GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

+13
TheAvatar
Hoags
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
PKC
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SDH89
beerandsens
M_Christopher
PTFlea
asq2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

31Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Is Sutter making a run at Kovalchuk ?

Until this happened I think he was. Waddell apparently like Higgins as one of the pieces. Whatever, just replace Kotalik with someone else and waive Kotalik.

32Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:01 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:The deal is off for now. Jokinen will play tonight vs. Philly, possibly Prust as well, but it could be Grat's. Not sure if it is Calgary backing out, or Kotalik refusing to waive. Bob McK commented over on TSN via twitter.

Unbelievable. Truly unreal, what happened there? The players were informed, everything looked like it was happening and they're playing tonight? Wow.

33Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:03 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does anyone think that because Kotalik was 'traded' (before it all went to Dung) - that there might actually be a market for Cheechoo?

34Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:04 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Does anyone think that because Kotalik was 'traded' (before it all went to Dung) - that there might actually be a market for Cheechoo?

I think there's a market for Cheechoo regardless.

35Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:07 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Then let's be fair. Cheechoo and Picard are probably gone. That's 4 million dollars, that's one fun pending-UFA winger. Not sure who, but let the speculation begin. As much as I I love you Shannon, he'll be fine not cracking the top 6 again because we've acquired someone.

36Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Perhaps in Europe ... where all washed NHLers go.

Either buying him out or getting rid of via re-entry waivers are the only 2 possibilities I see for us getting rid of him.

His effort and attitude aren't even in question ... he physically can't put up the numbers so there's no hope for a fresh start on another team. He is what he is now.

37Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Perhaps in Europe ... where all washed NHLers go.

Either buying him out or getting rid of via re-entry waivers are the only 2 possibilities I see for us getting rid of him.

His effort and attitude aren't even in question ... he physically can't put up the numbers so there's no hope for a fresh start on another team. He is what he is now.

A playoff team that's looking for an extra physical presence and character would be foolish not to consider acquiring Cheechoo.

38Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:16 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Word is Calgary is holding off on trade as long as Rangers are offering Gillroy. Calgary wants Hggins along w/ Kotalik for Jokinen/Prust
Strickland 1 minute ago from web

Gilroy over Higgins? Okay, that's great. Diddle man, Higgins is being flipped (with a ton of other things) for Kovalchuk for sure.

39Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:17 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's the following year after that has people not interested in him.

Rentals are normally pending free agents, because the team has no obligation to them after the season.

Cheechoo was a salary dump by SJ and is now Ottawa's problem.

40Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:19 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Word is Calgary is holding off on trade as long as Rangers are offering Gillroy. Calgary wants Hggins along w/ Kotalik for Jokinen/Prust

Gilroy over Higgins? Okay, that's great. Diddle man, Higgins is being flipped (with a ton of other things) for Kovalchuk for sure.

I'd make one of those "other things" Iggy, at this point. But I guess he has a no-move?

41Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:19 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Word is Calgary is holding off on trade as long as Rangers are offering Gillroy. Calgary wants Hggins along w/ Kotalik for Jokinen/Prust

What the hell is wrong with NY trying to trade a guy they just signed out of college? They just signed him April 17, not even a year ago.

42Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:It's the following year after that has people not interested in him.

Rentals are normally pending free agents, because the team has no obligation to them after the season.

However...Kotalik was part of a trade to Calgary and he has TWO more years at 3 million and is every bit the bust that Cheechoo is (more actually IMO). That changed the landscape a lot IMO.

43Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I would never trade Iginla. Would Ottawa trade Alfredsson?

Maybe the guy that Calgary goes after is Vinny? Remember Higgins was a part of that trade, wasn't he?

44Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am

Dash wrote:

What the hell is wrong with NY trying to trade a guy they just signed out of college? They just signed him April 17, not even a year ago.

Glen Sather.

'nuff said.

45Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:

Sather is mentally deficient and has lost all semblance of what a salary cap means.

46Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:21 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

However...Kotalik was part of a trade to Calgary and he has TWO more years at 3 million and is every bit the bust that Cheechoo is (more actually IMO). That changed the landscape a lot IMO.

Maybe Calgary wants him around? Or maybe he is going somewhere else? Or maybe it is just because Kotalik hates NY and wants out and Calgary has to take him?

47Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd make one of those "other things" Iggy, at this point. But I guess he has a no-move?

You don't even want to hazard a guess on what that price would be. Ahhhhh!

48Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 3 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Maybe Calgary wants him around? Or maybe he is going somewhere else? Or maybe it is just because Kotalik hates NY and wants out and Calgary has to take him?

Maybe Calgary (or insert another team) wants Cheechoo around...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum