GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

+23
stempniaksen
sens4win
Ev
jamvan
Number Twenty Nine
AlfieisGod11
LeCaptain
ddt
Riprock
asq2
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
PTFlea
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_lcap214%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 5 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_lcap26%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 32]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:^ That's fluffing.

I don't fluff. I just felt it was the appropriate response to his response.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

Thinking Intriguing.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Luke Richardson out of retirement? POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 159628

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Thinking Intriguing.

Source?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens Chirp says he's heard Bryan Allen's name as well.

Says Hamhuis is the most likely.

http://www.senschirp.ca/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, someone we should have gone after in the summer: Kurtis Foster would be interesting.

Meh, if we get Hamius I would love to see him resigned. Def take him over Kuba.

Anyways, I think if you throw in Cowen to the mix here next year as the 6th D man on the other side of Carkner you should have a really solid top 6 while building a monster blueline for the future.

Ballard, Hamius, even Kubina would be 3 really solid D men you can add for about 3.5-what ever Ballards salary is right now. Ballard would be my personal choice because I love his game but any of those 3 would fit in. Im going on the assumption Kuba is gone., if not, A Train is.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Also, someone we should have gone after in the summer: Kurtis Foster would be interesting.
I mentioned Foster to Cronie the other day. I think a 3rd pairing of he and Carkner would be devastating in so many ways. Two huge bodies, A cannon from the point and a scrapper.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:I mentioned Foster to Cronie the other day. I think a 3rd pairing of he and Carkner would be devastating in so many ways. Two huge bodies, A cannon from the point and a scrapper.

Tampa Bay fans think he's a one-tool player and that's his shot. I confess to not really seeing him play much at all, but they say he's weak defensively.

Have you seen him more than that and is your opinion different?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Meh, if we get Hamius I would love to see him resigned. Def take him over Kuba.

Anyways, I think if you throw in Cowen to the mix here next year as the 6th D man on the other side of Carkner you should have a really solid top 6 while building a monster blueline for the future.

Ballard, Hamius, even Kubina would be 3 really solid D men you can add for about 3.5-what ever Ballards salary is right now. Ballard would be my personal choice because I love his game but any of those 3 would fit in. Im going on the assumption Kuba is gone., if not, A Train is.

I find it interesting that we are talking about additions, with long-term deals in some cases, and still expect to keep everybody we already have and possibly add Cowen.

Carkner shouldn't be going anywhere, nor should Campoli.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I find it interesting that we are talking about additions, with long-term deals in some cases, and still expect to keep everybody we already have and possibly add Cowen.

I was thinking about this last night when I was trying to get to sleep, do we really need another contract on the back end? Perhaps we should take this one step at a time and target that illustrious number one D-man or take care of our own guys first? Perhaps make a move for a contract in the summer, or bid on a UFA?

Ease Cowen in with Carkner and you've got something to look forward to. MIND YOU, I still think Cowen should go to the AHL for at least a year (although I said that about Karlsson too POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 270956 ), but I believe it more for Cowen. I think his summer's gonna be so tough in rehabbing his knee that he'll get tired by the halfway point of the NHL schedule. Better to have him in the AHL where player developers can keep a close, close eye on him and continue to make him stronger.

Who knows, but the second we acquire someone like Ballard is the second our hands become pretty tied in terms of salary for the next 1+ years.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cowen is NOT making the team next year. Whoever has that in their head should start finding a way to get it out. He's not ready yet.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's funny because Ottawa fans don't seem to have any interest in that #1 D-Man if it comes at the expense of Volchenkov or even Kelly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Cowen is NOT making the team next year. Whoever has that in their head should start finding a way to get it out. He's not ready yet.

Better tell that to Murray who seems to think he IS in fact ready.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I was thinking about this last night when I was trying to get to sleep, do we really need another contract on the back end? Perhaps we should take this one step at a time and target that illustrious number one D-man or take care of our own guys first? Perhaps make a move for a contract in the summer, or bid on a UFA?

Ease Cowen in with Carkner and you've got something to look forward to. MIND YOU, I still think Cowen should go to the AHL for at least a year (although I said that about Karlsson too POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 9 270956 ), but I believe it more for Cowen. I think his summer's gonna be so tough in rehabbing his knee that he'll get tired by the halfway point of the NHL schedule. Better to have him in the AHL where player developers can keep a close, close eye on him and continue to make him stronger.

Who knows, but the second we acquire someone like Ballard is the second our hands become pretty tied in terms of salary for the next 1+ years.

You add a guy like Ballard at the possible expense of a guy like Kuba, that's how I see it.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:Cowen is NOT making the team next year. Whoever has that in their head should start finding a way to get it out. He's not ready yet.

Better tell that to Murray who seems to think he IS in fact ready.

Where did you hear that?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:It's funny because Ottawa fans don't seem to have any interest in that #1 D-Man if it comes at the expense of Volchenkov or even Kelly.

We're talking about legit #1s though. Not guys who aren't that get put into the role, much like Kuba. Ideally, Kuba is a #2 or better yet a great #3. You force him to play a role his skills can't keep up with and these are the results you get.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:It's funny because Ottawa fans don't seem to have any interest in that #1 D-Man if it comes at the expense of Volchenkov or even Kelly.

We're talking about legit #1s though. Not guys who aren't that get put into the role, much like Kuba. Ideally, Kuba is a #2 or better yet a great #3. You force him to play a role his skills can't keep up with and these are the results you get.

Then comes the debate on whether or not the incoming player is or isn't a legit #1. Like Ballard, for example. Is he or isn't he?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum