GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens

4 posters

Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens

Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_lcap20%Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_lcap20%Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_lcap250%Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_lcap225%Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_lcap225%Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Vote_rcap2 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Empty Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A-Train had a strong regular season for the most part but seemed to struggle early in the playoffs. Perhaps it had a little to do with his hobbled partner Chris Phillips? I'm not saying it did just trying to figure it out. He certainly stepped up in games 5 and 6 though.

I give A-Train a B.

- Unknown Author

2Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Empty Re: Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:A-Train had a strong regular season for the most part but seemed to struggle early in the playoffs. Perhaps it had a little to do with his hobbled partner Chris Phillips? I'm not saying it did just trying to figure it out. He certainly stepped up in games 5 and 6 though.

I give A-Train a B.

I think Phillips played fine. He was playing through pain, but bunyons and bone spurs, properly frozen, of course, aren't going to affect you that much. Unless, of course, the bone spurs were in his ankle or somewhere where they would affect mobility. Not that I'm discounting playing through pain, but Phillips is a warrior and modern medicine has a few bottled miracles at their disposal.

I agree with the B, maybe even a B- for the playoffs (I rewatched some of the highlights and he seemed to feature in the Penguins' goals quite prominently; don't know what his +/- was but I can't imagine it was very good).

3Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Empty Re: Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Unquestionably, undeniably a warrior. However, measured against his own best performances, this season did not match Anton's best.

B+

4Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Empty Re: Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:33 am

i cant wait to how he plays without phillips.

5Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Empty Re: Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DirtyDave wrote:i cant wait to how he plays without phillips.

Just review the Team Russia videos. That should give you a clear indication.

- Unknown Author

6Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Empty Re: Anton Volchenkov - Grade the Sens Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:53 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:i cant wait to how he plays without phillips.

Just review the Team Russia videos. That should give you a clear indication.

Who was his partner?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum