GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

+13
TheAvatar
Hoags
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
PKC
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SDH89
beerandsens
M_Christopher
PTFlea
asq2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

76Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

77Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:My question is, if Calgary wanted Kovalchuk or Lecavalier, why all of these moves? Why not just move Phaneuf for Kovalchuk or Lecavalier straight-up, and then dump Jokinen for some depth if need be?

I don't think they want either, it would appear. But judging by what they got for Phaneuf, I don't think a Phaneuf for Lecavalier/Kovalchuk trade was ever an option.

I'm guessing they want to create space to re-sign Bourque and Boyd and potentially Stajan if he plays well. And I'm guessing guys like Nemisz and White will have full-time spots on the team next year.

Maybe they are just trying to be prudent financially.

The free agents after Kovalchuk are pretty thin, to understate it. If they don't get him, assuming that's what they are doing, I don't imagine they'd be going after anyone else.

78Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

Get off the crack pipe...

79Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Fan 960 Calgary and they said tomorrow they are expected to announce Kovalchuk for Kotalik, Boyd and 1st round pick (2011).

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

Seriously. I could crap out a better proposal.

80Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

I know I have. Multiple times. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 542150

81Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:48 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

It's just not possible...that's a worse return than Hossa and Heatley got, and by most estimations, Kovalchuk is the more desirable player.

82Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

SD says:

Worst trade in history.

I know I have. Multiple times. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 542150

I might have to go...and made a trade proposal right this minute... Ahhhhh!

83Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
He's also leading the league in what I'd call "almost scored goals" where he was either robbed by a ridiculous save (think Atlanta, for example) or he hit a post/crossbar (at least 10 times this year, by my estimation).

Yes, his point contribution and goal output is pathetic for someone making that much, but he hasn't been a bust so much as the recipient of lots of bad luck.

I used to believe that but we're 56 games and still no change, same old Cheech.

The fact that Clouston doesn't trust him with top-6 or PP minutes tells me it's more than just bad luck, he's not cut out for that kind of role.

Even when Cheech scores, he doesn't get promoted like other players do (Shannon, Regin).

84Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That proposal is mentally challenged...when LA would probably offer at least Frolov + a pick. And by my count Frolov >>>>>>>>>>> Kotalik + Boyd + 1st. And that's just Frolov on his own, with nothing else attached. That's how bad that deal is.

Diddle it. Cheechoo>>>>>>Kotalik + Boyd + 1st

85Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:That proposal is mentally challenged...when LA would probably offer at least Frolov + a pick. And by my count Frolov >>>>>>>>>>> Kotalik + Boyd + 1st. And that's just Frolov on his own, with nothing else attached. That's how bad that deal is.

Sold!!! Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 6 593227

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cheech for Kotalik might work .. one $3M disappointment for another, altho Cheech has only 1 more left, Kotalik does not.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:That proposal is mentally challenged...when LA would probably offer at least Frolov + a pick. And by my count Frolov >>>>>>>>>>> Kotalik + Boyd + 1st. And that's just Frolov on his own, with nothing else attached. That's how bad that deal is.

it wouldn't surprise me if Atlanta and L.A traded frolov ( dont know what else ) for kovalchuk. the GM of Atlanta has now been at a few L.A games. and no i have no source

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

it wouldn't surprise me if Atlanta and L.A traded frolov ( dont know what else ) for kovalchuk. the GM of Atlanta has now been at a few L.A games. and no i have no source

The question I would have is: why Frolov? He's pending UFA. I would insist on a huge package of fun Dung if I was Atlanta. They can start by sending Teubert, Moller, and a 1st. I'll be really nice and let them keep Schenn.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
sens4win wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The question I would have is: why Frolov? He's pending UFA. I would insist on a huge package of fun Dung if I was Atlanta. They can start by sending Teubert, Moller, and a 1st. I'll be really nice and let them keep Schenn.
i would want doughty no way i would get him i would want kopitar slim chance but faire trade a first probable and schenn for the fun of it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:i would want doughty no way i would get him i would want kopitar slim chance but faire trade a first probable and schenn for the fun of it.

That dial tone you hear is LA hanging up on you. They need Kopitar to challenge for the Cup.

Only non-roster players please!

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
sens4win wrote:i would want doughty no way i would get him i would want kopitar slim chance but faire trade a first probable and schenn for the fun of it.

That dial tone you hear is LA hanging up on you. They need Kopitar to challenge for the Cup.

Only non-roster players please!
thats what burke should have been hearing on sunday

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:thats what burke should have been hearing on sunday

I'm not sure...that could have been the shrewdest trade ever. Phaneuf was the black plague eating at the locker room of the Flames and Sutter got back Hagman (great player, great character), White (good player, awesome character), Stajan (decent player, good character).

The other black plague? Olli Jokinen, who's probably playing one of his last games ever as a Flame. He's gone by the deadline.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
sens4win wrote:thats what burke should have been hearing on sunday

I'm not sure...that could have been the shrewdest trade ever. Phaneuf was the black plague eating at the locker room of the Flames and Sutter got back Hagman (great player, great character), White (good player, awesome character), Stajan (decent player, good character).

The other black plague? Olli Jokinen, who's probably playing one of his last games ever as a Flame. He's gone by the deadline.

He's gone by tonight/tomorrow morning according to Dreger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum