GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA!

+35
pegsensfan
Number Twenty Nine
sens4win
SensGirl11
The Montagoose
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
beerandsens
Sens4thecup
Flo The Action
Phoenix30
BigRig
caissie_1
The Silfer Server
strachattack
rooneypoo
wprager
KidKarlsson
Urkie
SDH89
SensHulk
ddt
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
dennycrane
M_Christopher
Riprock
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

511TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Kubina sounds interesting, what would it take?

I'm wondering the same thing right now. O'Brien + Campoli? But, that doesn't clear the room necessary to take on his contract.

He'd be a nice fit here to say the least.

If you want Kubina that bad, I'm sure ATL would consider Cheechoo, Kelly and Picard for Kubina and Slater.

512TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:56 pm

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
I've been saying a LW since Day One. I don't see a problem with the defense. The coaching staff choose to have forwards man the point on the PP and that's their problem. We're deep when it comes to PMDs, Kuba, Karlsson, Campoli...

Karlsson is the only real good PMD we got. I'm disappointed at Campoli and Kuba this year. They're OK at best but for a real playoff run we could do better if the right deal comes along.

I'm ALL for getting a top notch LW'er, which is why I hoped we could land Kovalchuk somehow. We're good with former #1 Thrasher picks ... I'm sure he's not a headcase like Heatley Laugh1

We need to pair Spezza with a dangerous scorer... Michalek isn't quite cutting it
imho.
michalek is more of a second line LW. isnt frolov a up coming free agent ? all though he is not the best either

513TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:57 pm

sens4win

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing right now. O'Brien + Campoli? But, that doesn't clear the room necessary to take on his contract.

If you want Kubina that bad, I'm sure ATL would consider Cheechoo, Kelly and Picard for Kubina and Slater.
you guys want a former leaf on our team Ahhhhh!

514TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:He was a pending UFA, and now he's gone. With Vinny's contract, how can the sens fit that unless they go on somewhat of a firesale? Whitney is the likeliest big name.

With Volchenkov and Cheechoo gone, it solves that problem for next year at least. Then your Centers are Lecavalier, Spezza, Fisher, Kelly... What do you think happens next?

It's actually pretty easy to fit Lecavalier in.

If that particular trade scenario takes place, then yes. But we all know that ain't gonna happen, right? TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 159628

If we did get Lecavalier, imagine the reaction in Montreal.
TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 65556

We'd also need Markov and get Carboneau to replace Carvel. Then we'd have fires my friends.

515TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

sens4win wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

you guys want a former leaf on our team Ahhhhh!

nope, that sh!t just doesn't wash off.....

516TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Murray was on HockeyCentral at noon. Nice summary on HF:
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=23773895&postcount=4

-He is calling people (re trade) not sure if he will be active but can't imagine doing alot

- Figures post Olympics will be busier

- Dynamic of Deadline has not changed with the Olympic deadline as well, does help stimulate conversation

- Thinks there will be some talking during the olympic breaks re trades.

- Karlsson & Regin- Knew if they played in some games they would start making an impact on the team

- Karlsson has made stives they didn't imagine that he would make this soon. Defensive game improving. Creative individual with puck

- Lee is not the same type of player as Karlsson. More of a steady defensive player, good skater, with a good first pass. Going to be a good NHL'er for years to come. Wont get many points from him though

- Why offensive Defenceman are flourishing (goughty, Karlsson) and stay at home guys are struggling - Offensive players you expect more defenisve mistakes from, stay at home players play a different style.

- No progress on Volchy - They have talked to grossman (agent) - Murray has given numbers to Volchy's side, but they have not given numbers to Murray yet.

- Balance to have to decide on how much to pay defensive players.

- Trade Deadline - aiming at getting a goal scorer is the main thing. Has enough defensman, but he may look at that if there is a "different type of player available"

- Might goto Florida during Olympics

517TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:59 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Cheechoo and Picard fine but I'm not trading Kelly

518TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Cheechoo and Picard fine but I'm not trading Kelly

So you think we're going to move untradeable and worthless players to get anything of value in return?

519TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

frolov!!! frolov!!! HappyDance1

520TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:frolov!!! frolov!!! HappyDance1

LA's looking to add though, not subtract.

521TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

As the playoffs approach, Leclaire is running out of time to get his crap together. He'll definately get to play but unless he plays lights out like Elliott it's hard not to give Elliott the nod.

522TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 62136 Murray's tooting Lee's horn. I wonder if that would be to get his value up a little?... TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 663118

523TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:24 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:
I know Murray kicked the tires a little, but was Boyle willing to waive NTC to come to Ottawa??

I hate to tell you this Michallica...but Boyle was IN Ottawa at the time, working out with Grecko or whatever that place is called. He was telling people there that he was coming here for sure, but was then told by his agent that Ottawa couldn't do it, but the other team he'd waive his NTC was putting a package together. He was upset of course, his heart was here, he's an Ottawa boy, he was excited to join a team with Spezza, Alfredsson and Heatley not to mention the others.

This comes from people who were there, heard this happen. It's all quite sad IMO...although, I guess it worked out for him.

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 58823

524TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:As the playoffs approach, Leclaire is running out of time to get his crap together. He'll definately get to play but unless he plays lights out like Elliott it's hard not to give Elliott the nod.

He needs about 8 straight starts and he'll be back to being quite good again. But Elliott carried this team to the 11 wins in a row and to a playoff spot (for now). How do you deny Elliott the starts?

That's a real issue IMO. It's tough for Clouston to justify going with Leclaire, but Leclaire is the guy that could get on an uber roll like Elliott.

Such weird Dung... TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 805406

525TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

yes that is why we give them cheecho

526TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Clouston's job is easy, you play the hot goalie.

Elliott should get the nod right now, Leclaire will get his chance. If he plays well you play him again and see if he can keep it up.

527TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

yes that is why we give them cheecho

Would you make that trade if you were LA? Be honest now...

528TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:As the playoffs approach, Leclaire is running out of time to get his crap together. He'll definately get to play but unless he plays lights out like Elliott it's hard not to give Elliott the nod.

He needs about 8 straight starts and he'll be back to being quite good again. But Elliott carried this team to the 11 wins in a row and to a playoff spot (for now). How do you deny Elliott the starts?

That's a real issue IMO. It's tough for Clouston to justify going with Leclaire, but Leclaire is the guy that could get on an uber roll like Elliott.

Such weird Dung... TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 35 805406

Like I said before - play Leclaire of the non-televised Isles game. It's a safe environment and it should give him a boost of confidence with a win. Then you have a big layoff and it's almost like starting from scratch on who you go with.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum