vote. Ahhhhh!

Oh I am. Can't stand Couturier.

Either way, I think you have to look at who projects to be a better NHL player and after some reading, watching, and basing my opinion on what I think makes players successful, I'll go with Mika Zibanejad. Like Ev said, Strome is a douche extreme and that does hurt players and in the long run, teams. Look at Philly.

If you can't stand Couturier than you shouldn't stand Zibanejad either. Very similar players, with Couturier having the higher offensive upside.

Last edited by Big Ev on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

21POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Prags, you forgot to mention that those plays and hits are against men, not OHL kids. The numbers are not there for Zibanejad for good reason, but every aspect of his game seems to be at a good level or better.

Well to be honest, a lot of SEL d-men are awful for the most part, lol. But yeah those plays are impressive.

Some of those Rundblad highlights I saw earlier in the month were just so awful (the d-men and players defending him that is).

22POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I like that kid a lot, there's a long thread on HF about him that I was reading. So who wants their team to draft Rocco Grimaldi?

http://twitter.com/#!/RGrimaldi23 I like them, so either I'm an optimist, or there are three really nice prospects there.

That said, if pushed I'd say Zibanedjad, then Strome/Hamilton toss up, but leaning towards Strome I think.

EDIT: I don't know if I can say Zibanedjad over Strome yet. I need more time before I vote. Ahhhhh!

There's not. As for Ottawa, I don't see COuturier being available, so they would have to choose between Strome and Zibanajed. I might actually go off the board and pick Murphy, depending on if they think he can develop into a solid even-strength d-man.

23POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I like that kid a lot, there's a long thread on HF about him that I was reading. Sounds incredible. I'm not sure there's a 'loser' in these three personally. I like them, so either I'm an optimist, or there are three really nice prospects there.

Either way, I think you have to look at who projects to be a better NHL player and after some reading, watching, and basing my opinion on what I think makes players successful, I'll go with Mika Zibanejad. Like Ev said, Strome is a douche extreme and that does hurt players and in the long run, teams. Look at Philly.

If you can't stand Couturier than you shouldn't stand Zibanejad either.

I don't think Couturier is as good as his stats project him to be nor do I think he has the intangibles that a couple guys in the top 10 have.

24POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I like that kid a lot, there's a long thread on HF about him that I was reading. So who wants their team to draft Rocco Grimaldi?

http://twitter.com/#!/RGrimaldi23 I like them, so either I'm an optimist, or there are three really nice prospects there.

There's not. As for Ottawa, I don't see COuturier being available, so they would have to choose between Strome and Zibanajed. I might actually go off the board and pick Murphy, depending on if they think he can develop into a solid even-strength d-man.

I think The Islanders snipe Strome in all honesty. Not sure if they would take Landeskog if he was available.

25POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:28 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Prags, you forgot to mention that those plays and hits are against men, not OHL kids. The numbers are not there for Zibanejad for good reason, but every aspect of his game seems to be at a good level or better.

Well to be honest, a lot of SEL d-men are awful for the most part, lol. But yeah those plays are impressive.

Some of those Rundblad highlights I saw earlier in the month were just so awful (the d-men and players defending him that is).

Impressive or not, those are full grown men he is tossing around at 17.

26POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

If you can't stand Couturier than you shouldn't stand Zibanejad either.

I don't think Couturier is as good as his stats project him to be nor do I think he has the intangibles that a couple guys in the top 10 have.

No, not as good as his stats (which are ridiculous), but still a safe bet for Top 5. Can't see the Islanders passing on him, but they could. Bob's rankings are usually good.

He might end up being a steal like Eric Staal, although Staal's skating is better. Very similar in terms of prospects.

27POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and if we're talking intangibles, we can't really talk about Zibanejad in that regard. We have no idea what he's like for the most part. Couturier is a quiet guy who leads by example, Zibanejad seems like the exact same.

and it's hard to evaluate intangibles when they are in fact "intangibles".

Last edited by Big Ev on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

28POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see, a lot can happen and there is a chance Landeskog actually drops to Ottawa if NJ drafts Zibanejad like a lot of people are saying.

29POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still think it's RNH, Larsson, Huberdeau, Landeskog, Couturier, just like Bob's rankings. After that, I don't know.

Farfetched idea, but I think NJ should trade down to 6, and then trade down to 8 or 9. This will mean they get Murphy, Zibanejad, Strome, or Hamilton, and they get more and m roe picks to build a prospect group with.

30POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I still think it's RNH, Larsson, Huberdeau, Landeskog, Couturier, just like Bob's rankings. After that, I don't know.

Farfetched idea, but I think NJ should trade down to 6, and then trade down to 8 or 9. This will mean they get Murphy, Zibanejad, Strome, or Hamilton, and they get more and m roe picks to build a prospect group with.

How is that far fetched at all? That's exactly what they should do. Not saying only trade down with Ottawa but perhaps with Winn. They have nothing in terms of d men or centers in their organization that could be considered top prospects or future top flight guys. They also don't have a 2nd rounder and they will be missing a 1st rounder in one of the next 3 drafts. They need the picks or prospects.

A likely scenario IMO is 4th overall for 6th and Weircoich.

31POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Farfetched only because you rarely see a team trade down twice.

32POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm just going to trust our scouts.

I will say that most of what I've seen of Zibanejad is not slick goals like that one but a lot of net-crashing. IMO Zib is Mike Fisher pre-"I'm a skill player lol" phase, but on the wing where Fisher always belonged.

He's going to be ****ing hard to play against in the NHL but I don't think he's going to be super-productive although that depends on the situation of the team that drafts him and who he plays with.

I definitely think Strome is more talented but whether all that talent translates to the NHL remains to be seen. He is quite young relative to some of the other prospects.

33POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls - Page 2 Empty Re: POLL: (One of the) Final Draft Polls Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:46 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Farfetched only because you rarely see a team trade down twice.

It is a bit farfetched, but I think it's a great idea. It would make a lot of sense for them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum