GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Edmonton Oilers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 29, 2010

+16
LeCaptain
Ev
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
Bramlet07
PTFlea
SensGirl11
spader
Oglethorpe
stempniaksen
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
dennycrane
SensHulk
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Edmonton @ Ottawa, Nov 29, 2010

GAME DAY: Edmonton Oilers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 29, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: Edmonton Oilers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 29, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Edmonton Oilers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 29, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Edmonton Oilers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 29, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Edmonton Oilers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 29, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap260%GAME DAY: Edmonton Oilers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 29, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:What I'm trying to say is that the Montreal management and a lot of the fans didn't like what the GM was doing and so the GM gets fired and there's a coaching change but no real player movement. Was that all that was needed to get the team going or does it show that it was an unnecessary move?
Bob wasn't fired. He stepped aside on his own and remained in a consultant role.

Great. Sorry I got that detail wrong. Do you want to comment on the rest of what I said now or is that a sign of agreement with my point?
The habs overhauled their roster two summers ago, making about 10 changes including most of their top 6 including the captain and brought in a new coaching staff. They started the year slowly (half the team was new), then they went on a playoff run which many considered lucky and based all on goaltending. They have now started this season among the best teams in the east. In retrospect the overhaul worked and it just took time for the team to gel. IMO the GM change is irrelevant, it's the massive changes HE made before stepping aside that changed the fortunes of the franchise. Almost the same amount of turnover that happened in Philly during their turnaround.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:What a fiasco! Time to blow this Dung up!!!

Blowed up real good?

GAME DAY: Edmonton Oilers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - MON. Nov. 29, 2010 - Page 10 Sctv-011

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:What I'm trying to say is that the Montreal management and a lot of the fans didn't like what the GM was doing and so the GM gets fired and there's a coaching change but no real player movement. Was that all that was needed to get the team going or does it show that it was an unnecessary move?
Bob wasn't fired. He stepped aside on his own and remained in a consultant role.

Great. Sorry I got that detail wrong. Do you want to comment on the rest of what I said now or is that a sign of agreement with my point?
The habs overhauled their roster two summers ago, making about 10 changes including most of their top 6 including the captain and brought in a new coaching staff. They started the year slowly (half the team was new), then they went on a playoff run which many considered lucky and based all on goaltending. They have now started this season among the best teams in the east. In retrospect the overhaul worked and it just took time for the team to gel. IMO the GM change is irrelevant, it's the massive changes HE made before stepping aside that changed the fortunes of the franchise. Almost the same amount of turnover that happened in Philly during their turnaround.

Exactly my point. Someone suggested that changing the coach and GM made a world of difference for Montreal and I was trying to say the same thing. They did change the coach and GM but the team remained the same. I don't think the same sort of turn around could be expected out of Ottawa just by changing the coach and GM.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Oglethorpe wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

what this shows is that it can be done without 3 years of excuses.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

Exactly my point. Someone suggested that changing the coach and GM made a world of difference for Montreal and I was trying to say the same thing. They did change the coach and GM but the team remained the same. I don't think the same sort of turn around could be expected out of Ottawa just by changing the coach and GM.

and why not? I think Ottawa did pretty well under Martin. Not saying that Martin is the answer - btw

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd love to see some bold moves made to get this team rolling. Bring a guy up like Butler and put him in the top six. Make a high risk and high reward trade.

- Unknown Author

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'd love to see some bold moves made to get this team rolling. Bring a guy up like Butler and put him in the top six. Make a high risk and high reward trade.
I am okay with Butler feeling out the pro game in Bingo for awhile longer, but I think a roster overhaul is needed.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I'm back from the game - and Burns' funeral - and it was terrible game.

Onto the topic of atmosphere in the rink, to be perfectly honest, during two of the eulogies; I swear the laughter was louder at the funeral than the cheering of the Sens game. Something is not right there.

Question: Why is it that the second you pound on the Scotiabank glass in either jubilation or disgust, you have 3 security gaurds beside you within the minute telling you not to do that? That sort of set the tone in the rink that this is not the place to have a good time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You went to Burns' funeral?

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Yes.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:What a fiasco! Time to blow this Dung up!!!

yeah except this time, it is a fiasco. For the rest of the comment....maybe? Eyebrow

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

CockRoche wrote:I'm back from the game - and Burns' funeral - and it was terrible game.

Onto the topic of atmosphere in the rink, to be perfectly honest, during two of the eulogies; I swear the laughter was louder at the funeral than the cheering of the Sens game. Something is not right there.

Question: Why is it that the second you pound on the Scotiabank glass in either jubilation or disgust, you have 3 security gaurds beside you within the minute telling you not to do that? That sort of set the tone in the rink that this is not the place to have a good time.

Can you believe it, someone broke into Line Burns' (his widow) car shortly after the funeral, taking about 30 autographed jerseys from Pat's personal collection.

B.L., turn up the burners.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
CockRoche wrote:I'm back from the game - and Burns' funeral - and it was terrible game.

Can you believe it, someone broke into Line Burns' (his widow) car shortly after the funeral, taking about 30 autographed jerseys from Pat's personal collection.

B.L., turn up the burners.

Made me sick when I heard that. I actually wish I would have seen the break-in; it would not have been pretty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum