GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

+28
Hobiesens
NEELY
22_4_ever
beedub
jawal
Hoags
spader
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Riprock
sandysensfan
PTFlea
CockRoche
Ev
wprager
Oglethorpe
shabbs
asq2
SDH89
SensHulk
SensGirl11
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

2562011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:50 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:Changing of the Guard?
SENSational Changes?

2572011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:25 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I was talking to my buddy who works with the Sens. Apparently Landeskog is the guy they want (big surprise). They consider RNH too small and "not NHL ready".

So nothing really ground-breaking there, but all us Landeskog fans can be happy knowing that he is "the" guy. Now we just need the pick that can land him...don't be surprised to see Ottawa trade up if we need to.

2582011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:33 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:So I was talking to my buddy who works with the Sens. Apparently Landeskog is the guy they want (big surprise). They consider RNH too small and "not NHL ready".

So nothing really ground-breaking there, but all us Landeskog fans can be happy knowing that he is "the" guy. Now we just need the pick that can land him...don't be surprised to see Ottawa trade up if we need to.

Trade up with Colorado...I don't like the thought of that at all if they're in the position to take him. Fresh off the Anderson for Elliott trade, Sherman (if he's still GMing) might want to take advantage to save some face.

2592011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:38 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm sure the Marketing Department is all for it.

Landeskog = Alfie 2.0 etc.

2602011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I'm sure the Marketing Department is all for it.

Landeskog = Alfie 2.0 etc.

Again, no one should get their hopes up for him, we're "falling" away from him by the game.

2612011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Again, no one should get their hopes up for him, we're "falling" away from him by the game.

Nobody should get their hopes up for anything, there's still the lottery which is a few weeks away and we don't know who the other teams want.

I'm confident we will do well. We've scouted well under Murray and he has hasn't been shy to trade up if they feel the player is worth it.

It'd be nice if we win the lottery and move up, after the bad officiating against us I kinda feel the NHL owes us one Laugh1

2622011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:20 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So I was talking to my buddy who works with the Sens. Apparently Landeskog is the guy they want (big surprise). They consider RNH too small and "not NHL ready".

No offense, but I have heard/read this exact same thing from multiple people discussing other players as well. Point being, I don't know who to believe. Not buying anything until the draft. I doubt management is even discussing this with other people who work for the organization.

2632011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We'll never hear confirmation from the Sens on this unless they actually pick Landeskog. Then they'll be safe to say "He's the one we wanted from the very start."

We're sitting in third last, very close to 4th last... we're gonna have to tank a bit more if we want a better shot at getting Landeskog.

2642011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:

No offense, but I have heard/read this exact same thing from multiple people discussing other players as well. Point being, I don't know who to believe. Not buying anything until the draft. I doubt management is even discussing this with other people who work for the organization.

No problem. To all of you, I'm just some internet guy referencing unnamed sources. And it's not like I'm posting anything ground-breaking anyway. Take it for what it's worth.

2652011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/03/29/17791586.html

RNH seems to want to go to Edmonton.

The Red Deer Rebels centre created the two goals to bring his team back from a 1-0 deficit to the Edmonton Oil Kings late to score a 3-1 win before a disappointing crowd of 4,964.

But the real statement he made was verbally after the game.

Nugent-Hopkins came out and said he wants to be drafted by the Edmonton Oilers.

“To be drafted here and be a part of that young team would be incredible,” he said.

“It would be amazing to be an Edmonton Oiler.”

2662011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:07 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

The Sens will not be picking 1st or 2nd.

Say RNH & Landeskog will be gone...

Will the Sens take Larsson? even though they need forwards.

Karlsson-Cowen
Rundblad-Larsson
Phillips-Gonchar

Carkner as 7th D.

Leave Weircoch & Gryba in Bingo to develop and slide in as Phillips & Gonchar leave.

Kuba & Lee are gone.

They can't turn Larsson down...

That is a very young D... but in a re-build you go young.. so let them play.

2672011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:18 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Larsson is a RH I believe:

Phillips-Gonchar
Cowen-Karlsson
Kuba-Rundblad

Gonchar would have to disappear to play him on his correct side. Although I really doubt we'd start 3 rookie D-men next year, we're pushing it with 2.

We really need a top-6 forward, this team will be lucky to score over 2 goals.

2682011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:Larsson is a RH I believe:

Phillips-Gonchar
Cowen-Karlsson
Kuba-Rundblad

Gonchar would have to disappear to play him on his correct side. Although I really doubt we'd start 3 rookie D-men next year, we're pushing it with 2.

We really need a top-6 forward, this team will be lucky to score over 2 goals.
I believe we put 4 in last game...

Wink

2692011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

Wink

There is no way this past stretch of games is indicative of next season. And Atlanta with Chris Mason in goal s hardly anything to be proud of.

Who thought after last year we'd be dead last in Goals For and tanking for a lottery pick ?

2702011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:28 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

There is no way this past stretch of games is indicative of next season. And Atlanta with Chris Mason in goal s hardly anything to be proud of.

Who thought after last year we'd be dead last in Goals For and tanking for a lottery pick ?
True... but I'm proud of the team dammit!!!!

:crossarms:

2712011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
True... but I'm proud of the team!!!!

I am too I just think we have a ways to go still.

Don't want to get excited until I see the final roster for next season.

2722011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

Don't want to get excited until I see the final roster for next season at least.

2732011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 18 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Don't want to get excited until I see the final roster for next season at least.
The entire Sens Nation awaits...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum