GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks

+15
wprager
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
asq2
TheAvatar
dennycrane
SDH89
Riprock
PKC
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/12/15/12162956.html

Spezza felt knee pop. Could miss 4 to 6 weeks. I personally think it'll be more, that does not sound good at all. Popping knees = bad.
It all depends on if it's a tear, partial tear or sprain of a ligament. I heard a pop when I sprained my MCL... no tearing, no surgery required.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Hennessy's been recalled, according to SensChirp.

o yee... Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks - Page 5 489887 the career AHLer gets another shot. are we really that desperate that hennessy gets the call? what are his stats so far?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

o yee... Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks - Page 5 489887 the career AHLer gets another shot. are we really that desperate that hennessy gets the call? what are his stats so far?

18th in the entire AHL in scoring, 10 goals, 14 assists in 27 games, +15 I believe, which puts him top 5 in the league as well.

He's having an amazing year - however - as happy as I am for him, Martin St.Pierre is 2nd in the AHL in scoring and probably deserved a chance even more so.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder what Murray's move will be if Spezza goes on the LTIR, opens up a bit more cap space to work with.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

18th in the entire AHL in scoring, 10 goals, 14 assists in 27 games, +15 I believe, which puts him top 5 in the league as well.

He's having an amazing year - however - as happy as I am for him, Martin St.Pierre is 2nd in the AHL in scoring and probably deserved a chance even more so.

can that translate to NHL? i`ve always felt hennessy would never reach the NHL.(apart from the few call-ups he`s had)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

can that translate to NHL? i`ve always felt hennessy would never reach the NHL.(apart from the few call-ups he`s had)

Probably not actually. Laugh1 (sorry Josh).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I wonder what Murray's move will be if Spezza goes on the LTIR, opens up a bit more cap space to work with.

Depends on how long he's out though.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:I wonder what Murray's move will be if Spezza goes on the LTIR, opens up a bit more cap space to work with.

Depends on how long he's out though.

If he's out 8+ weeks like they're speculating, that would put him at roughly an early March return.

Brandon Bochenski is a ppg player in the AHL, so any illusions about what Hennessy will do here should be, at best, tempered...

If it is indeed and 8 week injury, hopefully the brass is smart enough to sit him for the 2 games before the olympic break and give him that extra month or so the fully heal. No alfredsson miracle comeback is needed here.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This from Garrioch:

Sens' Spezza could miss 4-6 weeks

and

Also not on the ice today were forwards Chris Kelly and Nick Foligno. There is as yet no information on their absences.

Swirly enough for ya?

yet to be any information? Clouston said it was maintenance...and Garrioche was there Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks - Page 5 484884 Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks - Page 5 489887

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gohan wrote:yet to be any information? Clouston said it was maintenance...and Garrioche was there Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks - Page 5 484884 Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks - Page 5 489887

I guess we'll have to stay tuned and see where this all leads. Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks - Page 5 235689 Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks - Page 5 805406

the buffet table.

pass the melba toast, please

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:If it is indeed and 8 week injury, hopefully the brass is smart enough to sit him for the 2 games before the olympic break and give him that extra month or so the fully heal. No alfredsson miracle comeback is needed here.

That's a good point actually.

March it is then.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How did he get hurt, anyway? My kid may have erased the game already.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:How did he get hurt, anyway? My kid may have erased the game already.

Off the faceoff he and Stajan or someone got tangled up and Stajan rolled over onto Spezza's leg, who rolled over on his ankle.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:How did he get hurt, anyway? My kid may have erased the game already.

Off the faceoff he and Stajan or someone got tangled up and Stajan rolled over onto Spezza's leg, who rolled over on his ankle.

So did he at least take out one of theirs?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum