GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1?

+19
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
wprager
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
CockRoche
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
Ev
Riprock
shabbs
PTFlea
SensHulk
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1?

Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Vote_lcap221%Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Vote_rcap2 21% [ 4 ]
Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Vote_lcap253%Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Vote_rcap2 53% [ 10 ]
Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Vote_lcap226%Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Vote_rcap2 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

1Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Empty Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Have at it guys. This is a question I wish we weren't still asking after the preseason ended, but yet here we are.

There is no doubt in my mind that if the senators want stead¥ goaltending, they need to run with Elliott. But the upside on Leclaire with his skill level is also just too hard to den¥. But he had a sub .900 save% and didn't do an¥thing in the preseason to convince otherwise, even with his 'buddy' wamsley at the helm.

Who's it gonna be? Split duty to start it off? Win and you play? Trade? Can't believe we're doing this again Mad

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Elliott.

Unless he craps his pants, I'd give him the first 5 games before bringing in Leclaire.

I would bet money Elliott starts Friday. No question it's his job to lose for now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm gonna say it's Leclaire that gets the nod out the gate. We can't have a controversy right off the bat no matter how much BooBoo wants one. They should let him get a groove with the D and see what he can do.

Yes, 13 goals in 3 games concerns me greatly, but it was pre-season.

Pascal needs to be the man.

Last edited by shabbs on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Leclaire. I think he needs to be the #1, he performed better under pressure when Elliott did not. I really don't see a big difference between their play this pre-season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Barry Brust

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Barry Brust

Why not Mike Brodeur?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dash wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Barry Brust

Why not Mike Brodeur?
He pulled an SSF.

Wink

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Elliott

In his first full year in the NHL he was a league start 3 times in 8 weeks. GerberII has tons of skill but once the pressure is on, he's off. During Game 6 last year it was Leclaire, along with his teammates, that coughed up a 3-0 lead halfway through the game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Once we're clear on who #2 is, we'll have our answer.

Vertigo

10Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Empty Re: Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

According to Wamsley, Leclaire is more athletic but Elliott is more technically sound. Watching highlights of Leclaire in Columbus it doesn't even look like the same goalie we got. Maybe that ankle injury made him worse.

While it's only the preseason so far, I think this year will be like last year, Elliott will grab the #1 spot again. It's been a slow start so far.

Fortunately both our goalies are FA after this year so we can totally change our goalies around if it comes to that.

11Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Empty Re: Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:37 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Did you guys have this discussion last year as well? Just curious, as by the sounds of the original post you did.

That is sad and funny at the same time.

My view:
Leclaire - I have never been a fan; skill set or health wise. He is not a starting goalie and should never be counted on to be one. Makes no sense.
Elliott - is growing on me.

12Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Empty Re: Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:Did you guys have this discussion last year as well? Just curious, as by the sounds of the original post you did.

My view:
Leclaire - I have never been a fan; skill set or health wise. He is not a starting goalie and should never be counted on to be one. Makes no sense.

Did you ever write your thoughts on Leclaire ? I'm curious why he can't be #1 (skill wise anyway - we all know about his health), besides the fact he never won anything in Juniors.

13Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Empty Re: Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:55 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
CockRoche wrote:Did you guys have this discussion last year as well? Just curious, as by the sounds of the original post you did.

My view:

Did you ever write your thoughts on Leclaire ? I'm curious why he can't be #1 (skill wise anyway - we all know about his health), besides the fact he never won anything in Juniors.

Nope, I never did. He has never really been brought into threads I have looked at until now.

Short answer - skill wise. He doesn't trust himself and therefore guesses way to often. He is a small goalie, who plays even smaller.

I will expand tomorrow when I have some more time if you wish. Actually, I want to, I just have to remember to.

14Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Empty Re: Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:26 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

leclaire by a mile.INO elliott is an average goalie(please elliott, prove me wrong) and pascale has the skill set and speed to be above average. he's just got to stop being so careless and get his head screwed on right.

15Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Empty Re: Elliott or Leclaire - Who's Number 1? Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:According to Wamsley, Leclaire is more athletic but Elliott is more technically sound. Watching highlights of Leclaire in Columbus it doesn't even look like the same goalie we got. Maybe that ankle injury made him worse.

While it's only the preseason so far, I think this year will be like last year, Elliott will grab the #1 spot again. It's been a slow start so far.

Fortunately both our goalies are FA after this year so we can totally change our goalies around if it comes to that.

Leclaire is an athletic reflex goalie. He needs to stay deep in his net to be successful. He wanders too much.

For all the criticism Elliott takes, he did manage a 29 win NHL season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum