GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa prospect Number 1

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
NEELY
spader
Ev
wprager
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Ottawa prospect Number 1

Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_lcap250%Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 7 ]
Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_lcap243%Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_rcap2 43% [ 6 ]
Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_lcap27%Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa prospect Number 1 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Ottawa prospect Number 1 Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vote on ottawa's top prospect.

2Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, since you have Stone and Ceci on there I can't vote for Lazar. I was very surprised with how well Ceci did -- nobody in the organization thought he was up for more than a few games, yet there he was putting Wiercioch out of a roster spot (not entirely fair to slot Wierchioch in on the right; should have been Cowen to ride the bench).

So I voted Ceci. Wanna fight about it?

3Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone is right up there, too. And then Lazar. I just can't put a guy who hasn't had a single game at the pro level against players who have shown a full season in the NHL and/or played in a playoff game.

4Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Stone is right up there, too.  And then Lazar.  I just can't put a guy who hasn't had a single game at the pro level against players who have shown a full season in the NHL and/or played in a playoff game.

sure you can. Stone is farther along in his development, but this is about what prospect we have that is most valuable to th organization.

I like stone and Ceci a lot, but I think Lazar is something really special.

5Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And I hope you are right, but I would still like to see him play a few games in the NHL.

6Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stone doesn't have near the same kind of talent level or value

7Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Stone doesn't have near the same kind of talent level or value

Same level or value as who, Lazar? On what do you base that assumption?

8Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I base that assumption that lazar is and was miles ahead of him as a prospect and has more talent. Pedigree and eye test.

Stone wasn't that highly rated by the org a couple of years back. He'll be a good player but lazar is and will be better.

9Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:26 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I voted for Stone. As much as I anticipate seeing Lazar play, I haven't yet and don't have a frame of reference for him. I also considered Stone's readiness.

That said, the two I'm most excited about seeing are Dzingel and Lazar. Stone is my top prospect, but hose two are at the top of my giddiness meter.

10Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:36 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lazar, this shouldn't be close. Stone has been part of the organization for almost 5 years and been developed, Lazar just over 1. One guy could be a franchise type player, the other is going to be a solid top 6 NHLer. This shouldn't be a close poll.

11Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:05 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who would get the most return in a trade right now? It'd be Lazar.

We've seen Stone and Ceci play NHL games, and while the results have been good, there's been nothing mind blowing.

12Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I base that assumption that lazar is and was miles ahead of him as a prospect and has more talent. Pedigree and eye test.

Stone wasn't that highly rated by the org a couple of years back. He'll be a good player but lazar is and will be better.

Pedigree? Stone led the 2012 WJC team in scoring, Lazar finished 3rd. Both teams lost in the semis but at least Stone went home with a bronze medal. They are very different players so I am not suggesting Stone is "better", just saying that both have pedigree.

13Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Who would get the most return in a trade right now?  It'd be Lazar.  

We've seen Stone and Ceci play NHL games, and while the results have been good, there's been nothing mind blowing.  

Which is still way more than we've seen from the others.

14Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Who would get the most return in a trade right now?  It'd be Lazar.  

Which is still way more than we've seen from the others.

Do you argue that Lazar would get the most in return in a trade?

15Ottawa prospect Number 1 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lazar would get the most in a trade. That said, I believe Stone is our best prospect right now. Lazar has not proved anything at the NHL level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum