GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

+13
TheAvatar
Hoags
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
PKC
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SDH89
beerandsens
M_Christopher
PTFlea
asq2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:21 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:It's the following year after that has people not interested in him.

Rentals are normally pending free agents, because the team has no obligation to them after the season.

Cheechoo was a salary dump by SJ and is now Ottawa's problem.

However...Kotalik was part of a trade to Calgary and he has TWO more years at 3 million and is every bit the bust that Cheechoo is (more actually IMO). That changed the landscape a lot IMO.

Maybe Calgary wants him around? Or maybe he is going somewhere else? Or maybe it is just because Kotalik hates NY and wants out and Calgary has to take him?

47Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd make one of those "other things" Iggy, at this point. But I guess he has a no-move?

You don't even want to hazard a guess on what that price would be. Ahhhhh!

48Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Dash wrote:It's the following year after that has people not interested in him.

Rentals are normally pending free agents, because the team has no obligation to them after the season.

Cheechoo was a salary dump by SJ and is now Ottawa's problem.

However...Kotalik was part of a trade to Calgary and he has TWO more years at 3 million and is every bit the bust that Cheechoo is (more actually IMO). That changed the landscape a lot IMO.

Maybe Calgary wants him around? Or maybe he is going somewhere else? Or maybe it is just because Kotalik hates NY and wants out and Calgary has to take him?

Maybe Calgary (or insert another team) wants Cheechoo around...

49Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:I would never trade Iginla. Would Ottawa trade Alfredsson?

Maybe the guy that Calgary goes after is Vinny? Remember Higgins was a part of that trade, wasn't he?

I'm not you and you're not Ottawa. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 270956

You're right, though. It's tough to believe that CGY thinks Stajan is the Center of their dreams.

50Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:25 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezzD already mentioned it but I just can't believe there's a trade market for Kotalik.

When he signed in the summer I orginally misread the report and thought he had signed for 3 years at 1 milllion per -- I thought that was too much.

For 3 million dollars this guy is wayyy to 1 dimensional.

Sutter has lost his mind.

51Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:26 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Maybe the guy that Calgary goes after is Vinny? Remember Higgins was a part of that trade, wasn't he?

I'm not you and you're not Ottawa. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 270956

You're right, though. It's tough to believe that CGY thinks Stajan is the Center of their dreams.

Joke-inen has zero chemistry with Iginla though. They've tried all sorts of wingers with them and nothing is working. It's clearly a chemistry issue between the two of them. If they can move Olli and bring in the required pieces for Kovalchuk, then it doesn't matter who's at centre between those two. You could put Gordie Howe there (and he's 112 years old) he'd produce.

52Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:27 am

SDH89 wrote:SpezzD already mentioned it but I just can't believe there's a trade market for Kotalik.

When he signed in the summer I orginally misread the report and thought he had signed for 3 years at 1 milllion per -- I thought that was too much.

For 3 million dollars this guy is wayyy to 1 dimensional.

Sutter has lost his mind.

And that one dimension is playing the point on the PP. That's not saying much for a forward.

53Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Joke-inen has zero chemistry with Iginla though. They've tried all sorts of wingers with them and nothing is working. It's clearly a chemistry issue between the two of them. If they can move Olli and bring in the required pieces for Kovalchuk, then it doesn't matter who's at centre between those two. You could put Gordie Howe there (and he's 112 years old) he'd produce.

And Stajan does fancy himself a playmaker. Maybe that's it then.

54Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:29 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

There may be a team that would take Cheechoo, maybe not. Likely if they do it is because they are getting something really important and again Cheechoo is just a throw in.

I suspect if there was interest, SJ wouldn't have had such a difficult time moving him.

Back to Kotalik, I recall being pretty surprised by the signing. I thought it was a bad deal, too expensive, and I remember many people (maybe not here cause I couldn't find posts) disagreeing with me saying it was a great deal. I thought the Rangers should have just kept Zherdev, or at least given Grachev a serious shot. Guess I was right afterall. Must have been those smart fans over at TSN.

55Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't even really care about trade Cheechoo any more, I think he might be of use the rest of this year...but Murray has to at least make some calls now that Kotalik was 'traded'. If we could plug Whitney in Cheechoo's spot...well, that's more than a slight upgrade to say the least.

56Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't even really care about trade Cheechoo any more, I think he might be of use the rest of this year...but Murray has to at least make some calls now that Kotalik was 'traded'. If we could plug Whitney in Cheechoo's spot...well, that's more than a slight upgrade to say the least.

Nor do I. I firmly believe that he's an asset on a playoff team.

57Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I don't even really care about trade Cheechoo any more, I think he might be of use the rest of this year...but Murray has to at least make some calls now that Kotalik was 'traded'. If we could plug Whitney in Cheechoo's spot...well, that's more than a slight upgrade to say the least.

Especially if you have a significant injury in the top six. I would advocate putting Cheechoo with Fisher and Kovalev from here on, but Regin is just so damn cool and good that that's gonna be hard.

He needs 20 games with Fisher and Kovalev for us to see if he can do anything.

58Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:35 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Funny you mention that, cause that's exactly what I did in NHL 10 Laughing3 Cheechoo for Whitney straight up.

59Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:36 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Especially if you have a significant injury in the top six. I would advocate putting Cheechoo with Fisher and Kovalev from here on, but Regin is just so damn cool and good that that's gonna be hard.

He needs 20 games with Fisher and Kovalev for us to see if he can do anything.

Won't happen. He won't be put in a scoring role but he'll be fine on the forecheck on the 3rd or 4th line.

60Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:41 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Funny you mention that, cause that's exactly what I did in NHL 10 Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 62136 Cheechoo for Whitney straight up.

You're close. But sources tell me that Kelly, Cheechoo and Kuba will be dealt for The Wizard, Pitkanen and Rod the Bod.

Stay tuned.

61Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:57 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You seem to say that a lot, and I can never to if you're being facetious or not...

62Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:You seem to say that a lot, and I can never to if you're being facetious or not...

If I had any idea what fecesitious meant, I would answer that. Let's just say I'm full of Dung, but that deal would make a lot of sense.

63Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 4 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:02 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Dash wrote:You seem to say that a lot, and I can never to if you're being facetious or not...

If I had any idea what fecesitious meant, I would answer that. Let's just say I'm full of Dung, but that deal would make a lot of sense.

It would if Carolina wanted any part in Cheechoo which I'm sure they don't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum