GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010

+19
M_Christopher
Ev
Flo The Action
garblar
SensGirl11
smash88
dennycrane
caissie_1
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cronie
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Ottawa @ Atlanta Mar 18, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap238%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap238%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap224%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fry: People said I was dumb, but I proved them

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Fry: People said I was dumb, but I proved them

In reference to the senators season:

Bender: Well, we're boned!

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

Soldier:
This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.

Fry:
And then the battle is not so bad?

Soldier:
Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Fry: People said I was dumb, but I proved them

In reference to the senators season:

Bender: Well, we're boned!

Or

Bender: And you are outta here.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fry: It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fry: "I'm experienced with foraging. I used to find edible mushrooms on my bath mat!"

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fry: I don’t regret this, but I both rue and lament it.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fry: Yeah. If you rule out every guy with a lizard tongue or a low IQ or an explosive violent temper, of course you’re gonna be lonely.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Zapp Brannigan: I have mated with a woman. Inform the men

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ok now that we've completely taken over this thread with Futurama references I think it's time we get back to talking Sens @ Thrashers.

If the Leaf game wasn't enough of a kick in the arse for the Sens then I would not be surprised at all to see them fall to 8th or worse by seasons end and should they make the playoffs be treated to a sweep at the hands of whoever they face.

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

circa 2008? That's exactly how its playing out right now. I'm hoping Bryan Murray starts calling out some of his players, its been too smooth a ride for them. Last night was Zoidberg-like pathetic (last one!) on several different levels.

For starters, I hope Clouston goes back to elliott against Atlanta. Elliott seems to bounce back well from bad games, and its about freakin' time we maintained some consistency in goal. Since the olympic break there's been too much flipping of the goalies, so its time to stick with one until he can right the ship

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Ok now that we've completely taken over this thread with Futurama references I think it's time we get back to talking Sens @ Thrashers.

If the Leaf game wasn't enough of a kick in the arse for the Sens then I would not be surprised at all to see them fall to 8th or worse by seasons end and should they make the playoffs be treated to a sweep at the hands of whoever they face.

I certainly hope not, or there will be he'll to pay.
Kovalev needs to wake the f&$k up; and our boys need to get back to the 2 man aggresive forecheck. Has anyone else noticed during this losing streak they stopped hitting??? Coincidence??? I think not!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's my positive performance postulation:

- Cullen busts out for a multi-point, 3 star performance and heads into the playoffs on a hot streak.

- Fisher stays out a couple more games and comes back like he was playing at the start of the season.

- The team gets back to team play and Elliott becomes awesome again instead of simply great-ish.

- Teams petition the league and the competition committee because they feel it's unfair that both Sutton and A-train are blocking more than half of the shots they direct at the net. Dancing

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After tonight's game, the Sens continue the road trip through Dallas and Montreal, before hosting the Flyers at home. Meanwhile, the Sabres continue their own road trip (which they started out with a 4-3 loss to the Thrashers) with games against the two Florida based teams and Carolina, before returning home to host the Habs.

And that's when it all comes together, on March 26, as the Sens visit the Sabres to continue trying to do to them what the Devils did to the Penguins last night -- sweep the season series.

Right now the Sens are 3 points back and the Sabres hold two games in hand. Even if we end up sweeping the remaining 2 games of the season series, we would be 1 point ahead with Buffalo still holding the two games in hand. In other words, we are no-longer in control of our own destiny.

Still, with a little luck on the road (starting tonight), and if Buffalo continue to struggle, that game on the 26th just might be for the division lead and 3rd seed.

GO SENS!
Go Tampa!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think at this point we can expect the trend to continue. The Sabres are 6-10-4 over their last 20 games while the Sens are 12-7-1. Of course the Sens record is a bit skewed with the win streak being in there.

All I'm saying is the Sabres have been trending downward for quite some time now and it's still a real possibility that they won't hang onto 3rd seed. Will Ottawa be the team to take that spot? I'm not so sure right now with the play of the Habs.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Latest update and OttawaSenators.com preview added.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Practice lines:
Michalek - Spezza - Donovan
Foligno - Cullen - Kovalev
Shannon - Regin - Winchester
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

I'm sure Donovan is there only because Alfie and Fisher did not skate.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's the text of the Sens.com preview:
SENATORS (37-28-5) AT THRASHERS (29-29-11)

Last 10: Ottawa 3-6-1; Atlanta 3-5-2.

Season Series: This is the fourth and final regular-season meeting between these two clubs. The Thrashers took the most recent game, 6-1 at home, on Jan. 12 with six goals from six different players. The Senators won, 4-2, on Oct. 10 at ScotiaBank Place but lost, 3-1, in their other home meeting against Atlanta on Oct. 31.

Big Story: The month of March has not been very kind to the Senators as they have only won one game out of seven so far and are mired in a current three-game losing streak. Atlanta continues its five-game homestand, having dropped two of its first three games.

Team Scope:

Senators: Ottawa is 1-5-1 since resuming play following the Olympic break and its playoff standing has taken a dent as a result. While the Sens (79 points) maintain a five-point cushion over the eighth-place Boston Bruins, a 4-1 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday has raised some cause for concern.

“We’re struggling, trying to get our offense going,” said captain Daniel Alfredsson. “It seems like we don’t want to make mistakes and we’re playing it safe all the time, but that hasn’t resulted in generating any offense.”

Thrashers: Atlanta finally ended its six-game losing streak with a 4-3 home win over the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday. The Thrashers quickly went up 3-0 in the first period of that game and chased Sabres’ goalie Ryan Miller, but went on to surrender that lead by the middle of the third period before Jim Slater finally won it on a wrist shot past Sabres’ backup Patrick Lalime. Atlanta is now five points removed from a playoff spot with just 13 games remaining on its schedule.

Who’s Hot: Alfredsson has compiled five assists over his last five games for Ottawa. ... For the Thrashers, forward Nik Antropov has 17 points in his last 13 games, including a goal and an assist on Tuesday.

Injury Report: Defenseman Filip Kuba has been out for the Sens since suffering a lower-body injury on Mar. 2. Blueliner Boris Valabik is out for the season with a knee injury for Atlanta.

Stat Pack: The Thrashers are only ahead of the last-place Maple Leafs for most goals against in the Eastern Conference at 3.16.

Puck Drop: Ottawa had an impressive 11-game winning streak from mid-January to the beginning of February, but it has only won four of its next 12 games since then. With such a tightly packed Eastern Conference, a team can easily go from playoff contender to pretender in the matter of just a few weeks. It is important that the Senators quickly reclaim their winning ways as the post-season is anything but guaranteed.

“Obviously, we've got our work cut out for us here,” Alfredsson told TSN on Tuesday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum