GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

+23
stempniaksen
sens4win
Ev
jamvan
Number Twenty Nine
AlfieisGod11
LeCaptain
ddt
Riprock
asq2
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
PTFlea
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_lcap214%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 5 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_lcap26%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 32]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
That would have looked nice rather than what we did end up with...

Better than nothing, that's for sure. Not high on Carle at all, in fact, I don't like him very much, but it would have beat what we got for Redden, which was...absolutely Diddle all.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I will say that if we end up with Robidas, we're not re-signing Volchenkov, BUT if we could have both and Phillips and Karlsson and Carkner and Cowen going forward? I like it a lot.

I think we'll hear about a Volchenkov re-signing before March 3rd, although I fear we will overpay. I am guessing a 4M cap hit.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:I think we'll hear about a Volchenkov re-signing before March 3rd, although I fear we will overpay. I am guessing a 4M cap hit.

Diddle it, I'll take 4 million with no issues.

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie

Is anyone concerned about goaltending? Elliott has played good enough
to win. I'm afraid that he's not a goalie we should move forward with
as a regular starter come, say, next year. The playoffs with Elliott
are what frighten me. Do you think Murray makes an offer for one of
Nashville's young goalies, or another restricted goalie out there?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

AlfieisGod11 wrote:Is anyone concerned about goaltending? Elliott has played good enough

An interesting trade would be Dan Ellis for Leclaire to get the cost down, but in terms of Elliott being the guy, I would say this season REALLY bodes well for us and for him. He started well, lost it when Leclaire went down, but then came back with a vengeance and now has a 2.59 GAA and a .910 save %. That's all you can realistically ask for with a guy in his 2nd NHL season. Anything more than that and you've got a legit elite goalie who's in line for 5 million a year.

I like that Elliott's kept his team in it for the last two months +. I wasn't thrilled with how he played when Leclaire went down, but I'm happy that he rebounded and seems ready to take the ball and run with it.

Also, keep in mind that Leclaire was JUST starting to become a rock-solid starter for us when Fisher nailed him. On a good day, the Sens have top 10 goaltending (debatable, I realize), on a bad day, it's still top 15-17, which is good enough to cover some mistakes and keep us in pressured games.

For the first time in a long time I'm okay with our goaltending. I'd like to trade Leclaire for Ellis or someone a little cheaper, but really, Leclaire will turn out to be a massive piece of our puzzle IMO.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

AlfieisGod11 wrote:Is anyone concerned about goaltending? Elliott has played good enough

I doubt it with Leclaire here. I think Pascale will get as much of a chance to take the number 1 job as Gerber did. It will be a question of whether or not he can.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I should add that I'm excited to see Elliott and potentially Leclaire in the playoffs. It's time to gauge what we have. I think both are up to it - especially Leclaire IMO.

Elliott needs his shot and people who are afraid of his lack of playoff expierence, he was probably the biggest money goaltender in Wis History and probably top 3 in NCAA history. That guy handles pressure better then any goalie Ottawa has ever had.

Look at his record after a loss (back to back games), it's like 6-1. He bounces back because of how mentally strong he is. Until he proves he cant do it thats when the warning bells should sound. People get so wrapped up in playoff expierence, well Brodure cant stop a friggin beach ball in the playoffs.

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie

Those are great points.
What I lost sight of in my comment was that the Sens have been playing a great defensive team system. That has to continue.
I can't wait for the NHL season to pick back up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Elliott needs his shot and people who are afraid of his lack of playoff expierence, he was probably the biggest money goaltender in Wis History and probably top 3 in NCAA history. That guy handles pressure better then any goalie Ottawa has ever had.

Look at his record after a loss (back to back games), it's like 6-1. He bounces back because of how mentally strong he is. Until he proves he cant do it thats when the warning bells should sound. People get so wrapped up in playoff expierence, well Brodure cant stop a friggin beach ball in the playoffs.

While that last line amused me, you can't forget that Brodeur is one of the biggest money goalies in history. He can't stop a beach ball NOW, but that certainly isn't indicative of his career.

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Elliott needs his shot and people who are afraid of his lack of playoff expierence, he was probably the biggest money goaltender in Wis History and probably top 3 in NCAA history. That guy handles pressure better then any goalie Ottawa has ever had.

While that last line amused me, you can't forget that Brodeur is one of the biggest money goalies in history. He can't stop a beach ball NOW, but that certainly isn't indicative of his career.

Maybe he was thinking of Carey Price

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

AlfieisGod11 wrote:

Maybe he was thinking of Carey Price

Yeah, now there's someone I would have NO faith in at all. I'm intrigued to see where his career goes after this.

SpezDispenser wrote:

Broduer was always solid in the playoffs, hardly money. He has no Conn Smyth's, he was never the REASON NJ won. He was solid, he was there when he had to be, but he is very Osgood like when it comes to the playoffs.

Brodeur's number are inflatted by the fact he plays in NJ, I'll take ROy and Hasek 100 times out of 100 over Brodeur when you look at thier prime. Probably take Belfore over him as well.

As for Elliott, again, until he proves he cant do the job that's where The Sens should be focussing their energy towards.

AlfieisGod11 wrote:Those are great points.
What I lost sight of in my comment was that the Sens have been playing a great defensive team system. That has to continue.
I can't wait for the NHL season to pick back up.

They are keeping things to the outside but Elliott has been huge when he has been called apon and The Sens are taking more chances at the other end because of it.

Leclaire is also a guy that can probably be counted on, he is still an asset to The Sens.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Broduer was always solid in the playoffs, hardly money. He has no Conn Smyth's, he was never the REASON NJ won. He was solid, he was there when he had to be, but he is very Osgood like when it comes to the playoffs.

Brodeur's number are inflatted by the fact he plays in NJ, I'll take ROy and Hasek 100 times out of 100 over Brodeur when you look at thier prime. Probably take Belfore over him as well.

As for Elliott, again, until he proves he cant do the job that's where The Sens should be focussing their energy towards.

Belfour? you might be selling Brodeur a little short. Take it easy there. Brodeur is still clutch. Just cuz he had a bad game yesterday shouldn't mean we question his entire career. MB = Legend, fair and square, Conn Smythe or not.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Broduer was always solid in the playoffs, hardly money. He has no Conn Smyth's, he was never the REASON NJ won. He was solid, he was there when he had to be, but he is very Osgood like when it comes to the playoffs.

Roy and Hasek perhaps, but that's about the extent of the guys I'd take over Brodeur. He may not have be the main reason, but he sure as heck was one of the big reasons the Devils won.

Michallica wrote:
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Belfour? you might be selling Brodeur a little short. Take it easy there. Brodeur is still clutch. Just cuz he had a bad game yesterday shouldn't mean we question his entire career. MB = Legend, fair and square, Conn Smythe or not.

I question his career since the lockout for sure. As soon as Stevens and Neidamayer bolted along with Danyko, he's been an average goaltender. IMO he will go down as one of the most over rated players in the history of the game. That's just me though. It's not because of the bad game, Ive has this discussion with SSF before. Give Belfore those NJ teams and his career probably looks exactly the same.

Brodeur's numbers are a direct result of playing in a dead puck era with the biggest dead puck team to play the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum