GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th

+22
cash
Number Twenty Nine
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
PKC
Urkie
Bramlet07
asq2
Ev
stempniaksen
Hockeyhero22000
sens4win
Flo The Action
CockRoche
spader
The Silfer Server
wprager
PTFlea
SDH89
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Dallas @ Ottawa, Nov. 24, 2010

GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 12 Vote_lcap240%GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 12 Vote_lcap240%GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 12 Vote_lcap220%GDT:  Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators 7:30PM ET - Wednesday Nov. 24th - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Whoever says that you can't make more than $200,000 on a two-way contract in the AHL, better check their facts. I will leave it at that and be happy I can't see most of his posts unless quoted by others.

There is most definitely a ceiling in terms of what a player on an ELC deal can make in the AHL. Try reading what I write before getting all "I know the CBA like the back of my hand", Notch. This is stuff I know as well as anybody.

9.4 Minor League Compensation. Each SPC entered into with a Rookie in the
Entry Level System shall automatically be deemed to be a "two way" SPC with a minor league salary equal to the Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary set forth in such SPC or, if no minor league salary is set forth, the greater of (i) $35,000 (Native Currency) and (ii) the minimum minor league salary provided for Players in the Minors; provided, however, in no event may such an SPC provide for minor league compensation, including any bonuses for games played, greater than the amount indicated on the following chart:
Draft Year Maximum Minor League
Compensation (Native Currency)
2005 $ 62,500
2006 $ 62,500
2007 $ 65,000
2008 $ 65,000
2009 $ 67,500
2010 $ 67,500
2011 $ 70,000
A Group 1 Player may not contract for or receive any bonuses for minor league service other than a games played bonus. If the NHLPA elects its right to extend this Agreement to 2012, as set forth in Article 3, the maximum minor league compensation in 2012 shall be $70,000 (Native Currency). The maximum compensation payable to a Group 1 Player who is playing in the Major Juniors shall be $10,500 per League Year.

Thanks to the 2 people that left me Private Messages and alerted me to this message.

Rooneypoo, thanks for posting the ELC two-way contract. Too bad I never mentioned ELC's and nobody else did either. We weren't talking about 2-way entry-level contracts, not even close. Foligno was the contract we were talking about, is he on an entr-level contract? Read the post you yourself quoted of mine. I clearly stated that if you think that players can't make more than $200,000in the AHL on a two-way, you better check your facts.

Don't put words in my mouth to try and prove me wrong. You're insecurites are showing.

You asked me awhile ago not to respond to your posts - back to the insecurity thing - so I did you the honour of blocking you. Now, I ask you the same courtesy.

Thanks again to my 2 friends that sent me a PM and had my back. Don't be afraid to stand up to Rooneypoo, he just thinks he is always right.

I'm not allowed to respond to this public ripping, apparently, because then I would be publicly ripping someone and that would be wrong. You see the logic. Thus and so.

squirrel Monkey Leftie

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cool, the monkey in the middle is getting a golden shower.

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:I expect that crap on HF. Not here.

It goes hand in hand with being passionate fans at times. At HF they do it all the time - I've started to ween myself off that place completely and stay here all the time - although there are times when no one's on and I have to rant at someone, or just chat.

A lot of people here have been amazingly patient, but there comes a time Shabbs....where it becomes hard to be so patient. But yes, all the talk of trading and firing is a little much - and I'm a culprit for sure - still though, there has to be a few changes IMO. The culture of this team needs to change. It started with Erik Karlsson being drafted and being placed in the lineup, but now certain other parts of the Sens need to be looked at. Ideally a shutdown D-man and a sniping winger and possibly even a 1A goalie.

I've always really liked your contributions Shabbs, but when you're not around for long stretches, you miss a lot of the excitement on prospects, on wins - you basically miss the good times and come and see the bad after one of the most horrible last two weeks in the last few years for the Sens.

Forget a 1A goalie. We need a clear number one goalie, and a clear number two goalie.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Vokoun and Mike Brodeur.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Cool, the monkey in the middle is getting a golden shower.

There's actually some pretty neat symbolism going on there in that complicated piece. It's basically Hogarth, but on a smaller scale.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

It goes hand in hand with being passionate fans at times. At HF they do it all the time - I've started to ween myself off that place completely and stay here all the time - although there are times when no one's on and I have to rant at someone, or just chat.

A lot of people here have been amazingly patient, but there comes a time Shabbs....where it becomes hard to be so patient. But yes, all the talk of trading and firing is a little much - and I'm a culprit for sure - still though, there has to be a few changes IMO. The culture of this team needs to change. It started with Erik Karlsson being drafted and being placed in the lineup, but now certain other parts of the Sens need to be looked at. Ideally a shutdown D-man and a sniping winger and possibly even a 1A goalie.

I've always really liked your contributions Shabbs, but when you're not around for long stretches, you miss a lot of the excitement on prospects, on wins - you basically miss the good times and come and see the bad after one of the most horrible last two weeks in the last few years for the Sens.

Forget a 1A goalie. We need a clear number one goalie, and a clear number two goalie.

Why's that again? It's not like goaltending has been the problem lately, or even this year. Is Leclaire supposed to go QB the PP now too? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We need Leclaire to grab the puck and carry it up the ice on a clear breakaway, then get tripped and score on the penalty shot.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Sheriff Shabbs is back in town Smile
Heh. Not quite. I get the frustration. I'm frustrated too. I guess what bugs me is talk like "Murray won't make it through the season" or "I'm done with Phillips" or "these players don't give a crap" and what not other rubbish... I'm not sure what people are expecting Murray to do... pull off a massive trade to fix all our issues immediately? Almost impossible to do these days. And come on, Ottawa's not exactly a huge attraction for free agents. Murray's been building from the back end out... we're pretty shallow with forward prospects so it's no surprise we're struggling to score. I thought our D would be better, but it's been very inconsistent. I'm still hopeful it will sort itself out. As for our forwards, that's a whole different mess... 44 shots against Pitt and we only managed to get one by MAF? Nice to see a ton of shots after the team has been putting up less than 20 per game... but we gotta get them in the net. Clouston's gotta get more out of these guys soon, that's for sure. Hopefully it starts tonight. Leafs got beat up and embarrassed last night in Buffalo. They'll be hungry for a win, you can count on that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Cool, the monkey in the middle is getting a golden shower.

Laughing3

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know why people are so annoyed that some fans have seen and believe that Chris Phillips is on the decline.

It's been like this since.... over a season and a half or so. He's not the same player he was 2+ years ago, and despite maybe a few games of playing well, he's consistently been bad for the majority of the past season plus.

Stop with living in the past and brining his philanthropy into the equation. Yeah we know that all you need to be is a good character to get a contract in Ottawa, that is obvious, but I think I care a little more about the play on the ice. You want a team that wins humanitarian awards or championships?

His play has not warranted an extension. And anything at, near or more than what he is currently making is a huge risk. I do not want another burden of a contract because he is a nice guy. He's either in a season long slump or he's not the player he used to be.... which is it?

For the money that people are throwing at him, I can think of many other players I would rather have or things I would use that money for.

This team needs an overhaul, bad. The wrong players have been moved, the team that has been assembled is not working, and the coach is just rolling dice now it seems.

Blame Heatley all you want, but he was the one offered the contract he signed. And Murray panicked and got robbed on the deal.

I would rather the team took on a new direction altogether and went with a young, fresh team and play exciting hockey and lose, than stay the same and miss the playoffs with an old, unmotivated team.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Actually the deals Heatley and Spezza signed were en-vogue at the gime....

It wasn't robbery so much as following a trend.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

To clarify, I am not talking about length and salary, I am talking about NTC's.

And if these guys are as bad personality wise as people suggest, why were they offered deals? Surely Murray could have put them up for trade with the pitch that the team couldn't afford to retain them?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I don't know why people are so annoyed that some fans have seen and believe that Chris Phillips is on the decline.

It's been like this since.... over a season and a half or so. He's not the same player he was 2+ years ago, and despite maybe a few games of playing well, he's consistently been bad for the majority of the past season plus.

Stop with living in the past and brining his philanthropy into the equation. Yeah we know that all you need to be is a good character to get a contract in Ottawa, that is obvious, but I think I care a little more about the play on the ice. You want a team that wins humanitarian awards or championships?

His play has not warranted an extension. And anything at, near or more than what he is currently making is a huge risk. I do not want another burden of a contract because he is a nice guy. He's either in a season long slump or he's not the player he used to be.... which is it?

For the money that people are throwing at him, I can think of many other players I would rather have or things I would use that money for.

This team needs an overhaul, bad. The wrong players have been moved, the team that has been assembled is not working, and the coach is just rolling dice now it seems.

Blame Heatley all you want, but he was the one offered the contract he signed. And Murray panicked and got robbed on the deal.

I would rather the team took on a new direction altogether and went with a young, fresh team and play exciting hockey and lose, than stay the same and miss the playoffs with an old, unmotivated team.

+1

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Why's that again? It's not like goaltending has been the problem lately, or even this year. Is Leclaire supposed to go QB the PP now too? Sarcasm

It's something we've not often had. With the exception of Hasek, there has seemingly always been a goalie "controversy" in Ottawa. It would be nice to have an undisputed number one guy.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hasek had his own controversy, mind you it was not for his play, but lack there of lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum