GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010

+20
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
sens4win
SensGirl11
SDH89
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
Riprock
Ev
Flo The Action
PKC
Hoags
SensGal
wprager
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 21]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh man, this Spezza talk is gonna get old fast. We're not even 3 days away from the season being over, and look how much Spezza talk we've had PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 19 805406

Im not even saying you HAVE to trade the guy, he doesnt hurt The Sens, long term I think he does, but short term he does help the current team.

If you get the right deal for him, you make it. But to say this team isnt any good without him or they are not in the playoffs, that's just BS.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and I wouldn't want Peverley. Even though he's decent, it would look bad trading Spezza for a guy that any team could have picked up on waivers last season.

Big Ev wrote:and I wouldn't want Peverley. Even though he's decent, it would look bad trading Spezza for a guy that any team could have picked up on waivers last season.

Any team could have had St.Louis too. That's not a good arguement IMO especially since he was nabbed right away, so about 3 teams could have had him if you want to get technical.

Anyways, Spezza isnt as irreplacable as some people thinks he is but you dont trade him for the sake of tradding him and just get this, this and that for him. There has to be some sort of structure and reasoning if Murray does decide to do it.

N4L wrote:
Big Ev wrote:and I wouldn't want Peverley. Even though he's decent, it would look bad trading Spezza for a guy that any team could have picked up on waivers last season.

Any team could have had St.Louis too. That's not a good arguement IMO especially since he was nabbed right away, so about 3 teams could have had him if you want to get technical.

Anyways, Spezza isnt as irreplacable as some people thinks he is but you dont trade him for the sake of tradding him and just get this, this and that for him. There has to be some sort of structure and reasoning if Murray does decide to do it.

you could trade spezza for good pieces and pick up Marleau for about 5M probably or get a brad richards.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know what you mean, but I'd want to wait a couple of years to see if Peverley can keep it up. It would look bas right now to trade for him since he was a waiver pickup, but if he keeps putting up good numbers the next few season, it wouldn';t look so bad and you realize that he shouldn't have been a waiver pickup in the first place. It's like if Phoenix traded Bryzgalov for Nabokov a year after they picked him up off waivers...it would look bad for SJ to trade for a guy they could have picked up themselves, but now since Bryzgalov is proving himself to be a capable #1, it wouldn't look so bad these days. Just an example.

If we trade with Atlanta, I want Klingberg, Cormier, and a 1st...or Esposito. I think he could still turn out to be a good player.

To be honest.. I completely trust BM... we got rid of Heatley and even if we didn't get anything for him the Sens playoff team was very entertaining.

Big Ev wrote:I know what you mean, but I'd want to wait a couple of years to see if Peverley can keep it up. It would look bas right now to trade for him since he was a waiver pickup, but if he keeps putting up good numbers the next few season, it wouldn';t look so bad and you realize that he shouldn't have been a waiver pickup in the first place. It's like if Phoenix traded Bryzgalov for Nabokov a year after they picked him up off waivers...it would look bad for SJ to trade for a guy they could have picked up themselves, but now since Bryzgalov is proving himself to be a capable #1, it wouldn't look so bad these days. Just an example.

If we trade with Atlanta, I want Klingberg, Cormier, and a 1st...or Esposito. I think he could still turn out to be a good player.

Espsoito (who may never play a game) over Peverly? A really good friend was his team mate for 2 years in The NCAA and he is the real deal. He's a legit 2nd line center.

DirtyDave wrote:To be honest.. I completely trust BM... we got rid of Heatley and even if we didn't get anything for him the Sens playoff team was very entertaining.

I do as well.

N4L wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:To be honest.. I completely trust BM... we got rid of Heatley and even if we didn't get anything for him the Sens playoff team was very entertaining.

I do as well.

I've liked all of the moves that he has made. Last two draft years seem very promising... I can't complain at all... unless he tries to get Bondra out of retirement.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:you could trade spezza for good pieces and pick up Marleau for about 5M probably or get a brad richards.

And Marleau signs here because....?

The only way we're getting primo free agents is if we drastically overpay. We paid that much for Kovalev and given his age he's at least a tier below. Also, he had an interest in keeping close to Montreal.

N4L wrote:Perhaps it's Gagne, Horcoff, MPS, and their 2nd. I think there is a lot more quantity there then quality and that's what has to be avoided if you do trade Spezza.

Horcoff is so awful. Crying

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:That was what they said on Sportsnet.

"I think that there's gonna be some friction between maybe Clouston and Murray on why that happened. Why did you bail out on Pascal Leclaire in the back half of the season? And then when we need him, he wasn't there prepared for the challenge."

- Nick Kypreos on Leclaire's 10 starts since Jan. 21.

You should have led with the bolded part. Would have saved me some time reading the rest.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
Spezza had a good game 1, I agree. Game 2? Really? He was directly at fault for Crosby's 1st goal and was basically domianted that entire game by him. Game 3 he was beyond awful, game 4, well that gaff IMO cost The Sens the series. You can debate that if you wish but that's how I feel about that play, that was a dagger to The Sens and any hopes they had of winning that series.

Point is, when The Sens needed him the most he wasnt there. I have always said when talking about Spezza "we'll see how he does when things get a little tough and things dont go his way", well, you get the answer almost every time, it doesnt change. I dont care what your opinion is on Spezza be it keep him, he can be a franchise player, he's worthless, w/e, one thing that cannot be denied or ignored is the fact he wasnt good in the playoffs and hasnt been for sometime.

I still hang half of that on A-Train, though. There's Spezza, in control of the puck, two guys closing in on him, and he sees A-Train waiting at the blue line. So he pushes the puck toward him but, instead of moving up to grab it and go the other way (or at the very least just bang it back into the corner or behind the goal) A-Train freezes like a deer in the headlights.

And Regin doesn't have 2 of his goals without Spezza driving to the net, letting a great shot go that resulted in a big, juicy rebound. Then you've got Regin with 1 (2?) goals and 2 penalties that led directly to goals against. Plus that Foligno goal that was called back should have been his 8th point in 6 games. Do you wonder *why* a rookie (who did not do a hell of a lot during the regular season) all of a sudden turned in a scoring machine, playing with a good passer? Same with Foligno. He was doing dick all, and all of a sudden he's contributing in the last two games.

Ugggggh, I dont want to keep talking about this, but w/e. That drops pass at the blueline was about as bad a play as you can make. Anyone putting that on A Train needs to take a serious looks of the do's and dont's of playoff hockey.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:Ugggggh, I dont want to keep talking about this, but w/e. That drops pass at the blueline was about as bad a play as you can make. Anyone putting that on A Train needs to take a serious looks of the do's and dont's of playoff hockey.

It wasn't a drop pass. He was skating toward the blue line from inside and passed it forward toward A-Train, who simply froze.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza has to dump that puck to the corner. I can't blame Volchie for that one.

wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:Ugggggh, I dont want to keep talking about this, but w/e. That drops pass at the blueline was about as bad a play as you can make. Anyone putting that on A Train needs to take a serious looks of the do's and dont's of playoff hockey.

It wasn't a drop pass. He was skating toward the blue line from inside and passed it forward toward A-Train, who simply froze.

Spezza dropped it off, he can't leave the puck there at that point in the game or at that spot on the ice. Even if A Train gets that pass there is nothing stopping The Pens from tipping it off A Trains stick and going the other way with the exact same result. A Train should have never been in a position to take blame for that play because it was a dumb, careless, and selfish play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum