GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff talk all the time.

+20
Urkie
caissie_1
stempniaksen
PKC
SensGirl11
SensHulk
Flo The Action
asq2
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
SensGal
SDH89
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
wprager
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 35]

286All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Seriously, that Michalek for Heatley deal is going to look fantastic in about a year. I said this last year, Ottawa got the best player in the deal IMO and it's looking more and more to be true.

Give it 2 years and there will be no debate at all. Add on top of that the fact he may very well have gotten his brother to come here to Ottawa, it's almost laughable.

Murray did the same thing in Anahiem by getting Rob and Scott was not far behind.

287All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Kind of feel like the Sens dodged a bullet with Heatley.

If you trade Spezza and can do it to SJ because they think that he can reproduce the chemistry he and Heatley had, then maybe you do it.

288All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Seriously, that Michalek for Heatley deal is going to look fantastic in about a year. I said this last year, Ottawa got the best player in the deal IMO and it's looking more and more to be true.

Give it 2 years and there will be no debate at all. Add on top of that the fact he may very well have gotten his brother to come here to Ottawa, it's almost laughable.

Murray did the same thing in Anahiem by getting Rob and Scott was not far behind.

Michalek looked pretty good the first 25 games or so, but then he slowed down, as did many of the players, though Spezza caught fire. I worry about his knees though.

289All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Kind of feel like the Sens dodged a bullet with Heatley.

If you trade Spezza and can do it to SJ because they think that he can reproduce the chemistry he and Heatley had, then maybe you do it.

Yeah, a potentially cap destroying bullet too.

290All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Ahhh, I remember the days where I was told "I just hate Heatley and Spezza for no reason" and "you cant replace those guys" and other stuff... now, looks like that 7.5 million cap hit people were so
"unafraid of" is going to kill SJ and they will have to let their number 1 goalie go, Pavalski might not be able to get re-upped, and depending on what they do with Thornton, they might be in a lot of trouble goign forward.

Thank you for Mr.Wilson for pulling the trigger on the deal that saved The Sens for the next 5 years. You wanna make another one?

291All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure Wilson will get a chance to make another trade for the Sharks. I could be wrong, but how long can you deal with the same failure year after year?

292All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Wilson has don a great job there, he keeps his prospect pool stocked even with dealing draft picks and the fact he never drafts in the top 20 (aside from the Tosala deal). That team finishes on top of the league and he finds the needs of his team and fills them.

He makes great trades while giving up very little as well.

If Wilson is fired that team will go to the dogs. I think he stays and some on ice personel changes are coming, one of Marleau or Thortnon are gone.

293All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

LOL @ N4L....

Thank you for Mr.Wilson for pulling the trigger on the deal that saved The Sens for the next 5 years. You wanna make another one?

So giving up Michalek for Heatley was a good trade for him to make? (From a SJ perspective I mean). Sarcasm

294All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's done adequately. He's picked as high as 9th recently (Couture), made a bone-headed trade (Ehrhoff) and another trade that simply isn't helping the Sharks (Heatley) and tied their hands financially.

He hs a heck of a mess to deal with this summer with Nabokov and Marleau. We'll see...he certainly hasn't put together a team that can get to the next level, that's for sure.

295All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Dash wrote:LOL @ N4L....

So giving up Michalek for Heatley was a good trade for him to make? (From a SJ perspective I mean). Sarcasm

Boyle and Thornton were fantastic to say the least.

Heatley is a wash IMO, I think Ottawa got the better end though. People outside of Ottawa will argue with that, but in the end it will end up being.

Michalek, Sutton, Cheechoo, and Z.Michalek for Heatley and a 5th.

296All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:46 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:He's done adequately. He's picked as high as 9th recently (Couture), made a bone-headed trade (Ehrhoff) and another trade that simply isn't helping the Sharks (Heatley) and tied their hands financially.

He hs a heck of a mess to deal with this summer with Nabokov and Marleau. We'll see...he certainly hasn't put together a team that can get to the next level, that's for sure.

Thornton with one year left and he is very tradeable, Blake is also coming off the books.

297All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still, if he replaces Thornton, the player(s) coming back will still be making close to what Thornton will make in reality. And he needs a goalie, and Marleau might opt to walk, so he'll need a winger/center, and a replacement for Blake. Etc.

298All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:51 pm

I bet you they go after Turco in the off season for a lot less then what Nabokov makes. Blake coming off the books is big but he wont be replaced in terms of his stature on the team nor his production and overall game.

Anyways, glad Ottawa got rid of Heatley when they could because he always has been the type of guy that would drag a team down. Ill tell you this too, if The Sharks have Michalek and Erhoff, I bet you they win the cup.

299All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 1:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:I bet you they go after Turco in the off season for a lot less then what Nabokov makes. Blake coming off the books is big but he wont be replaced in terms of his stature on the team nor his production and overall game.

Anyways, glad Ottawa got rid of Heatley when they could because he always has been the type of guy that would drag a team down. Ill tell you this too, if The Sharks have Michalek and Erhoff, I bet you they win the cup.

I don't like Nabokov, never have, but you might be right. Speed kills and Chicago is destroying SJ with speed. Ehrhoff and especially Michalek have speed to burn and boy, do the Sharks ever need that now.

Still, I can't get behind Nabokov in big games. It's 50/50, sometimes he's amazing, other times he has no compete in him.

300All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Marleau despite getting 2 goals last night isnt playing very well and cant use his speed, and well, Heatley is Heatley. The guy carrying that team right now or at least trying to is Thornton. He has played so well in these playoffs I have a little better opinion of him for sure. He has showed a lot of heart and he's doing things out of his comfort zone to try and help the team win.

Im not a big Nabokov fan either but he will be getting 5 mil plus on the open market or he will head over to Russia.

I would bet Turco is a Shark come first week of July.

301All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 2:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gee, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with Turco in there if I were a Shark fan, but hey, I'm not. Smile

302All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm

He's no worse then Nabokov and can move the puck with more effectivness as well. When you have an offensive minded team and a small D, that's huge.

Anyways, Ill lay that out there, I think Turco signs in San Jose for 3 years at 3.5-4 mil per year.

303All Playoff talk all the time. - Page 20 Empty Re: All Playoff talk all the time. Wed May 19, 2010 3:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum