GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

+23
stempniaksen
sens4win
Ev
jamvan
Number Twenty Nine
AlfieisGod11
LeCaptain
ddt
Riprock
asq2
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
PTFlea
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_lcap214%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 5 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_lcap26%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 32]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Elliott needs his shot and people who are afraid of his lack of playoff expierence, he was probably the biggest money goaltender in Wis History and probably top 3 in NCAA history. That guy handles pressure better then any goalie Ottawa has ever had.

Look at his record after a loss (back to back games), it's like 6-1. He bounces back because of how mentally strong he is. Until he proves he cant do it thats when the warning bells should sound. People get so wrapped up in playoff expierence, well Brodure cant stop a friggin beach ball in the playoffs.

While that last line amused me, you can't forget that Brodeur is one of the biggest money goalies in history. He can't stop a beach ball NOW, but that certainly isn't indicative of his career.

Broduer was always solid in the playoffs, hardly money. He has no Conn Smyth's, he was never the REASON NJ won. He was solid, he was there when he had to be, but he is very Osgood like when it comes to the playoffs.

Brodeur's number are inflatted by the fact he plays in NJ, I'll take ROy and Hasek 100 times out of 100 over Brodeur when you look at thier prime. Probably take Belfore over him as well.

As for Elliott, again, until he proves he cant do the job that's where The Sens should be focussing their energy towards.

Belfour? you might be selling Brodeur a little short. Take it easy there. Brodeur is still clutch. Just cuz he had a bad game yesterday shouldn't mean we question his entire career. MB = Legend, fair and square, Conn Smythe or not.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Broduer was always solid in the playoffs, hardly money. He has no Conn Smyth's, he was never the REASON NJ won. He was solid, he was there when he had to be, but he is very Osgood like when it comes to the playoffs.

Brodeur's number are inflatted by the fact he plays in NJ, I'll take ROy and Hasek 100 times out of 100 over Brodeur when you look at thier prime. Probably take Belfore over him as well.

As for Elliott, again, until he proves he cant do the job that's where The Sens should be focussing their energy towards.

Roy and Hasek perhaps, but that's about the extent of the guys I'd take over Brodeur. He may not have be the main reason, but he sure as heck was one of the big reasons the Devils won.

Michallica wrote:
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Elliott needs his shot and people who are afraid of his lack of playoff expierence, he was probably the biggest money goaltender in Wis History and probably top 3 in NCAA history. That guy handles pressure better then any goalie Ottawa has ever had.

Look at his record after a loss (back to back games), it's like 6-1. He bounces back because of how mentally strong he is. Until he proves he cant do it thats when the warning bells should sound. People get so wrapped up in playoff expierence, well Brodure cant stop a friggin beach ball in the playoffs.

While that last line amused me, you can't forget that Brodeur is one of the biggest money goalies in history. He can't stop a beach ball NOW, but that certainly isn't indicative of his career.

Broduer was always solid in the playoffs, hardly money. He has no Conn Smyth's, he was never the REASON NJ won. He was solid, he was there when he had to be, but he is very Osgood like when it comes to the playoffs.

Belfour? you might be selling Brodeur a little short. Take it easy there. Brodeur is still clutch. Just cuz he had a bad game yesterday shouldn't mean we question his entire career. MB = Legend, fair and square, Conn Smythe or not.

I question his career since the lockout for sure. As soon as Stevens and Neidamayer bolted along with Danyko, he's been an average goaltender. IMO he will go down as one of the most over rated players in the history of the game. That's just me though. It's not because of the bad game, Ive has this discussion with SSF before. Give Belfore those NJ teams and his career probably looks exactly the same.

Brodeur's numbers are a direct result of playing in a dead puck era with the biggest dead puck team to play the game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Interesting, I might buy that...but how would you explain his similar numbers now though?

What do u mean?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:What do u mean?

Brodeur is still putting up similar numbers in the regular season, without stevens and neids. Of course, the playoffs is really where he has struggled post lockout, I'll give you that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That Brodeur was still playing well, but I understand what you meant now that it pertains to the playoffs.

Michallica wrote:

Brodeur is still putting up similar numbers in the regular season, without stevens and neids. Of course, the playoffs is really where he has struggled post lockout, I'll give you that.

Exactly, hell, Brian Boucher got 5 SO in a row playing in front of a defense first team. Regular season is a while other animal... it's been pretty easy to get to Brodure when it matters over the last 5, 6 years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're 100% in nets, it's the D that needs addressing - and even then...it's not like we allow a ton of shots, 4th least in the league or something like that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:We're 100% in nets, it's the D that needs addressing - and even then...it's not like we allow a ton of shots, 4th least in the league or something like that.

Just to straighten it out a bit, if we're 4th in shots allowed, our D (capital D) is fine; you're talking, more specifically, about offense from our D (call it little Do or whatever).

There are two areas, essentially -- better puck movement from the back end, and an overhaul of our powerplay. Definitely a possibility of killing two birds with one stone, here. Unfortunately it will cost us, because those players typically come with a large cap hit.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:We're 100% in nets, it's the D that needs addressing - and even then...it's not like we allow a ton of shots, 4th least in the league or something like that.

Just to straighten it out a bit, if we're 4th in shots allowed, our D (capital D) is fine; you're talking, more specifically, about offense from our D (call it little Do or whatever).

There are two areas, essentially -- better puck movement from the back end, and an overhaul of our powerplay. Definitely a possibility of killing two birds with one stone, here. Unfortunately it will cost us, because those players typically come with a large cap hit.

Very true, that's the ticket to our offensive game.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Any offensive defenceman won't be pushing out Phillips, Volchenkov, Kuba or Carkner though.

In all likelyhood we'd be replacing Campoli with another puck mover, so it wouldn't exactly be adding PMD's to our top 6

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:Any offensive defenceman won't be pushing out Phillips, Volchenkov, Kuba or Carkner though.

In all likelyhood we'd be replacing Campoli with another puck mover, so it wouldn't exactly be adding PMD's to our top 6

But an upgrade would change a lot - and you can move Kuba with Carkner.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:Any offensive defenceman won't be pushing out Phillips, Volchenkov, Kuba or Carkner though.

But an upgrade would change a lot - and you can move Kuba with Carkner.

I doubt Clouston moves Kuba away from Karlsson. The only thing I could see them doing is adding a slight upgrade on Campoli or a top-four idf they don't have confidence in Karlsson come playoff time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:
I doubt Clouston moves Kuba away from Karlsson. The only thing I could see them doing is adding a slight upgrade on Campoli or a top-four idf they don't have confidence in Karlsson come playoff time.

That's where Seidenberg is perfect to this team. I would love to have him.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Honestly, if we lose Volchy I would love the guy. I'm not sure where seidenberg would fit right now though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I would actually move Kuba. You're right, without moving significant salary we could only get a slight upgrade over Compoli. In order to make it worth our while it would have to be a $6M+ puck moving D. I'd be find putting Karlsson with Philips. Or Murray can't come to terms with A-Train.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I would actually move Kuba. You're right, without moving significant salary we could only get a slight upgrade over Compoli. In order to make it worth our while it would have to be a $6M+ puck moving D. I'd be find putting Karlsson with Philips. Or Murray can't come to terms with A-Train.

We'll move Kuba when his NTC expires on July 1 I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum