GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010

+20
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
sens4win
SensGirl11
SDH89
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
Riprock
Ev
Flo The Action
PKC
Hoags
SensGal
wprager
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 21]

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

4-1 win win win

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Contact? Caused by the Penguins.

Puck in the net? Yup.

Call on the ice? Goal.

Net on the moorings? Can see the green pegs but they are in the holes.

SHOULD be a goal.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

no goal Dammit!

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

damn
at least a power play

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Will the Sens *ever* get a call from Toronto going their way?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

No.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That was the right call on the no-goal.

Sens gotta survive in the third

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You would say that tongue

But I think it's safe to say that, for some reason or another, that the majority of the calls have favoured the Penguins.

Just look back to the same situation almost, where Ottawa got scored on and the call on the ice was no goal that was overturned and now Ottawa gets a goal that was called on the ice overturned.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:That was the right call on the no-goal.

Sens gotta survive in the third

Yeah, there's been a lot of those, hasn't there. We seem to always be on the "wrong" side. Funny, that.

And I'm sooo glad you're not the coach. Survive the third? Are you nuts? They have to come out and smoke them. Two goal lead, you can afford to take a small chance, make it the rightful three goal lead it should be.

As for that rule, I expressed my feelings about it. There is nothing with that goal post coming off a couple of inches that make it difficult to determine if the puck crossed would have still gone in the net. That was pretty much how they used to call it back a few years ago. If the defending team was responsible for the goal post being dislodged, and the position of the goal did not have any bearing on the puck or prevented the goalie from making a save (e.g. the goalie was not trying to go up against the post) then it was a good goal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash, that's fantastic. Even better than I had imagined. I was *thinking* to put NHL where it said TV but was afraid it would not fit. Putting the logo there instead was a great idea.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder what would have happened if Leclaire were to have conveniently lost his mask? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hold the fort guys, I've got to put the kids down.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I hate Cooke

This series is over. I'd be really curious to see the time of possession in this 3rd period, because it seems like a 10 to 1 ratio for the Pens.

Hanging on for dear life isn't working. Time to press for a goal boys.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sens had this game but things just fell apart for them. One thing leads to another.

We'll just have to win it in O.T., Sens.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Prager, I didn't mean that Ottawa should have been playing to survive, I just meant Pittsburgh was coming on so they've got to weather the storm-and they didn't. I don't think they had a scoring chance all period.

Dash wrote:Sens had this game but things just fell apart for them. One thing leads to another.

We'll just have to win it in O.T., Sens.

They stopped playing their game and decided that a 2 goal lead was enough. Clouston should have called a time-out a few minutes into the 3rd and told them to just play the game they played in the first ten minutes.

I can't remember the last time I've said out loud several times that the 4th line needs a shift. Seriously.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Prager, I didn't mean that Ottawa should have been playing to survive, I just meant Pittsburgh was coming on so they've got to weather the storm-and they didn't. I don't think they had a scoring chance all period.

It's the wrong attitude. It should have been the Sens storming the Pens and seeing if Fleury could weather it. I haven't watched the third yet, but from the sounds of it, they hanged back trying to protect the lead. They should have been the ones initiating. The Pens are tired, too. It wasn't just Ottawa who's playing their third game in as many nights.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum