GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010

+18
M_Christopher
Hobiesens
asq2
Bramlet07
SensFan71
sens4win
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
PKC
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Calgary @ Ottawa Feb 9, 2010

GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap227%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap27%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap226%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 26% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 13]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:It'll be a big test to the team's character and leadership in how they bounce back from the humiliating loss to the Leafs.

It's also a big test for Elliott. Does this shake his confidence or does he go on another run of excellent goal-tending?

Should be a good game tonight. Fans should be into it and hopefully they can avoid going home and starting a losing streak because it doesnt get any easier with The Caps coming to town then going off to Detroit.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
It's also a big test for Elliott. Does this shake his confidence or does he go on another run of excellent goal-tending?

Well that's the hallmark of a #1 NHL goalie, put a bad game behind you and get back to what you were doing that made you successful in the 1st place.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Hoags wrote:It'll be a big test to the team's character and leadership in how they bounce back from the humiliating loss to the Leafs.

Is Elliott playing?

Elliott has to be the starter tonight. I would be pretty upset if he wasnt, get him righ tback in there.

N4L wrote:Elliott has to be the starter tonight. I would be pretty upset if he wasnt, get him righ tback in there.

Clouston has to go right back to him, if only to let him know he's got the confidence in him.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No brainer it has to be Elliott. He just won 9 straight games prior to the Leaf game. If he's not in I'd be shocked.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:No brainer it has to be Elliott. He just won 9 straight games prior to the Leaf game. If he's not in I'd be shocked.

I'd be more pissed than shocked. lol

I've liked Elliott better than Leclaire all year but I understand that you have to extract value from Leclaire too. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:No brainer it has to be Elliott. He just won 9 straight games prior to the Leaf game. If he's not in I'd be shocked.

I'd be more pissed than shocked. lol

I've liked Elliott better than Leclaire all year but I understand that you have to extract value from Leclaire too. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Perhaps I'd be 53 parts pissed and 47 parts shocked so a slight edge to pissed for me as well. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

I think you give Leclaire one of the back to backs on the weekend. You dont want him on the shelf for over a month, close to two. Give him The Wings game, give Elliott The Isls and that would solve a lot of problems. If Elliott comes back with a stinker tonight though, gotta give Leclaire the nod on Thurs.

Tonight though there should be no doubt about who is starting.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Should be Elliott from the sounds of Clouston. CC thought Leclaire played well against toronto, but practice has been up and down. If you can't instill confidence in your coach through practice, you got a long way to go.

I'm willing to say Ells will be in net against all three of Calgary, Washington, and Detroit. Leclaire vs NYI. Of course a loss coudl change everything....

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I think you give Leclaire one of the back to backs on the weekend. You dont want him on the shelf for over a month, close to two. Give him The Wings game, give Elliott The Isls and that would solve a lot of problems. If Elliott comes back with a stinker tonight though, gotta give Leclaire the nod on Thurs.

Leclaire has beaten NYI twice this year...why not start him against them?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:I think you give Leclaire one of the back to backs on the weekend. You dont want him on the shelf for over a month, close to two. Give him The Wings game, give Elliott The Isls and that would solve a lot of problems. If Elliott comes back with a stinker tonight though, gotta give Leclaire the nod on Thurs.

Good point. I wasn't looking that far ahead but, certainly, a back to back is the perfect opportunity to make both guys feel valuable.

Michallica wrote:

Leclaire has beaten NYI twice this year...why not start him against them?

Good call, why not. I was thinking of it from a different point of view as in Leclaire has seen Detroit a lot playing in CLB, but he has beaten NYI twice, you're prob right there.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Isles game seems like the perfect opportunity. It's not televised, it's on the road, Leclaire has had success against them this season and the Isles have been struggling lately. It also gives him as little lay off as possible over the Olympic break.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'd play Glasscal against the Isles. He surely must be all fired up by now with Elliott stealing his thunder.

Has Elliott been confirmed yet?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:Has Elliott been confirmed yet?

Looking.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum