GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov

+15
wprager
Ev
SDH89
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
SensFan71
SensGirl11
Flo The Action
asq2
Tuk Tuk
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov

POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov Vote_lcap253%POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov Vote_rcap2 53% [ 8 ]
POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov Vote_lcap27%POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov Vote_lcap240%POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

1POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov Empty POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Given the choice to sign one of these two, let's say Michalek at 4.2 and Volchenkov at 4.6, which one would you want?

Or, do you want neither player? POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov 805406

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm going with Michalek because I feel it's time for some fresh blood to come in and Michalek blocks shots, hits (not as well as A-Train), but he also moves the puck really, really well and he's a righty.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For a difference of 400k, and with either player commanding north of 4m, I'd simply move in another direction.

Abstain.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:For a difference of 400k, and with either player commanding north of 4m, I'd simply move in another direction.

Abstain.

Agreed. I'd pick none of the above if it was an option. Focus on getting Cullen under contract then try for Sutton afterwards.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan wrote:For a difference of 400k, and with either player commanding north of 4m, I'd simply move in another direction.

Abstain.

Agreed 100%.

Anything more than 3 x 3 for this type of player is more than I'd pay.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:

Abstain.

Agreed 100%.

Anything more than 3 x 3 for this type of player is more than I'd pay.

3.25 per X 4 for Cullen and 2.5 X 3 for Sutton.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You make it sound like Michalek is an option. There's been talk around here about signing him all season long, but what's to say he doesn't stay in Phoenix?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:You make it sound like Michalek is an option. There's been talk around here about signing him all season long, but what's to say he doesn't stay in Phoenix?

I think it's a purely hypothetical. Assuming you had these two options available to you which of the two would you take. I personally like neither.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:You make it sound like Michalek is an option. There's been talk around here about signing him all season long, but what's to say he doesn't stay in Phoenix?

Yeah, this is 100% hypothetical. All UFAs can go where they please obviously.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oops, I added an option, but messed up the poll results. POLL: Zbynek Michalek or Anton Volchenkov 542150

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Michalek, not even close. Michalek is almost as good a shot blocker as Volchie, a better hitter, a smarter player, and much more talented offensively.

If we can afford him and he wants to be here, go for it.

Sophomore
Sophomore

or you sign neither and waive cheechoo

sign cullen, sutton and afinogenov.

michalek spezza afinogenov
alfie cullen fisher
foligno regin kovalev
rutuu kelly neil

phillips karlsson
kuba cowen
sutton carkner

It would be extremely hard for any team to match up against those 4 lines.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:or you sign neither and waive cheechoo

sign cullen, sutton and afinogenov.

michalek spezza afinogenov
alfie cullen fisher
foligno regin kovalev
rutuu kelly neil

phillips karlsson
kuba cowen
sutton carkner

It would be extremely hard for any team to match up against those 4 lines.

That blue-line is terrible though. Karlsson's getting matched up against the top players from the other team at 20 when he'll likely only be weighing in at around 185lbs, Cowen's on the second pairing as a rookie when he needs another year in Junior, and Sutton and Carkner, while physical, would be so slow and impotent offensively that they'd suck the life out of our forwards.

I'd take Michalek, but it really depends on what you want to do with the blue-line and with the team in general. He's not as man-beast as Volchenkov but he's much more suited to a puck-possession game, which I'd rather see. He's sort of like a cross between Volchenkov and Phillips.

Tuk Tuk wrote:Michalek, not even close. Michalek is almost as good a shot blocker as Volchie, a better hitter, a smarter player, and much more talented offensively.

If we can afford him and he wants to be here, go for it.

Not to mention you should attempt to surround your stars with good playes, friends, family and fellow countrymen.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
That blue-line is terrible though. Karlsson's getting matched up against the top players from the other team at 20 when he'll likely only be weighing in at around 185lbs, Cowen's on the second pairing as a rookie when he needs another year in Junior, and Sutton and Carkner, while physical, would be so slow and impotent offensively that they'd suck the life out of our forwards.

I'd take Michalek, but it really depends on what you want to do with the blue-line and with the team in general. He's not as man-beast as Volchenkov but he's much more suited to a puck-possession game, which I'd rather see. He's sort of like a cross between Volchenkov and Phillips.

Yeah, I see this team as a puck-possession team the year after next and beyond, that's why I was going toward Michalek as well - plus he's a righty, plus he's tough and a great D. But Volchenkov is a better defensive D-man, he just doesn't possess any of the passing ability that Michalek does - and that leads to a puck-possession game, which I'm sure we're going towards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum