GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

+13
TheAvatar
Hoags
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
PKC
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SDH89
beerandsens
M_Christopher
PTFlea
asq2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

61Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:57 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

You seem to say that a lot, and I can never to if you're being facetious or not...

62Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:You seem to say that a lot, and I can never to if you're being facetious or not...

If I had any idea what fecesitious meant, I would answer that. Let's just say I'm full of Dung, but that deal would make a lot of sense.

63Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:02 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Dash wrote:You seem to say that a lot, and I can never to if you're being facetious or not...

If I had any idea what fecesitious meant, I would answer that. Let's just say I'm full of Dung, but that deal would make a lot of sense.

It would if Carolina wanted any part in Cheechoo which I'm sure they don't.

64Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

A playoff team that's looking for an extra physical presence and character would be foolish not to consider acquiring Cheechoo.

Not at $3M/season unless we split the cost via re-entry. Even then It would have to be a GM with Mike Milbury/Glen Sather genes in his family tree Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 270956.

Cheechoo sucks and seems to drag down the others on his line. He never lasts more than a game with our top-6 forwards.

65Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:08 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

My question is, if Calgary wanted Kovalchuk or Lecavalier, why all of these moves? Why not just move Phaneuf for Kovalchuk or Lecavalier straight-up, and then dump Jokinen for some depth if need be?

66Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

A playoff team that's looking for an extra physical presence and character would be foolish not to consider acquiring Cheechoo.

Not at $3M/season unless we split the cost via re-entry. Even then It would have to be a GM with Mike Milbury/Glen Sather genes in his family tree Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 270956.

Cheechoo sucks and seems to drag down the others on his line. He never lasts more than a game with our top-6 forwards.

Our top-6 forwards must be doing a super job making players around them better in that case.

67Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Thank you. I couldn't agree more with that statement. Cheechoo is dung

68Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

IMHO It's not that he sucks but he just doesn't fit with our team or the system.

He's too slow to be involved in the play, he hits well and is an effective screen in front of the net neither of which make him a standout.

69Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:IMHO It's not that he sucks but he just doesn't fit with our team or the system.

He's too slow to be involved in the play, he hits well and is an effective screen in front of the net neither of which make him a standout.

He does but we're thin on wing so we're counting on getting too much out of him. Where are all these expectations coming from?

70Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I want my 56 goals; dang it

71Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

He does but we're thin on wing so we're counting on getting too much out of him. Where are all these expectations coming from?

When the Heatley trade was announced, Murray said we expect 20 goals out him. He's not going to get that.

Clouston won't play him in the top-6 either, even the coach doesn't think he can be a scorer. Our entire top line was out and Clouston still had him on the 3rd or 4th.

He's been the most effective with Kelly and Ruutu as a bump and grind line who can score some goals, he did well on the road trip out west but he's never been able to get on a roll.

He's a bust in pretty much every sense of the word.

72Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:36 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

TheAvatar wrote:I want my 56 goals; dang it

I'd settle for half of that!!!

73Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:38 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

When the Heatley trade was announced, Murray said we expect 20 goals out him. He's not going to get that.

Clouston won't play him in the top-6 either, even the coach doesn't think he can be a scorer. Our entire top line was out and Clouston still had him on the 3rd or 4th.

He's been the most effective with Kelly and Ruutu as a bump and grind line who can score some goals, he did well on the road trip out west but he's never been able to get on a roll.

He's a bust in pretty much every sense of the word.

He's also leading the league in what I'd call "almost scored goals" where he was either robbed by a ridiculous save (think Atlanta, for example) or he hit a post/crossbar (at least 10 times this year, by my estimation).

Yes, his point contribution and goal output is pathetic for someone making that much, but he hasn't been a bust so much as the recipient of lots of bad luck.

74Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Dash wrote:Funny you mention that, cause that's exactly what I did in NHL 10 Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 62136 Cheechoo for Whitney straight up.

You're close. But sources tell me that Kelly, Cheechoo and Kuba will be dealt for The Wizard, Pitkanen and Rod the Bod.

Stay tuned.

I would think about that deal pretty long and hard as much as I like Kelly.

75Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:My question is, if Calgary wanted Kovalchuk or Lecavalier, why all of these moves? Why not just move Phaneuf for Kovalchuk or Lecavalier straight-up, and then dump Jokinen for some depth if need be?

Phaneuf for Lecalavlier or Kovalchuk straight up? I dunno...

76Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

77Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:My question is, if Calgary wanted Kovalchuk or Lecavalier, why all of these moves? Why not just move Phaneuf for Kovalchuk or Lecavalier straight-up, and then dump Jokinen for some depth if need be?

I don't think they want either, it would appear. But judging by what they got for Phaneuf, I don't think a Phaneuf for Lecavalier/Kovalchuk trade was ever an option.

I'm guessing they want to create space to re-sign Bourque and Boyd and potentially Stajan if he plays well. And I'm guessing guys like Nemisz and White will have full-time spots on the team next year.

Maybe they are just trying to be prudent financially.

The free agents after Kovalchuk are pretty thin, to understate it. If they don't get him, assuming that's what they are doing, I don't imagine they'd be going after anyone else.

78Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

Get off the crack pipe...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum