GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA!

+35
pegsensfan
Number Twenty Nine
sens4win
SensGirl11
The Montagoose
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
beerandsens
Sens4thecup
Flo The Action
Phoenix30
BigRig
caissie_1
The Silfer Server
strachattack
rooneypoo
wprager
KidKarlsson
Urkie
SDH89
SensHulk
ddt
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
asq2
TheAvatar
dennycrane
M_Christopher
Riprock
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

751TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Carrie spends probably less time in Nashville than Fisher in Ottawa, so I odn't think that's relevant. Plus, Mike Fisher is seriously not that kind of guy.

I doubt Fisher would ask for a trade but Nashville might make an offer that would be tough to turn down too.

752TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dallas claims Brandon Segal on waivers from LA. NJ's Mike McKenna clears. NYR put Donald Brashear on waivers.

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

753TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:04 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Dallas claims Brandon Segal on waivers from LA. NJ's Mike McKenna clears. NYR put Donald Brashear on waivers.

Because he demanded a trade. That's funny.

754TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:06 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Brashear!! Laughing3

755TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:06 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Dallas claims Brandon Segal on waivers from LA. NJ's Mike McKenna clears. NYR put Donald Brashear on waivers.

Does he even get any playing time on that sad-sack Dung of team?

756TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:07 pm

I just figured Carrie makes a significant amount of money more than Fisher and figured when she wasn't on tour and Fisher wasn't playing on the road they'd probably be closer to where her career is. Not necessarily in Tennessee but somewhere close by to reduce the amount of travel. Not saying Fisher is going to request a trade, just wouldn't be surprised if it did happen down the line.

757TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Because he demanded a trade. That's funny.

Lehtinen on his way out?

758TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Either way if the Sens wanted to make a splash and acquire a big name player I think now's the time to do it.

I think my argument can be backed with BM's attempt at getting Kovalchuk. Apparently he wasn't that far off...

759TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:I just figured Carrie makes a significant amount of money more than Fisher and figured when she wasn't on tour and Fisher wasn't playing on the road they'd probably be closer to where her career is. Not necessarily in Tennessee but somewhere close by to reduce the amount of travel. Not saying Fisher is going to request a trade, just wouldn't be surprised if it did happen down the line.

I don't really see that line of argument holding up. But, at the same time, if Nashville, say, was willing to offer us Shea Weber for Fisher and Fisher didn't have a problem with moving to Nashville, I'd find that offer hard to refuse.

But that's a really low-chance scenario, and I don't think either will want to be moving right now, not especially when they are both in the midst of reaching the peak of their respective careers.

760TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:Either way if the Sens wanted to make a splash and acquire a big name player I think now's the time to do it.

I think my argument can be backed with BM's attempt at getting Kovalchuk. Apparently he wasn't that far off...

Agreed. Not to mention the total of 4 playoff games for the last 2 years.

761TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Only guy I could see coming here would be Kubina and there would be a roster player like Campoli or Picard going back as well, probably Campoli if I was guessing. Might have to throw in a Cody Bass there but thats about as big a splash as Murray will make.

762TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:19 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Only guy I could see coming here would be Kubina and there would be a roster player like Campoli or Picard going back as well, probably Campoli if I was guessing. Might have to throw in a Cody Bass there but thats about as big a splash as Murray will make.

I think something interesting could be developing between Ottawa and the Islanders.

Roloson and Sutton for Leclaire and Lee.

763TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?Team=23&date=2010-02-11

We have 1.1 million in cap space, that's a 3.5 million dollar player + Picard's 880K which means 4.2+. We have space to make a move for sure.

764TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

They do in Ottawa.

I guess I'm wrong. As long as you can shut down the opposition, scoring goals isn't necessary.

You know what they say -- good team D wins you championships. Subtract Volchenkov in particular strikes me as a very, very dangerous proposition. You'd have to find a replacement, immediately, and he's have to be able to play top-4 minutes for about the same dollar price. Not an easy bill to fill.

765TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:23 pm

I would prefere to take Biron because he can be resigned and is absolutely a reliable backup. Roloson might be getting a bit old but I dont see LEclaire going to NYI, Dipetro is their guy, they wont be carrying another goaltender outside of Rolo. Not to mention they have drafted 2 or 3 goaltenders in the last 2 drafts and are hoping they strike gold at some point.

I also wouldnt want to trade Leclaire right now, he's going to push Elliott, Im really against that at this point.

As for Sutton, him and Carkner might make the meanest 5, 6 pairing in the league but might be a bit too slow together. I still think Kubina is a guy that would help out more then a Sutton in terms of what The Sens need.

766TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I don't see Fisher pulling a Heatley asking for a trade to Nashville. He's a good guy and has already denied it.

But it makes too much sense for Nashville to go all out and get him since the Carrie publicity would be huge for them (in a non-hockey market).

I agree with N4L about goaltending, let Leclaire and Elliott drive each other, although I think Elliott has the best shot at being #1 here.

Last edited by Hoags on Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

767TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:25 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:I would prefere to take Biron because he can be resigned and is absolutely a reliable backup. Roloson might be getting a bit old but I dont see LEclaire going to NYI, Dipetro is their guy, they wont be carrying another goaltender outside of Rolo. Not to mention they have drafted 2 or 3 goaltenders in the last 2 drafts and are hoping they strike gold at some point.

I also wouldnt want to trade Leclaire right now, he's going to push Elliott, Im really against that at this point.

As for Sutton, him and Carkner might make the meanest 5, 6 pairing in the league but might be a bit too slow together. I still think Kubina is a guy that would help out more then a Sutton in terms of what The Sens need.

I'd take Roloson over Biron because he's more of the wily veteran with experience in the Cup Finals that you need pushing Elliott in my opinion.

It would be nice to have a guy behind your starter who's proven he can get the job done when the pressure is on.

768TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! - Page 51 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA! Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:26 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

I might have believed this before until I saw Toronto trade both Toskala AND Blake for a former Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup winning goaltender.

Sure, the signing of Hiller created a situation where that trade works, but the fact is, trades these days can't happen unless relatively even money is headed both ways.

It's an inevitable fact. Cheechoo in a deal for say Penner would have to happen if that deal could ever materialize. Whether Edmonton likes it or not, they HAVE to take at least some salary back in the trade.

By the way, I'm still firmly of the belief that Ottawa and Edmonton will be trading this year and that Penner, Cheechoo and potentially Leclaire will be involved in the trade.

Yeah, that's fair, I suppose. I don't want to think about what else we'd have to include with Cheechoo to make it work -- I'm all for NOT trading 1sts or meaningful prospects or any of the emerging kids.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum