GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010

+18
M_Christopher
Hobiesens
asq2
Bramlet07
SensFan71
sens4win
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
PKC
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
TheAvatar
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Calgary @ Ottawa Feb 9, 2010

GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_lcap227%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_lcap27%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_lcap226%GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 Vote_rcap2 26% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

That first goal was def on him, Alfi had his man on the zone, D were in good position, Hagman was Spezza's guy on the back check and he was left screaming down the middle, I was at the game and was furious because it was just a lack of effort. A lot of blind passes that were made in some nasty area's of the ice. It wasnt pretty for a lot of reasons. To his credit he turned it around in the 2nd and 3rd when Cheechoo got thrown on his line.

I really do think Clouston won that game for The Sens because of how he got Spezza's game turned around a bit there. (along with Elliott)

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:That first goal was def on him, Alfi had his man on the zone, D were in good position, Hagman was Spezza's guy on the back check and he was left screaming down the middle, I was at the game and was furious because it was just a lack of effort. A lot of blind passes that were made in some nasty area's of the ice. It wasnt pretty for a lot of reasons. To his credit he turned it around in the 2nd and 3rd when Cheechoo got thrown on his line.

I really do think Clouston won that game for The Sens because of how he got Spezza's game turned around a bit there. (along with Elliott)

Fair enough, but really our whole D played a god-awful period there. And Spezza certainly did get his head on straight thereafter. That was a really strong second period from him (which, again, I would be saying even if it wasn't him who buried the empty-netter on that play).

There was another play where Spezza glided around the net and just layed his stick on the guy during a forcheck that was pathetic at best... after that you didnt see him gliding the rest of the game. Clouston def bit into him after that 1st because he was the worst player out there for The Sens. But again, to his credit he came back and played solid and scored the winner for his efforts.

Cant get over the play Kovy made on Iginla right at the end there, Kovy is awesome to watch and glad he is here another year at least. He's easily worth that 5 mil.

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:That first goal was def on him, Alfi had his man on the zone, D were in good position, Hagman was Spezza's guy on the back check and he was left screaming down the middle, I was at the game and was furious because it was just a lack of effort. A lot of blind passes that were made in some nasty area's of the ice. It wasnt pretty for a lot of reasons. To his credit he turned it around in the 2nd and 3rd when Cheechoo got thrown on his line.

Watch the highlights tonight. I watched that first goal a couple of times (PVR), and one of Alfie/Phillips missed the boat completely on that first Calgary goal. They both followed the same guy to the front of the net, leaving the trailer wide open. No way they should give up such an easy shot on a 3 on 3.

That was the far man and the 4th man in the zone, that was neither Alfi nor Phillips man.

EDIT: You're right there, Phillips took the wrong man. That wasnt on Spezza, my bad.

Last edited by N4L on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

rooneypoo wrote:To be fair, it was an awful period of hockey from our whole team, especially our D. Both teams, actually. Hard to single out Spezza on that one.

I'm not quite ready to anoint Karlsson our best D yet, but man oh man the others can't get the puck out of the zone worth poop. Passes behind the forwards, 10 feet in front, directly to the other team. That was not a pretty sight.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Kuba looks so soft and his passes look disinterested. I don't know if he's on some morphine or what, but he should switch to ecstasy.

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:That was the far man and the 4th man in the zone, that was neither Alfi nor Phillips man.

Like I said, I had it on PVR and watched it 3-4 times to make sure. Watch the play on the highlight, Hagman's the 3rd man in... That was a 3 on 3 the whole way.

EDIT: Oops, just saw your edit after I posted.

Last edited by ddt on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

marakh wrote:Kuba looks so soft and his passes look disinterested. I don't know if he's on some morphine or what, but he should switch to ecstasy.

I dont see how you cant deal Kuba in the off season to sign A Train. Just give A Train the 4 mil over 5 years and be done with it, deal Kuba and cap wise everything is fine.

Wasnt impressed with him at all tonight, so soft.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:That was the far man and the 4th man in the zone, that was neither Alfi nor Phillips man.

EDIT: You're right there, Phillips took the wrong man. That wasnt on Spezza, my bad.

Phillips looked pretty bad on both goals, the first in particular. He's earned a few gimmes, tho'.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Kuba looks so soft and his passes look disinterested. I don't know if he's on some morphine or what, but he should switch to ecstasy.

He looks SO slow lately, too. It's like he's got an injury or something.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm sad that Kuba has digressed back to pre-deadline form. I thought he had really turned things around. Diddle.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:No guys, number of games played is the 1st tie breaker.

Oh. :crossarms:

dont look now but new jersey only has 74 points in second place with 2 games at hand (the same number as buffalo)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PS Go Elliott. Wow. Should be sporting a 2.45ish GAA and a .913 save % with 20 wins. Excellent. RocknRoll

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

dont look now but new jersey only has 74 points in second place with 2 games at hand (the same number as buffalo)

Yeah, I noticed that too, how the heck did that happen? Ahhhhh!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Wow exercise bike interviews are back ! (end of TSN highlights)

I haven't seen those since the SCF run !

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too, how the heck did that happen? Ahhhhh!

They traded for a bust GAME DAY: Calgary Flames @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30 PM Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010 - Page 12 159628

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

He looks SO slow lately, too. It's like he's got an injury or something.

I was at the game and I actually thought Kuba had a strong game. I didn't notice him turning over the puck and in fact I remember, on a few occasions, him getting the Sens out of trouble in their own end.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum