GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010

+20
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
sens4win
SensGirl11
SDH89
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
Riprock
Ev
Flo The Action
PKC
Hoags
SensGal
wprager
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 21]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Yeah, 1, Spezza doesnt have Datsyuk's tallent, 2, Spezza isnt a smart enough hockey player to play like Datsyuk, 3, Spezza doesnt have the drive and determination Datsyuk has either.

You put those two head to head and Spezza looks like he did against Crosby. It's not even close.

At some point? Ummmm, you mean the last 3 years? Jesus, if Heatley didnt ask for a trade Spezza wouldnt even be here, his game isnt goign to change. When the going gets tough, Spezza is no where to be found.

Those were the same arguments made against Datsyuk. Silky smooth until the going gets tough, then he fades. Not enough grit to be a playoff performer.

Spezza is not and never will be a Selke candodate, sorry man. That's what Datsyuk is and his offense doesnt suffer because of it. Spezza will never be the player Datsyuk is, it's actually not possible.

Also, how many years did Datsyuk have in the league at that point? 3, 4? He and Spezza are basically on the same time line and it's not even close who has developed into the better player.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's what someone who follows him had to say about Niederreiter:

Nino is a very aggressive, high energy player, that is a step above all
of his peers from Switzerland. In the 2009/2010 World Junior
Championships, Neiderreiter made a name for himself by scoring timely
goals, and for the most part putting on a one man show. He plays a
North American style of play, similar to to the likes of Alex Burrows
of the Vancouver Canucks. I would expect him to go at pick #10 in the
draft, just based on the impact he made against his opposition at the
World Junior Championships.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, Neely, who do you see coming from Atlanta? I've already stated that Little + Klingberg + 1st doesn't fill our most principal need. Bogosian will be awesome and is one of my favourite players in the NHL but with Cowen, Karlsson and Wiercioch already in tow we need Bogo less than we need a top-line centre. Also, as an alternate captain already at 19, he goes nowhere.

What would be awesome from Atlanta is Evander Kane (who is on my original list). But there's no chance they move him IMO.

A guy like Perverly could be had in a deal for Spezza, I am by no means saying he is a number 1 center but he is very solid. Klinenberg, Perverly, and Atlanta's 1st, why not? That's a deal I think wouldnt hurt The Sens short term and would absolutely help them 3 or 4 years down the road.

I'm sorry, that deal hurts this team. Trading Spezza for that package = no playoffs next year.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:
N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:Also, Neely, who do you see coming from Atlanta? I've already stated that Little + Klingberg + 1st doesn't fill our most principal need. Bogosian will be awesome and is one of my favourite players in the NHL but with Cowen, Karlsson and Wiercioch already in tow we need Bogo less than we need a top-line centre. Also, as an alternate captain already at 19, he goes nowhere.

What would be awesome from Atlanta is Evander Kane (who is on my original list). But there's no chance they move him IMO.

A guy like Perverly could be had in a deal for Spezza, I am by no means saying he is a number 1 center but he is very solid. Klinenberg, Perverly, and Atlanta's 1st, why not? That's a deal I think wouldnt hurt The Sens short term and would absolutely help them 3 or 4 years down the road.

I'm sorry, that deal hurts this team. Trading Spezza for that package = no playoffs next year.

Agreed. Are we really gonna go with Peverley, Cullen, Fisher, Kelly up the middle? The depth is crazy, but I doubt any of those guys hit 60 points. There's no way we finish above 10th with those guys up the middle.

SDH89 wrote:
N4L wrote:

LOL, no it doesnt. It's pretty bad how much people are under rating the rest of The Sens. They played basically the first 4 1/2 months without production from Spezza and were on the wiinign streak before Spezza returned. They got great goaltending the last 1/2 of the year and in the playoffs, if Spezza wasnt playing that series might have gone 7 with someone giving an effort playing those kind of mins and not just taking shots from the outside. The Sens team changes very little without Spezza.

Seriously, some people here like Spezza more then they like the Ottawa Senators. This teams identity is exactly what Spezza isnt and thats how they won 2 games in the playioffs and how they got into the playoffs all together.

stempniaksen wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
N4L wrote:

Agreed. Are we really gonna go with Peverley, Cullen, Fisher, Kelly up the middle? The depth is crazy, but I doubt any of those guys hit 60 points. There's no way we finish above 10th with those guys up the middle.

Haha, dude, they just took Pitts 6 games with 3 of those guys and with anything close to a solid effort or a good performance from Spezza they are either in game 7 or the series is over.

Saying they wouldnt finish any better then 10th? Who's better in The NE division? Boston? Maybe. Buffalo, unless Miller has another season liek this year they are in trouble. MTL? No. Toronto? No. Florida, Atlanta, NYI, NYR, Tampa? No, they are not.

People who think this team is doomed without Spezza are probably the same people that think the franchise would fold without him too.

Fact of the matter is Ottawa's top 6 (without Spezza) is deep, productive, and can get the job done like it did in the playoffs. Just for the sake od arguement Peverly or Little does come back in a trade.

Alfi/Fisher/Cullen
Little/Regin/Michalek also Foligno and Kovalev to go. Plus the best 3rd line in hockey. That's a playoff team up front, sorry to break the news to people.

That's a ton of depth with a top tier prospect and sure fir NHLer coming back with Klinenberg and a player of Murray's choosing at number 8. You get 2 picks in the top 20 in a good draft like he did in 03, The Sens are set up for 10-15 years.

Klinenberg and Silfverberg playing the wings one day in Ottawa together? That combo could very well turn into Franzen and Holmstrom on day.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/04/25/13715571.html

Basically saying that A Train has turned down 20 mil from The Sens (be gone) and The Sens may very well have to "live with Spezza". Not exactly words of confidence. Garrioch usually sums things up nicely and does have connections so his word does have some credibility.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This was also part of that article BTW.

“You have to be careful trading those guys because he’s a No. 1 centre and you’re not always going to get a No. 1 centre back,” said the executive.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This was also part of that article BTW.

“You have to be careful trading those guys because he’s a No. 1 centre and you’re not always going to get a No. 1 centre back,” said the executive.

It's true, you do. You cant trade him for scraps.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Also, I have a feeling if you are trading with Edmonton, they are going to force you to take Horcoff.

Dash wrote:Also, I have a feeling if you are trading with Edmonton, they are going to force you to take Horcoff.

If that would actually be the case you would need their 2nd, MPS, and probably something else coming back too. Horcoff is doing them a favour.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And taking Spezza could be considered a favour as well. Afterall, in your eyes, he's an overpaid, underachieving, selfish player with a lot of baggage.

Edmonton likely will not be making any trades until they settle their RFA situation. Once they know what kind of cap they will be working with then they will be able to figure out what they can do.

MPS and Eberle are untouchable IMO. Edmonton has guys like O'Marra, Nash and others they could offer instead of well before it came to those guys.

Dash wrote:And taking Spezza could be considered a favour as well. Afterall, in your eyes, he's an overpaid, underachieving, selfish player with a lot of baggage.

Edmonton likely will not be making any trades until they settle their RFA situation. Once they know what kind of cap they will be working with then they will be able to figure out what they can do.

Defently overpaid. As for baggage? Not really, his off ice crap has really cleaned up over the last two years in all honesty.

Perhaps it's Gagne, Horcoff, MPS, and their 2nd. I think there is a lot more quantity there then quality and that's what has to be avoided if you do trade Spezza.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh man, this Spezza talk is gonna get old fast. We're not even 3 days away from the season being over, and look how much Spezza talk we've had PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 18 805406

Im not even saying you HAVE to trade the guy, he doesnt hurt The Sens, long term I think he does, but short term he does help the current team.

If you get the right deal for him, you make it. But to say this team isnt any good without him or they are not in the playoffs, that's just BS.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and I wouldn't want Peverley. Even though he's decent, it would look bad trading Spezza for a guy that any team could have picked up on waivers last season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum