GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010

+20
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
sens4win
SensGirl11
SDH89
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
Riprock
Ev
Flo The Action
PKC
Hoags
SensGal
wprager
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 21]

Ya, I dont think there is anything to really worry about with Clouston and Murray. MAYBE Murray questions why the hell he kept putting Spezza out there against Crosby, a lot of people questioned that though.

marakh wrote:In terms of pure talent, I think Granlund is potentially a N1 if youd evelop him the right way. Can definitely be had in the 10-15 range.

I honestly dont know enough about him to even form an opinion.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, hard to believe that. Cory Clouston has basically saved BM's job, if anything he should kiss his Donkey.

Bobby Mac defently thinks a shake up to the core is coming and it might be Spezza, like M.C said earlier.

In all honesty, I want to watch The Sens play live again but I just wont pay for a ticket to watch Spezza being paid what he is for nothing but gutless efforts come playoff time.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That was what they said on Sportsnet.

"I think that there's gonna be some friction between maybe Clouston and Murray on why that happened. Why did you bail out on Pascal Leclaire in the back half of the season? And then when we need him, he wasn't there prepared for the challenge."

- Nick Kypreos on Leclaire's 10 starts since Jan. 21.

Last edited by Dash on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

N4L wrote:Meh, tough to buy that because Elliott went on a 9 game winning streak then another stretch where he was unbeatable. I think that's BS personally and I think Murray and Clouston are on the same page in terms of most things.

Personally, I think Murray is questioning if Clouston, himself, or anyone can get Spezza to turn into the player he potentially can be. He was the only guy in the playoffs besides Elliott people can look at and go, wow, he was dissapointing.

BUT, to your point Murray did say they handled Leclaire about as poorly as you can handle a goaltender this year. I think he is defnetly going to be the number 1 next year and be able to carry The Sens forward for a few years.

Agreed on all points. I wasn't sure about Leclaire, but his performance in 5 and 6 took him out of "tradeable" and plopped him into "likely starter" in my mind.

As for disappointments, I think Foligno was a big letdown. I know I'm not the only one who believed he would raise his game in the playoffs and make an impact, as his game seems well suited for success in tighter games. That one assist was a beaut, but that is pretty much the only impact he had. I believe he'll be an NHLer for the next 15+ years, health permitting, but I have no idea where in the lineup he'll be found...top-6er is still very much a question mark.

Otherwise, I think Volchenkov was pretty disappointing prior to game 5, but I can't fault him when he gives up his body like he does. I think you have it right when you say that it's easy to see why people want to keep him so much, but it's also easy to understand why he can't be taking up too much cap.

Dash wrote:That was what they said on Sportsnet.

"I think that there's gonna be some friction between maybe Clouston and Murray on why that happened why did you bail out on Pascal Leclaire in the back half of the season and then when we need him, he wasn't there prepared for the challenge."

Meh, dont buy it. Kypreos is talking out of his Donkey 99% of the time. I dont think Murray had a huge problem ridding a kid that won something liek 20 plus games in his last 30 plus starts.

Between what was said on Sportnet and TSN it sounded as if Murray is planning for a shakeup of some sort. I have my beliefe what it is but people cna draw their own conclussions.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
marakh wrote:In terms of pure talent, I think Granlund is potentially a N1 if youd evelop him the right way. Can definitely be had in the 10-15 range.

For now, size is an issue. But really, the vision and skills are top notch, and most importantly, the determination is pretty solid.
Still a big work in progress though.

N4L wrote:Ya, I dont think there is anything to really worry about with Clouston and Murray. MAYBE Murray questions why the hell he kept putting Spezza out there against Crosby, a lot of people questioned that though.
I question a lot of things he did in this series, but I also realize he's a rookie coach in his first professional playoff series. I would imagine Murray sees it in that context also. In terms of Spezza on Crosby, Murray went power on power all the way to the Cup Final back in 07...I'm not saying all things are equal, but Spezza does have experience in that capacity.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[quote=\"marakh\"][quote=\"N4L\"][quote=\"marakh\"]In terms of pure talent, I think Granlund is potentially a N1 if youd evelop him the right way. Can definitely be had in the 10-15 range.[/quote]

I honestly dont know enough about him to even form an opinion.[/quote]

For now, size is an issue. But really, the vision and skills are top notch, and most importantly, the determination is pretty solid.
Still a big work in progress though.[/quote]

Nino Neiderreiter would be the best fit for this team in my opinion. He was one of the best players in the WJC.

Niederreiter boasts good size, and all ready knows how to use it to
protect the puck etc.. His balance is impeccable leaving him dominant
against the wall. Moreover, like many WHL players, Niederreiter plays
with some serious grit and never stops competing or bringing the
intensity. This is evidenced by his great play in big games. Finally,
and this is what really sets Nino apart from many other prospects is how
creative he is with the puck for a big guy. He has good hands, and is a
proven goal scorer at every level. All his skills, coupled with his
character makeup will make Nino an attractive winger for any NHL GM come
draft day.

That\'s not me, that\'s from HockeyProspect.com.

Last edited by Big Ev on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
marakh wrote:
N4L wrote:

Still a big work in progress though.

Nino Neiderreiter would be the best fit for this team in my opinion. He was one of the best players in the WJC.

Likely going top 10, and potential is not that high IMO. Prior to the playoffs the focus was on a winger, so Niederreiter is definitely fitting nicely, but since the talk here is about replacing Spezza long term, I suggested Granlund, who is IMO after Seguin the purest center out there.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He's also a top 10 projected pick.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm hoping Murray trades up.

Dash wrote:That was what they said on Sportsnet.

"I think that there's gonna be some friction between maybe Clouston and Murray on why that happened. Why did you bail out on Pascal Leclaire in the back half of the season? And then when we need him, he wasn't there prepared for the challenge."

Definitely a load of horse Dung. I don't think I've ever seen someone quote Kypreos to back up their pov... he is clueless...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kypreos is a tool. If Bobby Mac says it, then there might be some validity. The rest know very little to nothing IMO.

Gohan wrote:
N4L wrote:Ya, I dont think there is anything to really worry about with Clouston and Murray. MAYBE Murray questions why the hell he kept putting Spezza out there against Crosby, a lot of people questioned that though.
I question a lot of things he did in this series, but I also realize he's a rookie coach in his first professional playoff series. I would imagine Murray sees it in that context also. In terms of Spezza on Crosby, Murray went power on power all the way to the Cup Final back in 07...I'm not saying all things are equal, but Spezza does have experience in that capacity.

Haha, I agree buuuuuut I think we all know now, at best, Spezza is in that 2nd teir of NHL players to say the least. I agree with the rookie coach though, there is a lot to learn as well and what Clouston has done in the last 15 months is impressive.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:He's also a top 10 projected pick.

Not on TSN's list, and the size might scare some people. Shroeder was taken 22nd overall which is quite stunning.

Nice plays in there:

Ya, a lot of people seem high on that Swiss kid but I dont see all that much in terms of intangibles and other things that will make him successful at the next level. Like I said, the guy I really want is Skinner and I did mention Johanssen earlier in the year but they would have to draft in the top 10 to get him IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum