GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010

+20
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
sens4win
SensGirl11
SDH89
beerandsens
Cap'n Clutch
LethalLehner
Riprock
Ev
Flo The Action
PKC
Hoags
SensGal
wprager
rooneypoo
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 21]

Dash wrote:It would be a negative because it would discredit Ottawa's drafting, and Murray's judgement in signing him (and Heatley),

And no way would the fans be satisfied with a return. Spezza still has a huge fanbase, and it would cause a backlash.

Think about it - look at all the negativity towards Spezza from his own teams fans, why would another team want someone like that? If we hate him and think he sucks, why would another team want him?

We'll see, Ill be more surprised if Spezza is next year more so if he isnt. For The Sens to truly be a contender in 3 or 4 years, they need to pack Spezza's bag and I think Atlanta is defently the team to deal with.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I blame this one on all of you who took Fleury and Corsby in the pool PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 10 270956

Diddle, why am I laughing, this is a disgusting night.

N4L wrote:Depends, Spezza was seconds from being an Oiler 2 years ago at the draft... Hopefully there are some takers because The Sens will not win with him. The best line all series was the one Cullen was on.

Cullen might not be a first line center but he will and has made The Sens better then Spezza does.

100% agree with this. I was very critical of the Cullen deal, but he proved his worth in this series for sure.

hemlock wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Dash wrote:I honestly can't see Ottawa trading Spezza. I may be wrong, but I can't see it happening, regardless of what the fans say.

That's what I'm thinking as well. If he does get traded, it will be a franchise defining trade, and will either positively or negatively impact us.

At this point, I'd rather take a step back to move forward than carry a heartless $7 million contract for several more years.

I would day its a step to the side, just on the current path, at the end of it, it says "dead end". Step sideway, still going in the same direction but just no fence to stop ya.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

From Edmonton's perspective, you might get Cogliano or Nilsson, plus maybe a few extra pieces.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:Depends, Spezza was seconds from being an Oiler 2 years ago at the draft... Hopefully there are some takers because The Sens will not win with him. The best line all series was the one Cullen was on.

Cullen might not be a first line center but he will and has made The Sens better then Spezza does.

100% agree with this. I was very critical of the Cullen deal, but he proved his worth in this series for sure.

Both of Murray's deals I backed from the start and they both played great. Sutton and Cullen should stay, at least I hope they do.

marakh wrote:I blame this one on all of you who took Fleury and Corsby in the pool PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 10 270956

I'm not disgusted...just disappointed. We could have won this series in 6 like I mentioned, and we gave the Pens a fight all without 2 top 6 forwards and our top D-man (minute wise). Nothing to hang their heads about, unless your name is Spezza.

I can't wait for the day that we hear that ridiculous giggle for the last time. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Alfie looked ok in the hands shaking. He probably thought that everyone ( PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 10 159628 ) worked their asses off during these series.

Karlsson, Z.Smith and Regin are gonna be beasts next year.

Seriously, if Spezza showed up with somethign other then an ok effort for 3 of the 6 games, IMO, we are moving on to the second round.

marakh wrote:Alfie looked ok in the hands shaking. He probably thought that everyone ( PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 10 159628 ) worked their asses off during these series.

Smith earned a spot I think. But then again, who knows, we all had Bass penciled into a spot with the Sens after the playoffs he had two years ago. Smith brings more scoring with him thoug.

I predict 60 points for each EK and Regin next year.

marakh wrote:Alfie looked ok in the hands shaking. He probably thought that everyone ( PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 10 159628 ) worked their asses off during these series.

So much to look forward to next year, The Sens had a really nice bounce back season.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:I blame this one on all of you who took Fleury and Corsby in the pool PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 10 270956

I'm not disgusted...just disappointed. We could have won this series in 6 like I mentioned, and we gave the Pens a fight all without 2 top 6 forwards and our top D-man (minute wise). Nothing to hang their heads about, unless your name is Spezza.

I can't wait for the day that we hear that ridiculous giggle for the last time. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Sorry but I'm still disgusted on how they let Pitts come back by just getting rid of the puck everytime they got it. That started after Fisher's waved off goal. Where's the Diddling time out?
And Diddling Dupuis telling Leclaire they were coming and have the GWG? PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 10 853109

N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Both of Murray's deals I backed from the start and they both played great. Sutton and Cullen should stay, at least I hope they do.

I'd love to see them both re-signed. Cullen I wasn't thrilled about until the playoffs, and Sutton needs to be here because Murray won't overpay for A-Train.

marakh wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Sorry but I'm still disgusted on how they let Pitts come back by just getting rid of the puck everytime they got it. That started after Fisher's waved off goal. Where's the Diddling time out?
And Diddling Dupuis telling Leclaire they were coming and have the GWG? PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 10 853109

Clouston should have called a timeout after after the 3-2 goal to settle them down and remind them to play the same hard forechecking game they played in the first. I'm disappointed that he didn't do that for sure.

The Dupuis thing is just...blah. PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Game 6: Pittsburgh Penguins (3) @ Ottawa Senators (2) - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 24th, 2010 - Page 10 395361

Dash wrote:From Edmonton's perspective, you might get Cogliano or Nilsson, plus maybe a few extra pieces.

I'll take Cogs and Souray.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cullen/Fisher/Alfie was awesome, they played with Crosby like a christmas toy all night. Should be the same line next year.
Then you put Regin and Michalek with Kovalev.
What we get back for Spezza (hopefully Sam Gagner + Penner) can center another line too.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Souray's not an extra piece.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum