GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did Leclaire do enough to earn another start?

+5
Number Twenty Nine
SensGirl11
dennycrane
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally think Pascal Leclaire did more than enough to earn a third consecutive start. He came up big in both the LA and Dallas games and hasn't allowed a soft goal in either game. He has also come out of those two games with some pretty nice stats. GAA of 2 and a SV% in the high 920s over those two games is huge considering that the Sens really didn't insulate Pascale nor did they provide much offensive support in either game.

If Leclaire does get the next start do you think it's because Clouston is giving Pascal the chance to grab the number 1 job or is it political pressure from Murray?

If Elliott gets the start do you think it is the right call? Do you feel the decision was made that Brian would be the starter from the moment Leclaire was injured and it's only fair to get your "starter" back in the net? Do you think it's Clouston telling his goalies that I've decided who will be number one and it's Elliott?

Do any of you think either goalie will truly take the reigns and be the undisputed number one goalie this season? Has it happened yet?

- Unknown Author

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Next game is a first of back to back games so I wouldn't read too much into whoever gets the start since I think both will get starts.

As far as thinking whether Leclaire deserves another start or not, I'm gonna have to take off my "Elliott coloured glasses" and admit that Leclaire has played well enough to deserve another start soon. My issue is that the team doesn't play well with him in nets, and this has nothing to do with Leclaire, but if the team doesn't have confidence in him the games he starts won't translate into W's.

It's completely unfair, but life is unfair and it's all about results, and Leclaire hasn't managed to get those results.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Leclaire hasn't played enough lately to worry about the back to back situation. If Leclaire earns the starts I could see him playing both the Pittsburgh and the Toronto game. If what you say is true then Leclaire will have to steal a couple wins before the team trusts him enough to start playing better in front of him. I agree it's not fair but Leclaire has the ability to do that.

- Unknown Author

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I'd split the next two games. Elliott doesn't deserve to be shut out of 4 in 6. Bear in mind he is above .500 on they year while Leclaire is well below.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I'd split the next two games. Elliott doesn't deserve to be shut out of 4 in 6. Bear in mind he is above .500 on they year while Leclaire is well below.

I'd be okay with Elliott getting the Leaf game on Saturday barring a down right stellar performance by Leclaire of course.

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I think Leclaire deserved this last start, he was great again last night and kept us in it, it's our forwards and d that can't seem to find the back of the net lately. Once again...our goalies are playing well and our offense is non-existent. We can never have everything rolling at the same time, it's very frustrating.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

our luck was better than Dallas' luck last night. By rights, this would have been 6-2 if they could've hit the hit. LeClaire was in odd positions alot of the time leaving the net wide open (which they missed).

That being said, he needs more games to find his form. He should stay in.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Leclaire's been good, but I have a feeling Clouston will go to Elliott for tomorrow afternoon and then back to Leclaire for the Leafs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:Leclaire's been good, but I have a feeling Clouston will go to Elliott for tomorrow afternoon and then back to Leclaire for the Leafs.

I think that will depend on Elliott. If he has a strong game and we win then Elliott goes back in. I think if we see Elliott tomorrow it's because Elliott is Clouston's guy.

- Unknown Author

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Leclaire's been good, but I have a feeling Clouston will go to Elliott for tomorrow afternoon and then back to Leclaire for the Leafs.

I think that will depend on Elliott. If he has a strong game and we win then Elliott goes back in. I think if we see Elliott tomorrow it's because Elliott is Clouston's guy.

That's true, although I think Elliott is going in tomorrow because he is Clouston's guy 100% - I don't really think it matters what Leclaire does at this point in Clouston's mind.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:our luck was better than Dallas' luck last night. By rights, this would have been 6-2 if they could've hit the hit. LeClaire was in odd positions alot of the time leaving the net wide open (which they missed).

That being said, he needs more games to find his form. He should stay in.

Very true. I find that that's the case too often with Leclaire. In fact, I'd say that that's my primary concern with Leclaire's game. He frequently leaves enormous rebounds coupled with empty nets.

On the other hand, Elliot overplays the side of the net like crazy. I can't believe we haven't seen a dozen wraparounds score on him. Sometimes he overshoots the side of the net so much that he's actually standing beside the net.

All in all, I'm not overly confident in either goalie. Not a great feeling when the rest of the team isn't exactly playing lights out.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Elliott stunk against the penguins, Leclaire stunk against the Leafs. Criss-Cross!

Answer = give up a lot to get Vokoun.

I think he can be had for Leclaire, Foligno, and Campoli, but he'd have to be signed to a reasonable contract extension.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, but he lost; so who knows?

My best guess would be Elliott versus Pittsburgh. Actually nope, I changed my mind; Leclaire.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To answer all my questions:

If Leclaire starts next game it's probably due to pressure from Murray IMO. I do feel he did enough to deserve the start tomorrow though.

If Elliott starts it's Clouston saying he's our guy and it's time for him to get back in as far as I'm concerned. The choice was made as soon as Leclaire got injured as well it seems.

I don't think either goalie takes the bull by the horns and grabs the number one job as their own either.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum