GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+31
Oglethorpe
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Bramlet07
SensFan71
dennycrane
sandysensfan
22_4_ever
stempniaksen
SDH89
The Silfer Server
asq2
Jordo
SensGirl11
Hoags
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Number Twenty Nine
Riprock
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
wprager
spader
Ev
SensHulk
shabbs
TheAvatar
CockRoche
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Diddle the Islanders. Bush league.

I take it you didn't watch the majority of the game.

I take it the Pens didn't have a guy charge an Islander, leave his feet, concuss him, then punch him while he's down and concussed. Then have a guy skate all the way down to the end of the ice to fight the goalie. Then he stands in the hallway chirping him when he's still on the ice concussed.

AND Matt Martin jumps Talbot which starts all this Dung.

That's BUSH LEAGUE.

Please refer to the game at the start of this month between these two teams to see the history of why the Isles feel the way they do.

Pittsburgh is not innocent in any of this; that is all I am saying.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Regardless of that, the Isles acted like a bunch of children tonight in my eyes. It's exciting - so I guess that's the bottom line, but what an arsehole Martin is, what a hillbilly loser that Haley is. Bunch of dickheads tonight (still amusing to watch though!).

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Tonight's yet another example of how the Pens are too passionate a bunch and how it's costing them. We'd better send them Kovalev quick to lower their compete level.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

CockRoche wrote:As I am flipping through the NHL Center Ice channels to get to the Detroit game, I see the Islanders are winning 6-0 over the Penguins.

Happy days ahead.
What a crazy game. PIM's out the ying yang... teams down to single digit players... hilarious.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:Tonight's yet another example of how the Pens are too passionate a bunch and how it's costing them. We'd better send them Kovalev quick to lower their compete level.

I like the way you're thinking; and it's not like we're too demanding; we'll take a 2nd round pick; no questions asked.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Tonight's yet another example of how the Pens are too passionate a bunch and how it's costing them. We'd better send them Kovalev quick to lower their compete level.

Laugh1 Asq's on fire.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
CockRoche wrote:As I am flipping through the NHL Center Ice channels to get to the Detroit game, I see the Islanders are winning 6-0 over the Penguins.

Happy days ahead.
What a crazy game. PIM's out the ying yang... teams down to single digit players... hilarious.

I ended up watching it from there on out. The 2nd intermission highlights got me caught up on the previous action as well.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

Laugh1 Asq's on fire.

Haha.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 19 Tumblr_lghfokJNWp1qgrj9so1_500

Iron gate + security in between hallways in Long Island.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

This overtime between the Ducks and Flames is amazing.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

And Fowler just scored with about 20 seconds left.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gillies should get 15 games and Martin should get 10. Godard is obviously getting 10 +, Haley might get 5 as well. Crazy stuff.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Imagine if the Devils came all the way back and landed in 8th when the dust settled?

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

If the Islanders pulled that on any different team (besides the Leafs) I'd think it was too much, but since it was the Penguins I won't complain. RocknRoll

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Gillies should get 15 games and Martin should get 10. Godard is obviously getting 10 +, Haley might get 5 as well. Crazy stuff.

I read that there were 351 penalty minutes. That's just crazy. The Isles were the gooniest goons I've seen in a long time. Haley (I think) going after Johnson was nuts. Gilles barking at a prone, clearly injured Tangradi (while he was attended to by the Pens trainer) was terrifying. I kept thinking he was going to step back on the ice and kill the guy.

Ahhhhh! That was wild. All I saw was the video Big Ev posted and I was exhausted. Must have been a crazy game to watch in its entirety.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Hero: Eric Godard. I don't care about coming off the bench, when someone makes a play at your goalie you have to step in (the Emery/Peters fight infuriates me to this day for that reason).

Zero: Mike Haley. The dude is a punk plain and simple and there was a reason he was in the lineup, because he's a disposable piece. This could be blamed more on coaching/management clearly defining his role beforehand, but until proven I've gotta blame the player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow that Isles/Pens game was nuts. Is there any rule they can throw at Haley for skating all the way down and taking on the goalie? Godard is going to get hit hard for leaving the bench, for sure, but what the hell are they supposed to do? They are outnumbered on the ice because Tangradi is out. All the action is at one end and this guy goes all the way across to the other side? Is that not at least an instigator?

I'm really interested in the way this turns out. Surely there's got to be fines to the coaches.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Wow that Isles/Pens game was nuts. Is there any rule they can throw at Haley for skating all the way down and taking on the goalie? Godard is going to get hit hard for leaving the bench, for sure, but what the hell are they supposed to do? They are outnumbered on the ice because Tangradi is out. All the action is at one end and this guy goes all the way across to the other side? Is that not at least an instigator?

I'm really interested in the way this turns out. Surely there's got to be fines to the coaches.
It will be interesting. The rule indicates if you leave the bench to start a fight, it's an automatic 10 game suspension. But they could argue he was leaving the bench to defend his goalie and not actually *start* a fight. Hockeycentral tonight mentioned that last night... we'll see.

It's weak... but if Cooke only got 4 games... anything can happen...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum