GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Letter Grade the Sens

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Letter Grade the Sens Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just for fun, grade the Sens:

A+ being the best, F being the worst:

Jason Spezza
Daniel Alfredsson
Milan Michalek
Nick Foligno
Chris Neil
Erik Condra
Zack Smith
Kaspars Daugavins
Colin Greening
Zenon Konopka
Jesse Winchester
Bobby Butler

Erik Karlsson
Chris Phillips
Filip Kuba
Sergei Gonchar
Brian Lee

Craig Anderson
Alex Auld

2Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll wait for the "correct" grades to be posted before I add any input.

3Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:49 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Better yet, check out how our team was graded one year ago:

http://www.gmhockey.com/t5106-grade-the-sens

Also, didn't we just do this? I can't find the thread, but I swear we just had a rankings thread a few days ago. Not that our opinions can't change faster than Spezza on a back-check...

Last edited by tim1_2 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Better yet, check out how our team was graded one year ago:

Neat stuff. I'm gonna read that right meow!

5Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Better yet, check out how our team was graded one year ago:

Also, didn't we just do this? I can't find the thread, but I swear we just had a rankings thread a few days ago. Not that our opinions can't change faster than Spezza on a back-check...

I'm sure we did. Hence my decision to wait for the "correct" grades.

6Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:55 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here: http://www.gmhockey.com/t5586-mid-season-grades

And it was BY YOU, Spez! Alzheimers?

7Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Here: http://www.gmhockey.com/t5586-mid-season-grades

And it was BY YOU, Spez! Alzheimers?

Yeah, but no one did the letter grading, so I thought I'd start a thread and not grade them myself. Smile

8Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:47 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm anxious to find out what the grades are.

9Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:04 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm anxious to find out what the grades are.

#don'tholdyourbreath

10Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here they are. If only I put this effort into my actual job.

Jason Spezza: F - This guy keeps playing for the team that traded him three years ago, according to every Sens fan, ever.

Daniel Alfredsson: A - At 39 years old, The Alfie keeps playing like he's 37.

Milan Michalek: F - We lost the Heatley trade, and this injury-prone bum won't let us forget it, said every Sens fan on Oct 4, 2011.

Nick Foligno: F - Our inability to trade him set this rebuild back, literally, minus two years. Thus, accelerating the future and breaking the space-time continuum.

Chris Neil: C - Continues to fight other tough-guys and then hand-wave to the crowd, gesturing that they should probably get up and leave now in order to avoid post-game traffic jams.

Erik Condra: F - Despite playing 3rd and 4th line minutes for less than a full season, he has failed to score 20 goals in a full NHL season, something that Ottawa fans demand.

Zack Smith: A - The best player in the lineup whose name starts with "Z".

Kaspars Daugavins: F - Called up only for Movember, he has failed to report back to Binghamton.

Colin Greening: F - At 25 years old, he is elevating the average age of the team to levels that are unacceptable for a rebuild.

Zenon Konopka: B - The second best player in the lineup whose name starts with "Z".

Jesse Winchester: F - Given his rugged good looks and feisty playing style, inevitably draws comparisons to Mike Fisher, and loses out in both the "bible-thumping" category and "hot, famous wife" category.

Bobby Butler: A - Given that every newspaper and webpage uses the headline "The Butler Did It" when Little Bobby B scores and Ottawa wins, he's given them surprisingly, and thankfully, little reason to run this headline this year.

Erik Karlsson: F - Setting the bar for himself too high, thus leading to disappointment for Sens fans every year for the next 20 years.

Chris Phillips: A - By refusing to let Ottawa trade him, he is using up valuable cap space that would otherwise be thrown away by management for some old Russian.

Filip Kuba: A - Proving all the skeptics wrong, Kuba has single-handedly resurrected the team to levels of respectability. Unlike last year, when he single-handedly lead the team down a path of ruin.

Sergei Gonchar: A - Can only compare favourably to the other old Russian that we gave $5M to.

Brian Lee: F - Is endlessly being ID'd at the theatre to get into PG-13 movies.

Craig Anderson: F - Is the only thing standing between us and Patrick Roy, er…Robin Lehner.

Alex Auld: A - Is, in no way, impeding Robin Lehner.

11Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It should also be noted that Alfie doesn't look a day over 38 and 400 days or so approximately.

12Letter Grade the Sens  Empty Re: Letter Grade the Sens Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It should also be noted that Alfie doesn't look a day over 38 and 400 days or so approximately.

That factor was considered when I awarded him an AAA+++ rating last time around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum