GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th

+22
cash
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
PKC
Urkie
Bramlet07
asq2
Ev
stempniaksen
Hockeyhero22000
sens4win
Flo The Action
CockRoche
spader
The Silfer Server
wprager
PTFlea
SDH89
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Dallas @ Ottawa, Nov. 24, 2010

GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 10 Vote_lcap240%GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 10 Vote_lcap240%GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 10 Vote_lcap220%GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:Capgeek is wrong. He signed a one way deal.

Most def. You can't even make that much money in the minors on a two-way deal. The cap ceiling for the two-way component of the two-way deal is something like $150K or $200K. Players on one-way deals play in the minors at the full price tag, but if you've got a two-way deal, then the two-way part of the contract has to be under $200K, I believe.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

Most def. You can't even make that much money in the minors on a two-way deal. The cap ceiling for the two-way component of the two-way deal is something like $150K or $200K. Players on one-way deals play in the minors at the full price tag, but if you've got a two-way deal, then the two-way part of the contract has to be under $200K, I believe.

The number that capgeek supplies, that I quoted was $62500. You definitely can make that kind of money in the minors.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
cash wrote:(yeah yeah.. "if you don't like it don't come here." Cuss. "the most intellligent hockey discussion on the web"? It's just a regular forum. Get over yourselves).

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with that comment? It's me that came up with that tag line. Should I change it to - GMHockey - Just a regular Forum?

Seriously that kind of comment doesn't endear you to anyone and is really unnecessary.

Someone calling him a "Cussing idiot", however, is perfectly sensible and acceptable and necessary? Hold everyone to the same standard, not just the ones who say things you don't like or disagree with.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
cash wrote:(yeah yeah.. "if you don't like it don't come here." Cuss. "the most intellligent hockey discussion on the web"? It's just a regular forum. Get over yourselves).

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with that comment? It's me that came up with that tag line. Should I change it to - GMHockey - Just a regular Forum?

Seriously that kind of comment doesn't endear you to anyone and is really unnecessary.

Someone calling him a "Cussing idiot", however, is perfectly sensible and acceptable and necessary? Hold everyone to the same standard, not just the ones who say things you don't like or disagree with.

Not that it's any of your business but that situation has been addressed.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

The number that capgeek supplies, that I quoted was $62500. You definitely can make that kind of money in the minors.

Oops, I saw an extra zero there.

In any event, Foligno's is definitely a one-way deal. And it says so on CapGeek:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=23

The colour of his name (all blue) indicates that.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ya, I thought perhaps the colour was the error, not the fact that it lists an AHL salary that is in line with other AHL salaries.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Sure it is. I'm a member taking part in a conversation, and I see someone making a point along the lines of what I'm thinking, and he gets called a Cussing idiot for it. If that's me making that comment, I'd be reading 10 different posts beating me up for it. This one passed by without comment until I stepped in. So, yeah, your members deserve to know that that kind of crap is addressed.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Ya, I thought perhaps the colour was the error, not the fact that it lists an AHL salary that is in line with other AHL salaries.

Oh, I see:

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=412

You were just looking at the wrong year. The $62,500 is what he would have earned in the AHL on his ELC (2007-08 -- 2009-10).

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Sure it is. I'm a member taking part in a conversation, and I see someone making a point along the lines of what I'm thinking, and he gets called a Cussing idiot for it. If that's me making that comment, I'd be reading 10 different posts beating me up for it. This one passed by without comment until I stepped in. So, yeah, your members deserve to know that that kind of crap is addressed.

I addressed it and it was dealt with before I had any knowledge of you stepping in but thanks for sticking up for cash. It probably should have been dealt with in a more timely manner of course.

I have never discussed the actions taken in these types of situations and will continue with that. Should the person in question wish to discuss it that is up to them.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The offending posts seem to have been deleted and that is standard practice.

- Unknown Author

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

IIRC he apologized for that portion of his rant.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out. Disregard my comment Cash.

- Unknown Author

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:Ya, I thought perhaps the colour was the error, not the fact that it lists an AHL salary that is in line with other AHL salaries.

Oh, I see:

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=412

You were just looking at the wrong year. The $62,500 is what he would have earned in the AHL on his ELC (2007-08 -- 2009-10).

Sure was! Facepalm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Whoever says that you can't make more than $200,000 on a two-way contract in the AHL, better check their facts. I will leave it at that and be happy I can't see most of his posts unless quoted by others.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out. Disregard my comment Cash.

No problem. I was just trying to defuse some of the tension. I remember seeing an apology for that part of his post, but can't find it now.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:

Whoever says that you can't make more than $200,000 on a two-way contract in the AHL, better check their facts. I will leave it at that and be happy I can't see most of his posts unless quoted by others.

There is most definitely a ceiling in terms of what a player on an ELC deal can make in the AHL. Try reading what I write before getting all "I know the CBA like the back of my hand", Notch. This is stuff I know as well as anybody.

9.4 Minor League Compensation. Each SPC entered into with a Rookie in the
Entry Level System shall automatically be deemed to be a "two way" SPC with a minor league salary equal to the Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary set forth in such SPC or, if no minor league salary is set forth, the greater of (i) $35,000 (Native Currency) and (ii) the minimum minor league salary provided for Players in the Minors; provided, however, in no event may such an SPC provide for minor league compensation, including any bonuses for games played, greater than the amount indicated on the following chart:
Draft Year Maximum Minor League
Compensation (Native Currency)
2005 $ 62,500
2006 $ 62,500
2007 $ 65,000
2008 $ 65,000
2009 $ 67,500
2010 $ 67,500
2011 $ 70,000
A Group 1 Player may not contract for or receive any bonuses for minor league service other than a games played bonus. If the NHLPA elects its right to extend this Agreement to 2012, as set forth in Article 3, the maximum minor league compensation in 2012 shall be $70,000 (Native Currency). The maximum compensation payable to a Group 1 Player who is playing in the Major Juniors shall be $10,500 per League Year.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

CockRoche wrote:
cash wrote:
PKC wrote:I'm so Cussing disgusted with this team today, it's incredible. I'm starting to consider giving up on the season, not because of the last couple of days but because of the overwhelming evidence that this team just isn't good enough to compete for a playoff spot in the Eastern conference.

yep sure is overwhelming...they only beat a two top 5 teams in the past week and a half...pitiful. They only just dealt with real life tragedy...disgusting effort.

Some of you guys have the uber-fan lack of perspective that makes it unbearable to be on internet forums. (yeah yeah.. "if you don't like it don't come here." Cuss. "the most intellligent hockey discussion on the web"? It's just a regular forum. Get over yourselves).

Try acknowledging that these people (including players, trainers, coaches and GMs) do things that you can't. And then acknowledge that your envy clouds your perspective to the point that you feel the right to criticize every move, without giving any relevance to the multitude of variables that each of them has to consider before taking action.

Ah Cuss it. Rant over. I already know the Dung response this will yield... Shrug adios TipHat

I'm glad I logged in today and found this. Always in the back of my mind when I post some opinions, but I never have the balls to come out and directly say it. I'm sure some people have read between the lines with some of my posts, but still.

This is a perfect post.

I'm sure the same certain people will continue to support their opinion by saying, well I watch more hockey than you though and hide behind fancy words. You know who you are, my advice, play hockey once or twice.

It's pretty far from a perfect post. It was senseless, misdirected anger. I knew what type of response it would yield and I posted it anyways (I even mention the response at the end of the post Facepalm ).

I definitely believe that there's far too little appreciation for the human aspect of hockey and that this site, like any other, and those who post here can suffer from a lack of perspective. All too often, the super fan expects perfection from their teams players and doesn't allow for mistakes, overexaggerating the faults of individual players, coaches, etc. It happens to me too and it's unfortunate when I don't appreciate that these guys are (for the most part) trying their best. They deserve a little slack, especially considering the very simple fact that we cannot do what they do.

As for recent issues, the lack of goal production is frustrating; but just a couple weeks ago, Tampa went through the same thing, scoring 13 goals in 7 games and losing 6 of those 7... sound familiar? And losing streaks happen to every team, but good teams can streak 4, 5, 10(!) together and we know that the Sens have that in them. It's a matter of time (IMO) before they end up in the top half (i.e. 5-6-7) and I still have faith in their ability to beat the best teams (evidence of that ability can be seen as recently as two weeks ago and earlier this week).

Only one team wins the Cup every year and I think the belief that your team will be the one (which is part of being a fan) drives super fans to the point where they can't accept that their team just isn't at that level. Our team, currently, doesn't look like it has that potential. Like the majority of teams, they'll have to prove it for people outside their fan base to believe it.

Anyways, apologies again for the unnecessary garbage last night and I hope to avoid similar trashy comments in the future.

(p.s. I actually thought of that, Cap'N, when I was posting my reply last night: "What do you expect them to have as a tag line?" Like I said, though...senseless and misdirected. Sorry.)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't demand perfection, I demand that they play like they give a Dung.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum