GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch

+28
Hobiesens
NEELY
22_4_ever
beedub
jawal
Hoags
spader
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Riprock
sandysensfan
PTFlea
CockRoche
Ev
wprager
Oglethorpe
shabbs
asq2
SDH89
SensHulk
SensGirl11
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

2712011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:29 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
True... but I'm proud of the team!!!!

I am too I just think we have a ways to go still.

Don't want to get excited until I see the final roster for next season.

2722011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

Don't want to get excited until I see the final roster for next season at least.

2732011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:35 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Don't want to get excited until I see the final roster for next season at least.
The entire Sens Nation awaits...

2742011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:So I was talking to my buddy who works with the Sens. Apparently Landeskog is the guy they want (big surprise). They consider RNH too small and "not NHL ready".

So nothing really ground-breaking there, but all us Landeskog fans can be happy knowing that he is "the" guy. Now we just need the pick that can land him...don't be surprised to see Ottawa trade up if we need to.

Their final list isn't made yet according to Tim Murray (which is normal at this time of the year), thanks for the insight but if not even them know who is N1 on their list, I don't think your friend does 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 54934

2752011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Check RNH on the 2nd Red Deer goal from last night (0:50):

http://www.whl.ca/video/index/id/9d7888e77a38d6eeff1dcba4f858de15

He's going 1st overall, no matter who picks, book it.

2762011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:52 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Was Sgarbossa elligible for the draft last year?

I wonder how could the Sharks just sign him...

2772011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:43 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With the Senators guaranteed a top 5 pick, and also almost guaranteed a forward with that pick, I thought I'd review the forwards taken in the top 5 in the past few years:

2010 - Hall, Seguin, Johansen (tearing it up in the WHL, good world jr's performance), Niederreiter
2009 - Tavares, Duchene, Evander Kane, Brayden Schenn
2008 - Stamkos (next forward taken was Filatov at #6)
2007 - Kane, Van Riemsdyk, Turris (of note in 2007, Toronto traded their 1st, 2nd, and 4th picks to SJ for Toskala and Mark Bell - LOL)
2006 - Jordan Staal, Toews, Backstrom, Kessel

Looking at the above list, maybe the only guy that is (so far) a disappointment is Turris (24 pts in 62 games this year). And maybe Pittsburgh wishes they had taken Toews instead of Staal, but Staal is still a good player. Anyway, needless to say, our top 5 pick should land us a fantastic forward.

Of note, there's not really any recent precedence for teams within the top 5 trading to get an even higher pick. Not to say Ottawa won't be able to do that, but the asking price could be wonky, as there's no previously established value. Would you trade both our first rounders to move up a couple spots? What if that meant the difference between Landeskog and Couturier? Or Nugent-Hopkins and Strome? Hard to say. A more likely asking price is our first and second rounder to move up a couple spots. Would you do that? I would…if it meant Landeskog.

Anyway, a lot can happen between now and the draft, but I think we're pretty in pretty good shape regardless!!

2782011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:So I was talking to my buddy who works with the Sens. Apparently Landeskog is the guy they want (big surprise). They consider RNH too small and "not NHL ready".

So nothing really ground-breaking there, but all us Landeskog fans can be happy knowing that he is "the" guy. Now we just need the pick that can land him...don't be surprised to see Ottawa trade up if we need to.

Their final list isn't made yet according to Tim Murray (which is normal at this time of the year), thanks for the insight but if not even them know who is N1 on their list, I don't think your friend does 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 54934

Yep, Tim Murray said that on the radio. . . . . . .

When was the last time you heard a team publicly discuss their list before the draft?

2792011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:52 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

If the Sens scouts feel one of the top 5 is worth more than the others, they'll trade up although I imagine the price will be high (in the unlikely event a team above us is interested in trading down). It'll depend on who they think they can get with Nashville's pick.

2802011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:19 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

Not to be too picky but we may not be picking in top 5, we could be drafting at 6th

2812011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:26 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

jawal wrote:Not to be too picky but we may not be picking in top 5, we could be drafting at 6th

We will finish in the top 5 -- NJ would be 6th with 77 pts. Ottawa only has 3 games left.. so they can't catch them.

Question is.. if they determine Landeskog will go 3rd to maybe Florida, Islanders (as Colorado & Edmonton will not be moving up).. what/who do they try to trade with our 1st pick to move up to get him?

2822011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We're finishing 3rd, don't worry.

2832011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:40 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

sandysensfan wrote:
jawal wrote:Not to be too picky but we may not be picking in top 5, we could be drafting at 6th

We will finish in the top 5 -- NJ would be 6th with 77 pts. Ottawa only has 3 games left.. so they can't catch them.

Question is.. if they determine Landeskog will go 3rd to maybe Florida, Islanders (as Colorado & Edmonton will not be moving up).. what/who do thIey try to trade with our 1st pick to move up to get him?
Everything you said is true. We will finish in top 5. But in the lottery any team finishing 6th to 9th can have their "ball" selected before ours and we would drop to sixth.

2842011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jawal wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Question is.. if they determine Landeskog will go 3rd to maybe Florida, Islanders (as Colorado & Edmonton will not be moving up).. what/who do thIey try to trade with our 1st pick to move up to get him?
Everything you said is true. We will finish in top 5. But in the lottery any team finishing 6th to 9th can have their "ball" selected before ours and we would drop to sixth.

They would have to win the lottery for that to happen. Unlikely.

2852011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:52 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:
jawal wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Yeah I agree, unlikely. The probability that 6 to 9 th place team is drawn first is 17.2% or about 1 in 6.

I hoping for a top 3 finish( go Islanders, go Panthers)

2862011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:54 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:
jawal wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

1995 and 1999 both say hello...

2872011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:55 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:We're finishing 3rd, don't worry.

I don't know how anyone can feel at all confident about that one right now. If anything, 4th looks most likely at the moment. I don't think we'll pass NYI, but getting below FLA will be a tall order.

2882011 NHL Entry Draft Watch - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 NHL Entry Draft Watch Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:We're finishing 3rd, don't worry.

I don't know how anyone can feel at all confident about that one right now. If anything, 4th looks most likely at the moment. I don't think we'll pass NYI, but getting below FLA will be a tall order.
4 place + lottery win.... dare to dream.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum