GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA!

+35
pegsensfan
Number Twenty Nine
sens4win
SensGirl11
The Montagoose
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
beerandsens
Sens4thecup
Flo The Action
Phoenix30
BigRig
caissie_1
The Silfer Server
strachattack
rooneypoo
wprager
KidKarlsson
Urkie
SDH89
SensHulk
ddt
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
dennycrane
M_Christopher
Riprock
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:Even so, Vinny has an NTC and doesn't want to leave TB so trading him isn't as easy as internet rumourmongers make it sound.

How did the exact same thing work out for Danny Boyle?

That makes me mad to this day. Oh no, we can't pay Boyle that kind of money into his late thirties. No sir.

What would it have cost us? Mezaros and a 2nd rounder - maybe even Mez straight up. Did you like what you saw from Karlsson so far? Well this is Karlsson 8 years from now and he could have been ours.

497TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:20 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Completely worth overpaying for Lecavalier for that reason alone. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Hahaha that's soooo true TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 62136 TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 95132

498TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Just because it worked for Boyle don't necessarily mean it'll work for Vinny.

I also think it'd be a mistake to commit that much money for 2 centers when we're weaker on the wing. You want be like the Penguins ? 2 top centres and no wingers ?

Fish is awesome as #2 centre so unless we move Spezza it makes no sense to pay that much for a #2 centre ... even so why take on a MORE expensive older centre. We're better off making a run at Kovalchuk on July 1st, have Spezza playing with an elite sniper again.

And I don't see Eugene taking on such a contract after what happened this summer. Let's not forget he signs the paycheques.

Last edited by Hoags on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

499TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:22 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Kubina sounds interesting, what would it take?

500TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:22 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The only real way to do a Lecavalier deal for Ottawa is to do:

Fisher + Leclaire + Cheechoo + Wericioch + 1st 2010

for

Lecavalier + Smith

Unfortunately trades like that rarely, if ever, happen.

501TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:23 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:Even so, Vinny has an NTC and doesn't want to leave TB so trading him isn't as easy as internet rumourmongers make it sound.

That makes me mad to this day. Oh no, we can't pay Boyle that kind of money into his late thirties. No sir.

What would it have cost us? Mezaros and a 2nd rounder - maybe even Mez straight up. Did you like what you saw from Karlsson so far? Well this is Karlsson 8 years from now and he could have been ours.

I know Murray kicked the tires a little, but was Boyle willing to waive NTC to come to Ottawa??

502TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Just because it worked for Boyle don't necessarily mean it'll work for Vinny.

I also think it'd be a mistake to commit that much money for 2 centers when we're weaker on the wing. You want be like the Penguins ? 2 top centres and no wingers ?

Fish is awesome as #2 centre so unless we move Spezza it makes no sense to pay that much for a #2 centre ... even so why take on a MORE expensive older centre. We're better off making a run at Kovalchuk on July 1st.

And I don't see Eugene taking on such a contract after what happened this summer. Let's not forget he signs the paycheques.

Awesomer than Lecavalier? If you're that worried about age, Fisher is the same age as Lecavalier. Just trade Fish before he's in line for a 5 million dollar deal. Cool

503TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:27 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Awesomer than Lecavalier? If you're that worried about age, Fisher is the same age as Lecavalier. Just trade Fish before he's in line for a 5 million dollar deal. Cool

It's a waste for Vinny to be anything other than #1.

And Fish @ 5M is still cheaper than Vinny, plus he comes with Carrie Nod

504TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

It's a waste for Vinny to be anything other than #1.

And Fish @ 5M is still cheaper than Vinny, plus he comes with Carrie Nod

It's a waste for the Ottawa Senators to be spending to the Cap for anything less than the best players available.

505TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
It's a waste for the Ottawa Senators to be spending to the Cap for anything less than the best players available.

We don't even know if he is available, not to mention I think we should be shoring up our defense or wingers before acquiring another pricey centre.

If we're gonna be big spenders at the deadline I'd say get a PMD (so we don't rely on a 19-year old rookie) or a sniper.

506TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
I know Murray kicked the tires a little, but was Boyle willing to waive NTC to come to Ottawa??

I hate to tell you this Michallica...but Boyle was IN Ottawa at the time, working out with Grecko or whatever that place is called. He was telling people there that he was coming here for sure, but was then told by his agent that Ottawa couldn't do it, but the other team he'd waive his NTC was putting a package together. He was upset of course, his heart was here, he's an Ottawa boy, he was excited to join a team with Spezza, Alfredsson and Heatley not to mention the others.

This comes from people who were there, heard this happen. It's all quite sad IMO...although, I guess it worked out for him.

507TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:41 pm

PKC wrote:The only real way to do a Lecavalier deal for Ottawa is to do:

Fisher + Leclaire + Cheechoo + Wericioch + 1st 2010

for

Lecavalier + Smith

Unfortunately trades like that rarely, if ever, happen.

I think you can through Lee in there instead of Wiercoich, a team will prob want more of a proven guy in all honesty. Who knows though and this is all prob just some BS but keep in mind Vinny is pretty hard to move at this point with that salary.

508TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:Kubina sounds interesting, what would it take?

I'm wondering the same thing right now. O'Brien + Campoli? But, that doesn't clear the room necessary to take on his contract.

He'd be a nice fit here to say the least.

509TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

We don't even know if he is available, not to mention I think we should be shoring up our defense or wingers before acquiring another pricey centre.

If we're gonna be big spenders at the deadline I'd say get a PMD (so we don't rely on a 19-year old rookie) or a sniper.

I've been saying a LW since Day One. I don't see a problem with the defense. The coaching staff choose to have forwards man the point on the PP and that's their problem. We're deep when it comes to PMDs, Kuba, Karlsson, Campoli...

510TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I've been saying a LW since Day One. I don't see a problem with the defense. The coaching staff choose to have forwards man the point on the PP and that's their problem. We're deep when it comes to PMDs, Kuba, Karlsson, Campoli...

Karlsson is the only real good PMD we got. I'm disappointed at Campoli and Kuba this year. They're OK at best but for a real playoff run we could do better if the right deal comes along.

I'm ALL for getting a top notch LW'er, which is why I hoped we could land Kovalchuk somehow. We're good with former #1 Thrasher picks ... I'm sure he's not a headcase like Heatley Laugh1

We need to pair Spezza with a dangerous scorer... Michalek isn't quite cutting it imho.

511TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:53 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing right now. O'Brien + Campoli? But, that doesn't clear the room necessary to take on his contract.

If you want Kubina that bad, I'm sure ATL would consider Cheechoo, Kelly and Picard for Kubina and Slater.

512TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:56 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Karlsson is the only real good PMD we got. I'm disappointed at Campoli and Kuba this year. They're OK at best but for a real playoff run we could do better if the right deal comes along.

I'm ALL for getting a top notch LW'er, which is why I hoped we could land Kovalchuk somehow. We're good with former #1 Thrasher picks ... I'm sure he's not a headcase like Heatley Laugh1

We need to pair Spezza with a dangerous scorer... Michalek isn't quite cutting it
imho.
michalek is more of a second line LW. isnt frolov a up coming free agent ? all though he is not the best either

513TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 34 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:57 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

If you want Kubina that bad, I'm sure ATL would consider Cheechoo, Kelly and Picard for Kubina and Slater.
you guys want a former leaf on our team Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum