GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Edmonton Oilers - 2:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 12, 2011

+11
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
SensHulk
spader
Riprock
PTFlea
Straight Shooter
shabbs
rooneypoo
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Edmonton Oilers - 2:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 12, 2011

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Edmonton Oilers - 2:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 12, 2011 LargeGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Edmonton Oilers - 2:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 12, 2011 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Edmonton Oilers - 2:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 12, 2011 Large

"The battle for the bottom..."

The Ottawa Senators (17-30-8, 42 pts) visit the Edmonton Oilers (16-30-8, 40 pts) this afternoon.

Game Coverage:

TV: CBC
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: http://twitter.com/#!/search/senators%20oilers
    Also check ATDHEnet.tv and JUSTIN.tv

Latest updates:
Crowd favorite Mike Fisher was traded to Nashville for a 1st round pick, and a conditional pick, signaling the start of a full-out rebuild. The only thing to debate
is whether Melnyk will keep his money to himself while rookies, prospects and picks gradually fill the roster, eventually making the team competitive, or
if he's going to use all that cap space to bring in free agents and try to make the playoffs next season. With Alfredsson out indefinitely with a back injury,
my gut tells me he's resting, trying to get healthy and strong for one final kick at the can next season.

I was writing this using my last GDT -- the Devils game 10 days ago. Since that game the Sens have lost 5 games in regulartion -- I only had to change the loss
column and left the wins and points unchanged. Because the Sens have played one more game than the Oilers, if they lose in regulation they will officially be
sitting in last place in the lague (tied for points with Edmonton). I wonder how many of these players have ever had to face this situation at any point in their
careers -- at any competitive level. Although Tank Nation may not want this, I expect the players to fight tooth and nail to stay off the floor. In the end, though,
as badly as Alfie and Fish have played this year, that's still 1/3 of your top-six out. The Sens are a bad team that have just gotten worse. Let's hope for
a barn burner, but don't be too disappointed if we get a little closer that 1st overall.

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Edmonton

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

Daniel Alfredsson (2/8, lower back) out indefinitely
    Jesse Winchester (2/8, knee) at least one week
    Pascal Leclaire (12/17, lower body) on injured reserve

Edmonton Oilers Key Injuries:

Gilbert Brule (1/7, bruised abdomen/ankle) on injured reserve
    Ryan Whitney (12/29, right ankle surgery) remainder of season

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

With a loss tonight, we move into a tie for last place, points-wise, and actual last place because EDM has a game in hand on us.

That is a 'must lose' game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:With a loss* tonight, we move into a tie for last place, points-wise, and actual last place because EDM has a game in hand on us.

That is a 'must lose' game.
* Regulation loss...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

2pm start? What?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:2pm start? What?

Hockey Day in Canada, biotches!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:2pm start? What?

Hockey Day in Canada, biotches!!!!
Awwwww yeah! Totally forgot.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hockeydayincanada/

Sens @ Oilers - 2pm
Leafs @ Habs - 7pm
Flames @ Canucks - 10pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston: Brian Elliott starts in goal for the Senators this afternoon. Carkner (lower body) will not play today.

Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter
Rookie
Rookie

Is everybody ready for 12 hours of hockey? Hockey day in Canada starts now! Grab your beverage of choice, sit back and enjoy!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Bulin Wall goes for Edmonton... we have a clash of 13-game losing streaks on the line tonight... something's gotta give...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Clouston: Brian Elliott starts in goal for the Senators this afternoon. Carkner (lower body) will not play today.

Yay! Lucky 14?

Sophomore
Sophomore

is phillips playing or is he a healthy scratch.....................

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

111519 wrote:is phillips playing or is he a healthy scratch.....................
Playing.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This cannot be in HD... this is awful picture lol.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Butler scores his 1st career goal!!!

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Edmonton Oilers - 2:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 12, 2011 373728 GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Edmonton Oilers - 2:00pm ET - SAT. Feb. 12, 2011 388273

Congrats BB16!!!! What a beauty too!!!! (The goal Razz)

Last edited by Dash on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Butler scores his 1st career goal!!!
Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks Fireworks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum