GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010

+18
M_Christopher
Hobiesens
asq2
Bramlet07
SensFan71
sens4win
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
PKC
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Calgary @ Ottawa Feb 9, 2010

GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap227%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap27%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap226%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 26% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Why do you read him? Are you masochist or somethin?

It was from the OffThePosts blog. Some good stuff in there. GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 159628

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:CheapShots has outdone himself:

I would make a bad columnist. At least when it comes to writing.
If I was a real journalist, I would have had lost my job early today.
I would have yanked my article right after this morning.

Fixed.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In fairness, I would have yanked Elliott after the 3rd goal - which Clouston basically did. He left him in for the 2nd (Elliott was great), then inexplicably yanked him in the third.

Turns out no matter how good a coach you are, there are always differing opinions on how to handle it when your TEAM doesn't show up. Diddlers.

Don Brennan is shocking bad though, there comes a time when there has to be some changes. I like the hockey coverage in the Sun, but Brennan is 100% a hack. My cat could write better articles than him.

EDIT: For the record, my cat is pretty handy. A handy-cat if you will.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Greg Carvel to guest on Team1200 shortly. Via Sens Twitter.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Shannon beat Michalek for the faster skater? Wow.

I actually predicted Shannon for the win before the competition and also predicted 15,000 as attendance and was off by 111 I think.

Shannon won last year, so he was the favorite. I predicted Karosson would push him for the title, though. I don't think Michalek is as fast as the other two.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I actually predicted Shannon for the win before the competition and also predicted 15,000 as attendance and was off by 111 I think.

Shannon won last year, so he was the favorite. I predicted Karosson would push him for the title, though. I don't think Michalek is as fast as the other two.

Michalek also looks like he's bigger than both Karlsson and Shannon put together to be fair.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Michalek also looks like he's bigger than both Karlsson and Shannon put together to be fair.

The competition is strictly speed, not how fast they can move relative to their mass.

where can i find a recap of the skills competition? i can't get into some sites i normally go to as my computer is on the fritz.

got it. thanks for the pm. cheechoo sure is accurate GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 159628

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Carvel compared Karlsson's impact on the game in term of slowing down he pace - to Alfredsson.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Shannon is so tiny, the ventilation at SBP made him faster than he is

faster on one side, and slower on the other, so it nullifies GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 270956

The laws of physics do not apply on GMhockey posts! GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 3 555492

SpezDispenser wrote:Carvel compared Karlsson's impact on the game in term of slowing down he pace - to Alfredsson.

that sure is some high praise from Carvel. i think we can all see that Karlsson has something special. he is starting to get attention from hockey sites everywhere.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Carvel compared Karlsson's impact on the game in term of slowing down he pace - to Alfredsson.

that sure is some high praise from Carvel. i think we can all see that Karlsson has something special. he is starting to get attention from hockey sites everywhere.

Yeah, he's really special. Too bad he's injured, that hurts.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I personally thought Karlsson would challenge for the title until he got hurt of course. Who's this Karosson you speak of or is that just some bad engrish? Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It'll be a big test to the team's character and leadership in how they bounce back from the humiliating loss to the Leafs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:It'll be a big test to the team's character and leadership in how they bounce back from the humiliating loss to the Leafs.

It's also a big test for Elliott. Does this shake his confidence or does he go on another run of excellent goal-tending?

- Unknown Author

Should be a good game tonight. Fans should be into it and hopefully they can avoid going home and starting a losing streak because it doesnt get any easier with The Caps coming to town then going off to Detroit.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
It's also a big test for Elliott. Does this shake his confidence or does he go on another run of excellent goal-tending?

Well that's the hallmark of a #1 NHL goalie, put a bad game behind you and get back to what you were doing that made you successful in the 1st place.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum