GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010

+20
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
sens4win
SensGirl11
SDH89
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
Riprock
Ev
Flo The Action
PKC
Hoags
SensGal
wprager
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 21]

Dash wrote:From Edmonton's perspective, you might get Cogliano or Nilsson, plus maybe a few extra pieces.

I'll take Cogs and Souray.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Cullen/Fisher/Alfie was awesome, they played with Crosby like a christmas toy all night. Should be the same line next year.
Then you put Regin and Michalek with Kovalev.
What we get back for Spezza (hopefully Sam Gagner + Penner) can center another line too.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Souray's not an extra piece.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not sure that I want Sutton to re-sign with us. He played alright, but i think it's time for a youth d-man to take over.

Even if we want to re-sign him, I think he might go back to the Island and sign with them.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Idiot TSN readers... someone had the nerve to say that the series outcome porved US superiority... lol... so I just replied by rhyming off the Canadians on the roster.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Just got in from the game.

Why was the 4th line on the ice with the team's first face-off in the offensive zone in about an hour? They were good through the game, but you put the Cullen line on in that situation and go for it.

A tough loss, but this squad will be better next year because of it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Putting this in perspective, this has been a really awesome season to be honest.

Dash wrote:Souray's not an extra piece.

With a NMC and a desire to leave Edmonton, they will take whatever they can get for him, period. He and Cogliano balances out Spezza's salary nicely, and Souray can still play.

Or, we could just trade him to Edmonton for their 1st, straight up. Either or, I am good.

Big Ev wrote:I'm not sure that I want Sutton to re-sign with us. He played alright, but i think it's time for a youth d-man to take over.

Even if we want to re-sign him, I think he might go back to the Island and sign with them.

He couldn't wait to get out of there, he's practically said so. At this point in his career (playing in only his second playoff series after being swept the first time), he wants to compete for a Cup. He may not sign in Ottawa, but I'd bet money he won't sign on the ISland.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa will not get Edmonton's 1st. Souray may want out of Edmonton, but that is far from wanting to go to Ottawa. Edmonton doesn't need to take on salary, with a lot of players to sign. They would also rather have younger, cheaper players. They are rebuilding.

Well, either way I think Spezza lands in Atlanta, St.Louis, or Columbus. Filatov, Vacicek, and their 1st for Spezza. Money.

N4L wrote:Well, either way I think Spezza lands in Atlanta, St.Louis, or Columbus. Filatov, Vacicek, and their 1st for Spezza. Money.

I'll drink a glass of your piss if we land Filatov and a 1st for Giggles.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Souray only wants out of Edmonton because of the poor management, so I don't see why he wouldn't consider going to Ottawa. But the thing is- would we want a guy like him (injury-prone, not as good as he once was, etc.)?

Spezza for Cogliano and MPS!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Well, either way I think Spezza lands in Atlanta, St.Louis, or Columbus. Filatov, Vacicek, and their 1st for Spezza. Money.

Do you mean Voracek? If so, I don't think they would trade him, he really came on after they fired Hitchcock. Filatov is definitely a possibility, and he would immediately be our top prospect.

St. Louis, I'd ask for one of Berglund, Backes, Oshie, but I don't think they are keen on dealing those 3.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

With the way Colorado has played this year, Edmonton is not trading MPS/Hall/whatever < 20 years old for Spezza.

Dash wrote:Ottawa will not get Edmonton's 1st. Souray may want out of Edmonton, but that is far from wanting to go to Ottawa. Edmonton doesn't need to take on salary, with a lot of players to sign. They would also rather have younger, cheaper players. They are rebuilding.

Of course they aren't getting the 1st. PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 11 270956 Turn on your sarcasm detector please. PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 11 159628

I promise you, they will not be getting anything noteworthy for Souray. He wants out and controls his fate. You are correct in that he may not want to go to Ottawa, but this situation is no better than the Heatley situation for the Oilers.

Big Ev wrote:

Do you mean Voracek? If so, I don't think they would trade him, he really came on after they fired Hitchcock. Filatov is definitely a possibility, and he would immediately be our top prospect.

St. Louis, I'd ask for one of Berglund, Backes, Oshie, but I don't think they are keen on dealing those 3.

Filatov seems remote for the same reason you mentioned for Voracek. Hitchcock being gone could get La Femme Nikita back in Columbus.

No chance in hell, St. Louis traded any of those 3, much less for Spezza imo.

Big Ev wrote:Souray only wants out of Edmonton because of the poor management, so I don't see why he wouldn't consider going to Ottawa. But the thing is- would we want a guy like him (injury-prone, not as good as he once was, etc.)?

Spezza for Cogliano and MPS!

Apparently, he wants to be closer to his kids, who are on the West Coast. It's not just about the management.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum