GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leclaire injured, one hopes not seriously

+4
Riprock
PKC
shabbs
davetherave
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Being at the game last night, it was impressive to see how Pascal Leclaire has really given the Senators quality goaltending.

So it was disconcerting to see him go down in the second, and not come out for the third.

From The Citizen this morning:

The Senators have won three straight for the first time this season; for the Sabres it's their first three-game losing streak.

In the dressing room, the usual joyous mood from having whipped Pittsburgh and Buffalo in consecutive games was tempered by the loss of starting goaltender Pascal Leclaire to a lower-body injury.

Leclaire was hurt in the second period when Buffalo's Jochen Hecht fell on him in a goalmouth scramble. Slow to get to his feet, Leclaire finished the period but did not return for the third period as backup Brian Elliott stepped in.

Senators head coach Cory Clouston said afterward Leclaire was "sore" but did not say which part of Leclaire's "lower body" was injured. Acquired last spring from the Columbus Blue Jackets, Leclaire missed almost all of last season after ankle surgery.

http://www.faceoff.com/story.html?id=2b2dee8a-1781-4b4c-a48a-cab6400c1024&add_feed_url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.faceoff.com%2ftopstories.atom

This was the first time I have seen the Senators 'live' this year, and they played with a cohesiveness that should be most encouraging to Sens fans.

They seemed not to miss Kovalev at all.

While Alfredsson delivers his usual top-notch work, Mike Fisher has really emerged as a leader for this team. His two-way play and explosiveness are truly exciting to watch.

Michalek has fit right in.

Phillips also looks as good as he ever has, a real rock on the blueline.

One hopes Pascal isn't hurt badly.

After a few ups and downs, the Senators have put together three wins in a row, and might just surprise their critics.

Cory Clouston has done wonders with this club.

Leclaire has showed Bruce Garrioch--who calls him "Chocolate Leclaire"--just where Bruce can stuff it.

Congratulations to the Senators, and best wishes to Monsieur Leclaire for a quick recovery.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hopefully Leclaire is fine and it's nothing long term. Next three games will be good tests for Elliott if Leclaire takes it easy. Caps, Devils and Blue Jackets, all with better records than us.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Hopefully Leclaire is fine and it's nothing long term. Next three games will be good tests for Elliott if Leclaire takes it easy. Caps, Devils and Blue Jackets, all with better records than us.

The Sens needed these three wins in a row, things are only going to get tougher in the next 3, if we can at least split the points, we're looking pretty good.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully he is good to go shortly, cause he faired much better than Elliott did.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

The way Clouston talked about him last night in the post game interview, he didn't look too too concerned. He shook his head when the reporter mentioned the ankle and then said Leclaire will be fine, let's hope he means it

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think at the time it happened he was more concerned with his neck/head. So it's probably that his hamstring got tweaked a bit and he only felt it when he cooled off during the intermission.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It sounds like he's fine. He's backing up tonight vs. the Caps so it can't be too bad at all. Phew

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Being at the game last night, it was impressive to see how Pascal Leclaire has really given the Senators quality goaltending.

So it was disconcerting to see him go down in the second, and not come out for the third.

Nice, you went to the Buffalo game Dave?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum